What customers think

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy New Year to all of you!

Yesterday evening (yes old years eve) and this morning I did another batch of flights, mostly on the same routes. Three from Heathrow to Amsterdam and back and this morning from Zurich to Heathrow. My experience is that flying this Airbus is dangerous addictive! The more flights you make on the same routes the more familiar you get with all the circomstances and that contributes a great deal to the quality of the flying. You know what to expect and that is exact what is happening in the real world with route-training and airport-familiarisation. I now manage to put the bird down with 100 fps and even one time 84 fps..

The next phase is to become more precise with fuel-management but I am sure that will come.

Tonight another almost flawless flight from EGLL to EDDM rwy26right.

Touchdown with only 48 fps.

This Bus rocks! It is really possible to fly it without problems.

Greetings,

Hans

So you want to know, what customers think... Well, just one world Disapointed ! or exactly three words, very very disapointed. By the bus first, and by Aerosoft too !

We were all waiting for this bus and I think you used it, christmas time and competitor compagny to get as much as money as possible. This plane is just a toy and an "all possible bugs" dictionnary... Just wonder know what beta testers did during all this time.

Checklists are interesting but I thing they are here just to try to hide the gaps of this product ! Absolutely no interest on it, it's hard to say but Wilco one was 10 times better ! Install it, fly it for a dozen hours and remove it as the competitor one, even in v0.6 is 1000 times better !

Secondly, I'm really disapointed by M. KOK with his post for videos. Wants us to send what we find and promish free product (it is not the less of free product that hurt me but the promish he made and not realise).

By the way, I think Aerosoft become a promishing business, just thinking about money without taking care of their customers. Really sad as I thought it was a different compagny, where pleasure was the king. We have all to wake up, now it is a compagny that want to make money.

Really sad...

Really sad...

Hmmm, well I took a look at your posts. You have asked for support only once, which I responded to over a week ago and have not heard back from you. You can find that topic here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/60974-airbus-x-extended-connect/

If you are having more issues, you should post about them and participate so we can help you. There are some bugs, as there is no such thing as a bug free release. Also, Mathijs explained these before release. The release itself did not bring about many shockers in terms of bugs, in other words I would probably say 95% or greater are things we knew about, or are system specific issues that are the result of the users setup/hardware/software, and not of the Extended. Also, if you'll notice, there has already been three hotfixes released, and a service pack planned as well, and the Extended hasn't been released barely a month. Also, we have all been on these forums pretty much 24/7 providing support, let alone those providing e-mail support. I'd say all of that adds up to a pretty active support network.

As for both the testers and developers, and what we were doing, the same applies. Pretty much 24/7 testing and developing with over 1000 revolutions before releasing. We've seen more bugs then you could probably conceive of, let alone put in a dictionary, and we also got to see them fixed. We've done hundreds of hours, each of us, in testing this product, and further hundreds of hours submitting bug reports and doing research, discussing things with all the RW A320 and Airbus pilots (and one Boeing pilot) we have, so we know what we are talking about and know what is to be fixed and how. This stretched for months, almost like a second or third job to some. While it is fun, it is also a responsibility and everyone on the team treated as such in my opinion.

For the video thread, Mathijs is currently on a well deserved and much earned vacation. He stated he will work on it, and I'm sure he will when he gets back. All it takes is a little patience.

I'm sure he himself will come and respond to your post here, but for now, some peace needed to be said. If you have issues, questions, or think you have found a bug, participate and seek support. That's why we are here.

Hmmm, well I took a look at your posts. You have asked for support only once, which I responded to over a week ago and have not heard back from you. You can find that topic here: http://forum.aerosof...tended-connect/

If you are having more issues, you should post about them and participate so we can help you. There are some bugs, as there is no such thing as a bug free release. Also, Mathijs explained these before release. The release itself did not bring about many shockers in terms of bugs, in other words I would probably say 95% or greater are things we knew about, or are system specific issues that are the result of the users setup/hardware/software, and not of the Extended. Also, if you'll notice, there has already been three hotfixes released, and a service pack planned as well, and the Extended hasn't been released barely a month. Also, we have all been on these forums pretty much 24/7 providing support, let alone those providing e-mail support. I'd say all of that adds up to a pretty active support network.

