What customers think

• Aerosoft

Kindfuly Thank you mr. Kok

I love my AXE,but it would be better if it was more complex,

Anyway,it is a great bus but it's only one step behind PMDG 737,who will be passed by you guys here in Aerosoft

Regards

Well it is not aimed at the same level, it is not sold at the same price and there is a lot of content that you will have to buy additionally for the 737. For example an one month old nav database, webserver, RAAS, semi automatic checklists etc. We gone for a wider product instead of a deeper product.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

I'm pretty surprised how negative and serious people can be towards a sparetime-hobby product. After reading some posts I feel sorry for those people working for our entertainment ( and yes, for money :boohoo_s: ) and being criticised as if life depended on it. I really like the plane, it's pretty cool! Thank you Aerosoft.

Great Job on the update release today, I really like what I see now. TOD needs a little tweaking in my opinion but really am enjoying the plane also.

Version 1.03 working pretty well for me. Just got the fright of my life when the flight deck door opened and a srewardess asked if I wanted a coffee - and she came back with it five minutes later! Wonder if I'll get a meal...

Nice work folks.

Just completed my second flight in 1.03. The first flight went CTD on final but without an error message and nothing in the logs - not convinced that this was an AXE problem, hey computers do strange things! The second flight was perfect, ok the TOD was a little early but I can handle that by setting NAV2 to the airport VOR and using the 3 x alt + 10 rule to check it.

• Aerosoft

Great Job on the update release today, I really like what I see now. TOD needs a little tweaking in my opinion but really am enjoying the plane also.

ToD will always be an open issues as we just do not have all the information on the winds below you. Certainly with some weather add-ons the expected wind is just not as expected. This is of course also true in the real aircraft, but there winds are more reliable.

Hello Mathijs,

thank you, and the whole team, Beta-testers and Developers for your great work during the last weeks. Although Mathijs has been in Xmas & birthday holidays, he did not to much the last days ;)

But i hope hope you and your family could relaxe.

I thank you all for working on this additional fix. (1.03b) The idea, with the sep. PB for non AES users is real great.

I absolutly can recommand this Product - its a BUY! :)

Keep smiling!

Dear Mathijs and the rest of your team,

I want to thank you again for this beautiful aircraft you delivered us.

You must have worked very hard to accomplish this piece of complicated software.

In the new releases many small problems have been solved, I appreciate this very much.

You know.... the feeling and mood you get when you click on External Power from the cold and dark cockpit

is already worth the money ;-) ;-) That sound is so realistic and I can know because I am very frequently in cockpits like this

one in real life. And the checklist-handling by the co-pilot is just brilliant.

Many of the errors that are written about in the forum are pilots' errors because many people think they can fire up and

fly away with a complicated aircraft like this and that is simply not the case.

Ofcourse it is very good that there are very critical pilots but hey it's also time to party when a delivery like this one arrives at our harddisks!

Again my sincere compliments and I am looking (patiently) forward to the new developments of Aerosoft.

But take your time Mathijs because mastering this aircraft in all it's essence gives enough joy for the coming months!

A very happy user,

Hans Wildschut

Schiphol Airport

"What customers think"

Well, i think i'm done, to be an "paying beta-tester"

Out of my hangar, yes.

Well, that's what i think, and have done.

Have a nice day.

Brgds

Stein-Ove

I'd just like to say I completed my first online flight in the AXE today - and it brought a big smile to my face!

Yes there are still things I can see that could be improved (and I know you are working on most of these) and it's going to take me a while to set the feature list and options to get it just how I like it, master it properly, get it working other programmes etc etc. but I expected that and it's part of the learning curve and the fun.

The best compliment I can offer is that all my flying for the next month or two will be with the AXE - so a very satisfied customer here. Congratulations to all involved in this complex task and I look forward to any future updates/fixes to make it even better!

Richard

IVAO Events Manager FlyUK VA

www.flyuk.aero

I had a flight from LSZH to LOWW with the updated 1.03b AXE and its a huge overall improvement. As always, there are lots of tiny details around the VC which can be implemented to enhance the experience.

