Dublin OOM errors

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am just seeing what is happening concerning complains... I don´t fly in Ireland, but I was considering to buy this scenery because it looks fantastic. But a fantastic look doesn´t mean 30 FPS and no OOMs as well. Seeing all those complains... hmmm, I don´t know...

About memory I have also 8 GB RAM and a fast memory as well. Of course I want to use the scenery with PMDG, ORBX FTX Global, REX and all the stuff together. To use the scenery alone that is of course possible, but it looks worse, sorry. I use all the stuff together with other addons and no OOMs. That´s the point.

harpsi

If thousands of copies are sold that would mean at least 95% of those people would have issues which isn't the amount I saw coming by at the forums. I think you don't know how FSX handles certain things. Let me give you an example. I made the video for the product and experienced one OOM using the PMDG 777 running together with the captainsim 757 with mcphat textures and the airbus x ftx ireland, rex essential and having my settings almost maxed out and running the textures at 4096. The reasson for this was that my settings were just to high as you can imagine. After tuning it down it ran fine and never had the issue again.

What people seem to forget is that when you install more scenery into FSX, eventhough it's located on the other side of the fs planet, it will use some of your load.

You can uncheck stuff in your library which you don't use so that it will run smoother.

And as Mathijs said, as long as you haven't had the scenery and experience you can't judge. Aerosoft will never sell something that can't be used by end users as this would be far from logic.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am just seeing what is happening concerning complains... I don´t fly in Ireland, but I was considering to buy this scenery because it looks fantastic. But a fantastic look doesn´t mean 30 FPS and no OOMs as well. Seeing all those complains... hmmm, I don´t know...

About memory I have also 8 GB RAM and a fast memory as well. Of course I want to use the scenery with PMDG, ORBX FTX Global, REX and all the stuff together. To use the scenery alone that is of course possible, but it looks worse, sorry. I use all the stuff together with other addons and no OOMs. That´s the point.

harpsi

I managed to fly the PMDG B777 (900 MB VAS footprint) around Thessaloniki X (750 VAS footprint).

Around the latest Dublin X (600 MB VAS footprint) that should even be easier.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This sentence simply tells us that you didn't understand anything. You might have 128GB RAM and will still get an OOM as FSX can onyl use 4GB RAM in max with a 64bit operating system. And if you count it like this:

FSX ~1GB

+ Addon 1 ~500 MB

+ Addon 2 ~800 MB

+ Addon 3 ~600 MB

+ Addon 4 ~400 MB

+ Addon 5 ~400 MB

+ Addon 6 ~200 MB

= 3.9 GB

and you'll get your OOM. Whom are you going to blame? Addon 1, Addon 2 or which one?

The more complex, the more detailed addons are and when using more and more addons like this (aircraft or scenery) and the higher your settings in FSX are, the more likely you'll get an OOM.

So instead of complaining and making false suggestions think about a solution for your individuell environment like using different profiles for FSX depending where you are flying and what you are flying.

harpsi

harpsi,

Let's imagine you bought Dublin first and later on bought a PMDG aircraft. Would you now be blaming PMDG for crashing FSX because before you bought it you were able to fly into Dublin without FSX crashing?

Aerosoft are about to release a modified version of Dublin that will be less memory hungry. Are other software developers doing the same for their products? If you do buy Dublin just modify your FSX preferences and it will be fine.

This sentence simply tells us that you didn't understand anything. You might have 128GB RAM and will still get an OOM as FSX can onyl use 4GB RAM in max with a 64bit operating system. And if you count it like this:

FSX ~1GB

+ Addon 1 ~500 MB

+ Addon 2 ~800 MB

+ Addon 3 ~600 MB

+ Addon 4 ~400 MB

+ Addon 5 ~400 MB

+ Addon 6 ~200 MB

= 3.9 GB

and you'll get your OOM. Whom are you going to blame? Addon 1, Addon 2 or which one?

The more complex, the more detailed addons are and when using more and more addons like this (aircraft or scenery) and the higher your settings in FSX are, the more likely you'll get an OOM.

So instead of complaining and making false suggestions think about a solution for your individuell environment like using different profiles for FSX depending where you are flying and what you are flying.

Do you count all the installed addons or just the used addons at a certain moment? If you have 200 entries in your scenery.cfg will the sim load all the 200 entries or just the ones in use at that área? The same for aircraft: will you count just the aircraft I am using or also the other installed aircrafts, even not in use at that moment?

harpsi

For simplicity, count in ALL photoscenery and the other scenery/airports in the vicinity of your aircraft.

Furthermore AI traffic and clouds in your vicinity as well. Plus your current aircraft.