As for both the testers and developers, and what we were doing, the same applies. Pretty much 24/7 testing and developing with over 1000 revolutions before releasing. We've seen more bugs then you could probably conceive of, let alone put in a dictionary, and we also got to see them fixed. We've done hundreds of hours, each of us, in testing this product, and further hundreds of hours submitting bug reports and doing research, discussing things with all the RW A320 and Airbus pilots (and one Boeing pilot) we have, so we know what we are talking about and know what is to be fixed and how. This stretched for months, almost like a second or third job to some. While it is fun, it is also a responsibility and everyone on the team treated as such in my opinion.

For the video thread, Mathijs is currently on a well deserved and much earned vacation. He stated he will work on it, and I'm sure he will when he gets back. All it takes is a little patience.

I'm sure he himself will come and respond to your post here, but for now, some peace needed to be said. If you have issues, questions, or think you have found a bug, participate and seek support. That's why we are here.

Well, i will try to answer with quite "peace" as you said it is needed. I can't be ok with you when you said that the fact there was 3 hotfixes released and a SP scheduled is a great news. That just confirm what I said. This product was not ready and was launch not because it was ready but just because it was time to get the more money as possible.

Secondly, you said that if we find bugs, we just have to tell you and they will be fixed. Hey, guys wake up ! we are customers not beta testers !

You also told me that Mathij is actually having vacations. No matter with that, but I've got a matter with a post he wrote few days before the end of december telling "I will check tomorrow". Was it not be more correct to tell us "I will have vacations for few days, will see that when come back" ?

I cannot say that this product is not good. What I just want to say is that this product is a low middle range aircraft and was announced more promishing that it is. Yes, the model is beautiful, yes the vc is quite good, but the airplane flight model and systems are very poor. Just have a place beetween the defaut fsx airbus and the wilco one. It is really really far from add-ons like Blackbox simulation, pmdg and, anothers like wilco one.

Your product could be good but actually, I think it represent a maximum of 50% of what I'm waiting from an add-on, especially for an aerosoft one.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Lets analise the bird in "Airbus" terms, and then Other aspects related to the model.

Prefilght: Almost perfect. Only some issues around charging SIDS with duplicate fixes and not interpreting correctly the SID information (I use Navigraph).

All the checklist and other stuff is NICE.

Taxiing. Perfect

Take off: Almost perfect. Some issues with your co.pilol retracting flaps too soon and, perhaps, a proper trimming of the elevator could help this.

Climbing. Almost perfect.

Cruising: Almost perfect. Some issues around Direct To (not happened to me) and strange behaviours sometimes with the AP and tracks.

Descent: Buggy. The worst part of the whole thing. Problems with TOD, descent path, the magenta ball, constraints and too much preeminence of the "keep the exact speed"

Approach: The same. Is a matter of luck. Sometimes, perfect, but sometimes gives you a bad surprise.

Landing: Perfect

Sounds. Perfect. Only some tweaks to adapt them to a desired environment, but considering them isolated, very good.

External model: Perfect. Very Nice. And the work of Holgi, outstanding. A lot of liveries avaliable in a record time.

Cockpit. Good. Could be better, but good enough.

FPS: Very good for a VERY sophisticated model in a buggy environment.

After sales and customer service: Very good so far. Hotfixes and new version fast enough to keep the market and customers partially calmed Some more Beta test in advance should have been better, but once delivered, the response has been good.

Summary: a 6,5 TODAY, but potentially, a 9, because all the issues are not so "misterious" or "strange" to have the devs completely lost about "whats is going on".