Tonight I did EHAM to EGLL.

Look at the touchdown rate ;-)

The better you fly on the numbers and when taking care of the landingphase (QNH etc.) the better your landings will be!

Flight number: BA441

Network: VATSIM

Departure: EHAM

Destination: EGLL

Alternate: EGGW

Distance: 259 nm

Touch rate: -17 fpm

Flight time: 01:19:00

Flightplan:

GORLO UL980 XAMAN L980 LOGAN

Isn't it an idea to make a section in this forum where we can share our experiences with the airbus.

I mean, how we fly it, how we plan things and what happens during the flights.

Can be very entertaining and maybe many lessons can be learned that way ;-)

Greetings,

Hans Wildschut

To Hans, I hope your passengers gave you a round of applause after that "greaser" of a landing!!

With regards the AXE, I am relatively new to more complex simulations - I have a couple from rival companies (although not the most complex) and I agree that, to this day some of them still have small bugs and idosycracies!

I find the AXE a pretty complete package given the limited time it has been out and the team are obviously working hard (whatever ppl may say) to perfect the product before it is boxed.

As an amateur, I love the way I can turn on or off the Co-pilot mid-checklist if I am stuck on something then watch which switch she flicks or action she performs to get me going again!

Now I have never sat in the cockpit of an A320 but the soundset makes me feel like I am really there!

I must admit to spending a fair amount of time sat at the gate reading and re-reading manuals but ultimately this will make me more proficient.

On the whole I find the attitude of the developers is one of wishing to help (I have read a great number of posts and I must be honest, some comments would test the patience of a saint!!)

In terms of what I have paid, and what I have got for my money - the checklists, the RAAS, the ability to export your flght to Google earth and probably other things I have yet to discover - I think it is great value for money and the ongoing support and devolopment means it will get better rather than worse, so Thank You to all at Aerosoft.

With Kind Regards

Dave W

Tonight I did EHAM to EGLL.

Look at the touchdown rate ;-)

The better you fly on the numbers and when taking care of the landingphase (QNH etc.) the better your landings will be!

Flight number: BA441

Network: VATSIM

Departure: EHAM

Destination: EGLL

Alternate: EGGW

Distance: 259 nm

Touch rate: -17 fpm

Flight time: 01:19:00

Flightplan:

GORLO UL980 XAMAN L980 LOGAN

Isn't it an idea to make a section in this forum where we can share our experiences with the airbus.

I mean, how we fly it, how we plan things and what happens during the flights.

Can be very entertaining and maybe many lessons can be learned that way ;-)

Greetings,

Hans Wildschut

You took the words right out of my mouth!!! I don't see any reason why we cannot devote a forum to AXE techniques. Anyone here who read Captain Dave's blog (Flight Level 390) knows that the Airbus is a living creature, she is open to different methods of doing things. In fact, I've just seen two COMPLETELY different ways to land the thing today... Who would've thought? Such is the nature of a fly-by-wire system done correctly.

I see no reason why Aerosoft cannot have an Airbus X Extended technique forum? It could be a very easy way to break up the monotony of the MY PLANE IZNT WORKNGGGGGG!!!! posts, the wingflex discussions, and the textbook-length rants on the way things should be done.

As has been repeated ad nauseum, there are a lot of people who are not complaining about the plane, how about we give them a place to share thoughts? At the very least, it gives the customer a place to go and get answers to things that need not be addressed in a hotfix. Is there a problem? Chances are, there is someone else who has overcome the problem.

Chad

Finally,

this is not target to anyone specifically but its targeted at all customers who have shown disrespect to support staff/developers alike.

Regardless of whether you are a customer or not, remember that you and I are human. If you don't have the basic respect of respecting people and their opinions and being so full of yourself just because you are a customer, then you really should not be here. Its disgusting. Just because you have rights as a customer, that does not mean you are on a higher status. I think its time that not only customers (but anyone using the forum including me) reflect on manners and how we respond to people.