For example:

PMDG - think of high resolution textures, deep systems, and the complete custom sound set. Add the VAS impact of your FS2Crew edition (another 180 MB, roughly speaking) and, maybe, FS2Crew RAAS.

ORBX FTX Global - think of ORBX night lighting and increased custom autogen

REX - think of HD cloud textures and multiple cloud layers

It's best to scale down textures to the 1.024 (aircraft), or even 512 bit range (clouds), and to disable any not-used scenery via Scenery Config Editor. (If you're flying into Heathrow, you don't need EGLC/London City - it could kill your flight via its VAS penalty.)

And don't use insanely high autogen and LOD_radius settings.

OOM memory issues are caused by the client being ottws (Over The Top With Settings). By this I mean you have your scenery settings way to high and if you take into account that you might have AI traffic aswell as high scenery settings and then cars boats and high rendered clouds.

FSX is an old engine lets treat her with some TLC. Lower your settings find a suitable setting with all settings like i have and i don't get any OOM'S

1. Cloud draw distance
  2. Texture format = 1024 not 4096 - Big Memory Guzzler
  3. Lower your traffic density and spawn distance if using UT2
  4. Animated traffic in and around the addon airport will such your CPU juice like mad

I have a Intel 2500k Sandy bridge clocked at 5.6ghz 3gb graphics and also 850psu .

I still have to lower certain things where i fly its the engine not the scenery .

If fsx was new and made to todays technology you would be laughing its old !

On my settings I have Dublin Extreme and going on what i have said i have flow into here from Punta Cana with no issues near 9 HRS flight

Hi

I just had OOMs at LTBA from Taxi2Gate. However I don´t fly to EGLL or LFPG for example.

I have sliders set to maximum or closed to maximum, AI traffic 100 %, clouds resonably detailed by REX. Lod radius is 4,5 and texture resolution is 2048. Himemfix = 1 and some other fsx.cfg tweaks as well.

I have sandy bridge i7-2600k clocked to 4,7 GB and geforce GTX 580.

harpsi

Hi

I just had OOMs at LTBA from Taxi2Gate. However I don´t fly to EGLL or LFPG for example.

I have sliders set to maximum or closed to maximum, AI traffic 100 %, clouds resonably detailed by REX. Lod radius is 4,5 and texture resolution is 2048. Himemfix = 1 and some other fsx.cfg tweaks as well.

harpsi

Turn 2048 off make it 1024

In regards to clouds what is the point in asking the sim to draw clouds 90 miles away even before you get there tutut you are asking for trouble

Olli,

On the support database there is only a 1.00 to 1.02 link. Where is the link for the 1.10 update?

REinstall your download from your Aerosoft Account as the file has been updated

Or if your a simmarket customer

below explains

As oli states below

There is no upgrade, it is a full new installer. So check the download link in your simmarket order.

Maybe simmarket needs longer to replace the installer, but later today it should be availble there.

Rafal / Sound Guru,

Thanks for your help. I didn't buy directly from Aerosoft but from a foreign seller. I'll logon to my account on my FSX PC and see what is available.

Yeah good one . Let me or Rafal Haczek

know if you have any more issues.

Sometimes Third Party sellers are not as fast as the Direct seller or publisher for updates.

I really would recommend buying from Aerosoft Direct in the future for fast updates.

Just a THOUGHT.

You can set 1024px inside your fsx.cfg but if the texture is 4096px than he will load in the full (4096px) size of the texture into the memory and resize it to 1024px and that's what he (the FSX) shows us.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi

harpsi

You are asking too much from FSX. Turn down your settings and you will have less issues.

Rafal / Sound Guru,

Thanks for your help. I didn't buy directly from Aerosoft but from a foreign seller. I'll logon to my account on my FSX PC and see what is available.

You can also register here and download the v1.10 full installer from there. May be quicker than waiting for your vendor replacing the download file:

http://support.aerosoft.com/support.php?language=en

• Deputy Sheriffs

You can also register here and download the v1.10 full installer from there. May be quicker than waiting for your vendor replacing the download file:

http://support.aerosoft.com/support.php?language=en

As far as I know you can't update in the Aerosoft support page unless you bought it from Aerosoft but feel free to correct me on this one

As far as I know you can't update in the Aerosoft support page unless you bought it from Aerosoft but feel free to correct me on this one

The support database is also offered to customers of other shops than the Aerosoft one. As an Aerosoft download customer, you would have to re-download from your download account instead.

I downloaded all the Airbus installers (v1.05 through to v1.16) from the Aerosoft updates database, even though (= because) I bought my Airbus from flightsimstore ( :P).

Archived