So, dear team, you have the bus. Is reachable, and I have no doubt you are going to achieve. The worst of the developing process has gone. Just a little effort and you will have not only a best seller, but a legend. The first serious Airbus after 6 years...

Jon

• Deputy Sheriffs

Wow !! what a great list of perfects !! I can't believe what peoples says... Have you ever try another airbus add-on (likes black one for exemple), Have you ever talk with real Airbus pilot ? This product is for beginners, it is not a hard core add-on, nothing about that in this bus.

Ok Sir. Keep stuck to your add-ons and do not upset me.

Is my opinion. If you do not like, is your right.

If you accept an advice, ask for a refund and forget me and this forum. I have a clear idea of what I want and how to achieve it. Crying is not my style.

Regards

Secondly, you said that if we find bugs, we just have to tell you and they will be fixed. Hey, guys wake up ! we are customers not beta testers !

That is not what I said. I said if you think you have found a bug. You are not beta testers, and I never said you were, and no one expects you to be. We aren't assigning you any tasks. If you come here thinking you found something wrong, we'll take a look at it, and support you in fixing it, in the sense that like I said, almost always it is not an issue with the Extended and turns out to be an issue of the users system/hardware/software or just how they use it, or, if it truly is a bug, we almost always already know about it. If we don't, then it's a good thing, because then we can know more and be able to help any others with that problem. This usually stems from the plethora of possible system configurations out there. No two systems are alike. We have a very large and very diverse testing team, but even with that you can't cover everything. So, there will always be that 5% or so we don't know about, but, once we do know about it, we can help, troubleshoot, and fix. Every release has this same thing, no matter what company or product.

No one is trying to swindle you out of your money.

I am really enjoying the bus, but please can someone tell me when the autopilot 'abrupt pitch issue' will be fixed? I made a thread in the Autoflight section, but not receiving responses... Other than this minor issue I am finding the AXE a joy to fly. Can't wait for descent path integration ^_^

Regards,

Hello,

I'm still very happy of this plane!

Yes, it is not perfect... Why? Because all systems are not included... But why? Because it's not the goal of Aerosoft with this plane.

All people who want of this plane all the systems of PMDG Ngx HAVE NOT understand the thinking of Aerosoft...

You will probably never have the fire system test, or the yellow curtain or ventilation system... Because it's not simulate in FS or it's totally unnecessary... they are just a big eater of framerates

It's a wonderful plane, and i'm very satisfied of this plane. I don't regret to have buy this product. And wait anxiously the SP to correct the last problems...

Enjoy & fly!

Best regards.

Paul.

I'm sorry, but why are you writing this? No one mentioned fire test, or things like that. The airbus is not perfect because even what's included doesn't work.

As it's not passed even a month from release, I'm still confident.... :boohoo_s:

Why he's writing this? Because this thread is about the customers opinion. This is his opinion and he can state it.

If you have a different one that's ok for us, but do not critizise another one's opinion please. Everyone is free to think everything and if he likes the Airbus the it's fine. As well as it is that you don't.

Ok, I understood he fall in love with AXE. But he's referring to some misterious people talking about fire tests and so on, of whom I didn't find any evidence. That's it

They were there in the preview forums, but now let that really be it on this topic.

Evidence should be somewhere in here http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/58780-airbus-x-extended-preview-topic-closed-product-released/

They were there in the preview forums, but now let that really be it on this topic.

Evidence should be somewhere in here http://forum.aerosof...oduct-released/

Yes i saw that in this preview forum and i could say a lot of different things like RAM air turbine, ...

And i understood the Aerosoft thinking in this Mathijs interview...

http://forum.avsim.n...ended-with-r952

I read all and understood a lot of things...

And as Mathjis would say:

if something is never used in the real aircraft, not even in millions of hours flying, what role does it have in a $50 add-on?

So for me, this plane is quiet perfect... And when we can't have a big computer, the framerates are better than NGX...

Secondly, I'm really disapointed by M. KOK with his post for videos. Wants us to send what we find and promish free product (it is not the less of free product that hurt me but the promish he made and not realise).