On a side note, this will be one of my last few commercial projects. I will never want to deal with this kind of projects again because customers have gotten too demanding. Its clear that basic etiquette which exist in forums 5 years ago is no longer here.

I can only agree with Joshua..

During the last couple of years the behaviour in various forums has become very aggressive and unfriendly.

As a developer it´s not very motivating to be bashed for all kinds of stuff.

Most of us are doing this in our sparetime sacrificing family time.

I expect to get negative critics wheresuxh critics are deserved, but I feel that many uses these forums to get rid of other frustrations in their lifes or they ae youngster who not have learned how to behave yet.

I have been a develper fo serveral years now, but for each release I have hed, it´s becomming less and less rewarding.

I don´t think this hobby will die due to the lack of a new FS version, but rather because developers will fled.

Finn

An idea, discuss this internally rather on this forum.....

Or make an topic called, What Developers Think....

Well, lets be frank here, obviously this has been debated internally before. But if there's no action needed from the customers, we wont be posting here. Obviously, this is to give customers an insight instead of just complaining and demanding.

We might just do what you say.... (on the what developers think)

Why discuss this internally when the problem really is externally.

As developers we can quickly com to this conclusion, but it´s up to the community to act.

This is not meant as t threat nor as a sour blurb, it´s just what´s going on among the FS community and developers.

Prices for addons has hardly changed the last few years, but customer expectations has rather exploded.

But You are right, these thoughts should beter be moved to a topic called "What developers think".

Finn

As a customer of Aerosoft,although not the AXE currently, I do feel for the developers. I think that some of the "demands" and unreasonable expectations from some customers on this and the forums of other well known products would lead most reasonable people to think "why do I bother...?". I am not a developer but I dont imagine the rewards for such work are immense - particulary when you factor in the 24-hour on-call service that we all seem to expect.

I do think that this culture of "I want it, I want it perfect and I want it NOW" is maybe is a "sign of the times",especially amongst some younger customers.

Lets all be nice to other folks - civility costs nothing and, as Joshua said, "we are all human beings". Therefore we all have feelings.

Thank you

Yes to the above - but:

If you don't have the basic respect of respecting people and their opinions and being so full of yourself just because you are a customer, then you really should not be here. Its disgusting.

Sorry, but I've got to be frank here. This kind of tone and attitude - prevalent not only in this thread, but in the whole forum - is totally unacceptable. This isn't some freeware forum or a farmer's market, this is supposed to be a professional environment. You guys are dealing with paying customers. That has implications for the way you talk to them, and yes, it implies a certain politeness and patience even if the customer happens to be wrong.

I feel somewhat sympathetic with you, Joshua, because I would probably react in the same way as you, but this is why I don't work in customer service. If you're a doctor you've got to wash your hands, if you're a pilot you abstain from alcohol the night before a flight, and if you provide product support you treat the customer - every customer - with respect, otherwise you're not doing your job.

UGM-133 Trident has taken the trouble to type out a long and well-stated post on this issue, one that you would all do well to take on board, yet unfortunately you seem to completely dismiss it. As to assembling a - seemingly exhaustive? - list of all positive statements about the product - where's the sense in that? I can draw up a list of negative statements as well. It's all about context; if you snip out only what you like, the result is not going to be particularly meaningful.

So if you ask "what customers think" - while the product is by and large okay, the treatment of customers in this forum is not what I've come to expect from Aerosoft. And that's what I'm currently pointing out to potential buyers. Don't fool yourself, people have taken note of what's happening in this (and the German-language) forum, and the picture isn't pretty.

Here's hoping you'll reconsider your attitude. Best greetings!

ToD will always be an open issues as we just do not have all the information on the winds below you. Certainly with some weather add-ons the expected wind is just not as expected. This is of course also true in the real aircraft, but there winds are more reliable.

If you create a flightplan through the addon ActiveSky2012 it calculates the top of climb and descent based on the weather, speed etc. It's pretty useful!

Archived