Dublin OOM errors

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ray.

Visit your account in the shop to get a complete installer.

Regards

Jon

Jon,

I appreciate you're trying to help but I've said on more than one occasion I didn't buy direct from Aerosoft and Dublin doesn't appear in the list of items in my account. I have registered Dublin with them but only a 1.00 - 1.02 update is available and I already have that. So whilst I can download an update I cannot download a new version.

I bought from PC Aviator because I can avoid VAT and get a better price with the Pound / Dollar exchange rate. But for all those who bought from other stores how do they get v1.10?

I've just run the Aerosoft Launcher software on my FSX PC and whilst it showed the update to v1.1 was available when I clicked on the Install button it showed another window with the update option greyed out.

So I concur with Olli. Having bought an Aerosoft product I would like a link to the updated version please.

I've just run the Aerosoft Launcher software on my FSX PC and whilst it showed the update to v1.1 was available when I clicked on the Install button it showed another window with the update option greyed out.

So I concur with Olli. Having bought an Aerosoft product I would like a link to the updated version please.

Hi Ray,

This issue should be brought up with PC Aviator, the store you purchased Dublin from. Aerosoft will send out the most up to date files to all of the retailers as soon as they can. If Aerosoft has sent them out, then it is on PC Aviator to provide you with the access to that updated installer. If you have not already, check your e-mail as shops are usually good about sending update information out to customers. If anything, inquire with PC Aviator as well if you have not already. Keep in mind this is the full installer, not just a simple update.

Also with the update 1.10.

Coming in the near of the Airport.

Before 1,7GB was used on FSX. Then the airport loaded -> usage increases in 2sec to 3,2 GB -> OOM...

So i think, its not a USERs problem, its a scenery problem!

Hi

I didn't notice any memory leak which shoud result with OOM.

Tried few times short flight from EGLL-EIDW, with ORBX England, and Airbus Extended and long flight from LDZA-EIDW.

No problems. I leave a/c parked on apron for few hours without OOM.

Scenery is much more demanding, but I have steady 20-25FPS and I don't have super fast PC.

Only problem was with combination ORBX Ireland and Dublin when I had blurrie textures and only solution was to deactivate ORBX Ireland

Hi

I didn't notice any memory leak which shoud result with OOM.

Tried few times short flight from EGLL-EIDW, with ORBX England, and Airbus Extended and long flight from LDZA-EIDW.

No problems. I leave a/c parked on apron for few hours without OOM.

Scenery is much more demanding, but I have steady 20-25FPS and I don't have super fast PC.

Only problem was with combination ORBX Ireland and Dublin when I had blurrie textures and only solution was to deactivate ORBX Ireland

Your FSX configs?

when you bought a car,you wanna drive in it ,what you don't want is that it always stops running at the end of the street.

That is what FSX does, now we can put men on the moon but we can not fix the OOM problems inside the FSX,that's hard to believe for me.

Ron

Hi

I will post my FSX settings later because I'm at work.

But generally settings are like explained in ORBX manuals.

AI Aircraft OFF because I'm flying online.

What exactly do You want. Which part of FSX cfg

My PC:

i5-760 OC 2.8GHz

ATI HD5770

8GB DDR

Your FSX configs?

Hi

My FSX.cfg (only important entrys)

TextureMaxLoad=14
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=70

[DISPLAY.Device.AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series.0]
Mode=1680x1050x32
TriLinear=1

[GRAPHICS]
AC_SELF_SHADOW=0
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1
AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0
ALLOW_SHADER_30=1
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
D3D10=0
EFFECTS_QUALITY=1
ForceFullScreenVSync=1
ForceWindowedVSync=1
GROUND_SHADOWS=0
HIGHMEMFIX=1
IMAGE_QUALITY=0
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
NUM_LIGHTS=8
See_Self=1
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693458432
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693458432
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024
TEXTURE_QUALITY=3
Text_Scroll=1

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14

[Main]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33

[TERRAIN]
AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1
IMAGE_PIXELS_FOR_AUTOGEN_POLYGONS=2048
LOD_RADIUS=4.500000
MESH_COMPLEXITY=100
MESH_RESOLUTION=23
SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=2
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29
WATER_EFFECTS=0

TextureMaxLoad=14 looks odd, it should be at least 1024

Save a copy of your fsx.cfg then delete the original one and restart fsx again.

Do NOT use any tweaks except for HIGHMEMFIX=1 for the moment .

Also with the update 1.10.

Coming in the near of the Airport.

Before 1,7GB was used on FSX. Then the airport loaded -> usage increases in 2sec to 3,2 GB -> OOM...

So i think, its not a USERs problem, its a scenery problem!

I second that, its clearly not just because of the combination of add-ons we use. It nails right down to this specific scenery.

Regardless of how detailed, beautiful and accurate it is... We cant blame our high settings or usage of other add-ons for the OOM errors.

As Mathijs stated, Thessaloniki is the second most VAS demanding airport after Dublin. Yet I have no problems using Thessaloniki with the NGX, REX, MTX, etc etc. The scenery radius is much larger than Dublin yet it has little or no OOMs/

I even lowered my settings and eliminated the majority of my add-ons yet still experience OOMs or near OOMs approaching Dublin.

So sorry Aerosoft but the blame does come back to this specfic scenery for being so VAS hungry, disabling apron traffic or disabling animated flags, even lowering the texture settings doesnt seem to help much either in my case and I'm running 64 bit (4Gig Limit).

I second that, its clearly not just because of the combination of add-ons we use. It nails right down to this specific scenery.

Regardless of how detailed, beautiful and accurate it is... We cant blame our high settings or usage of other add-ons for the OOM errors.

As Mathijs stated, Thessaloniki is the second most VAS demanding airport after Dublin. Yet I have no problems using Thessaloniki with the NGX, REX, MTX, etc etc. The scenery radius is much larger than Dublin yet it has little or no OOMs/

I even lowered my settings and eliminated the majority of my add-ons yet still experience OOMs or near OOMs approaching Dublin.

So sorry Aerosoft but the blame does come back to this specfic scenery for being so VAS hungry, disabling apron traffic or disabling animated flags, even lowering the texture settings doesnt seem to help much either in my case and I'm running 64 bit (4Gig Limit).

Agree!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Agree!

So you want to tell us that Dublin neeeds 1.5 GB VAS? Sorry, but this is pure nonsense. Yes, it is not easy on VAS, but definitely doesn't use more then 500-600 MB. Your statement above is as useless as the one about the fps in AES. ;)

So you want to tell us that Dublin neeeds 1.5 GB VAS? Sorry, but this is pure nonsense. Yes, it is not easy on VAS, but definitely doesn't use more then 500-600 MB. Your statement above is as useless as the one about the fps in AES. ;)

This is customer support from aerosoft?

Congratulations.

This is customer support from aerosoft?

Congratulations.

lol, to be clear, on my system I've calculated that Mega Airport Dublin uses aprox over 800 MBs of VAS which is a bit demanding, especially for users who want the 'full experience' with other add-ons. Something will have to be cut down on.

Does anybody know the VAS limit for Prepar3d ( Latest Version) by any chance ?

Archived