You also told me that Mathij is actually having vacations. No matter with that, but I've got a matter with a post he wrote few days before the end of december telling "I will check tomorrow". Was it not be more correct to tell us "I will have vacations for few days, will see that when come back" ?

You are in what all honesty we call the shark customer. Let me put it this way. He promised free products, he never said when - no deadline. In other words, he haven't broken his promise. I have now locked the Videos thread. All thanks to you!

Yeah you will get you free products when Mathijs is back. But one thing is clear. You missed the main goal - sharing videos to share the enjoyment NOT FOR PERSONAL GAINS.

Lol i actually dun mind whether free or not.But really want get it, i got increase videos too? :P haha so why not? Anyway its FREE if u get it then good :) if dun just forget it.Its not like u comfirm will get it right?

And its really kind of mathijs that offer this type of free product,u just had to go youtube and search Airbus ext Bloom copy paste done! U have a free product.

Just chill guys,its free just wait mb we will get it 1 day.

Now most important is to fix the airbus ext i DUN CARE any product just the airbus ext fixes is enough for me :)

Happy new year and enjoy this year:) New year new start!

Regards

Iamniceify

Well, i will try to answer with quite "peace" as you said it is needed. I can't be ok with you when you said that the fact there was 3 hotfixes released and a SP scheduled is a great news. That just confirm what I said. This product was not ready and was launch not because it was ready but just because it was time to get the more money as possible.

I cannot say that this product is not good. What I just want to say is that this product is a low middle range aircraft and was announced more promishing that it is. Yes, the model is beautiful, yes the vc is quite good, but the airplane flight model and systems are very poor. Just have a place beetween the defaut fsx airbus and the wilco one. It is really really far from add-ons like Blackbox simulation, pmdg and, anothers like wilco one.

Your product could be good but actually, I think it represent a maximum of 50% of what I'm waiting from an add-on, especially for an aerosoft one.

firstly is we as a costomer rush them,majority! So we have the product now and u all start complaining.Give time man.>< new year give them rest abit !

TMassieux, enjoy flying your Wilco!!

I am quite happy with the Aerosoft airbus after flying the 737 for so long. At first it was a difficult transition to get used to the computerized system but with practice in a matter of a week I have been quite good at flying and using the MCDU.

The only snag is the descent issues which are being addressed and a couple of navigation and checklist ticks.

hello to all forum members.

I would like to say just a few words in regard to the excellent work done by Aerosoft

be from 3 days that flight to test the new a320

and I can assure you, and a fantastic plane and some still to be developed

it takes days or even months but I only say one thing you have done a great job

I have look on the Videos about Airbus X Extended View Systems, and I wonder how it is possible to change from the CO/Pilot and back to the pedestal and got more wiev in the Cockpit.

Good morning,

as I mentioned before, the plane really is a beauty. I'd have rated it from the release as a 7,5, and I still do it today. The comparison to the Wilcobusses really made me laugh... it was a joke, right? The Wilco 737 and the Embraer might be good products, but the release of the AXE showed me that Wilco Evo 1. and 2. are nice but anything than an Airbus! There is no such thing as a FBW and when disengaging AP these Birds behave like a horse beeing smaked on its back...

And to BBS all I say is just compare the prices and their policy which just reminds me waaaay to much of the Airsimmer drama!

Back to topic:

What I still don't like is your paintkit solution. I just moved my posted content here because it is just too much into details and not important here.

Regards,

Max

I'll stay with my opinion - the best FSX Airbus product at this moment.

There are bugs and calculation errors (I posted some in SP1 thread) but if you flew the first NGX version you would understand that every software has them, and gets better as flaws are solved.

Descent: Buggy. The worst part of the whole thing. Problems with TOD, descent path, the magenta ball, constraints and too much preeminence of the "keep the exact speed"

Agree totally, and great post! :excellenttext_s:

Archived