What customers think

UM!

After researching various airbus simulations and purchasing this product i have some observations.

Enjoy the product overall, but dont expect to be told that things included in the product aren't supported

Link: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/62534-possible-installer-issue-v102/

Very disappointing when being constructive and trying to help!

Regards

Si

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very disappointing when being constructive and trying to help!

Sorry but not exactly constructive. All you did was to mention a unsupported thing. It was not even in the feature list!

Dear Simmers,, yes it´s a very good development with some bugs but other addons have often similar failures. so we should be patient for a while.

Thanks

Volker

Simmers need to get some perspective. With every release now the expectation is something akin to a full Level-D sim - I even think some will play around and go tell their friends they are type rated! This aircraft is outstanding at the level it is aimed at - yes, there is some fine tuning of things like LNAV/VNAV/ND and I am sure that the team will achieve this. It was laid out crystal clear before release the level that it was aimed at, so no one can claim they have been misled.

It was aimed at the "medium" market and I believe that has essentially been achieved, aside from the aforementioned fine tuning. I have the "other" one currently going around, and I will no doubt buy the "other" other one that is due out some time this decade. For now, this is the best AIrbus available, and I think despite its warts that is rightly so.

Disagree if you wish!

Sorry but not exactly constructive. All you did was to mention a unsupported thing. It was not even in the feature list!

Sorry but i was being constructive, i asked a simple question and was told it was unsupported. If it was just a place holder as you stated and not on the feature list, then why go to the trouble of producing fully in german, instead of just one word " unsupported". Do the wheels rotate yes! Is this mentioned on feature list No! I didn,t have a problem if the checklists were unsupported i just asked! No need to shoot customers down after all without us you would be unemployed, you would do well to remember that!

Sorry but i was being constructive, i asked a simple question and was told it was unsupported. If it was just a place holder as you stated and not on the feature list, then why go to the trouble of producing fully in german, instead of just one word " unsupported". Do the wheels rotate yes! Is this mentioned on feature list No! I didn,t have a problem if the checklists were unsupported i just asked! No need to shoot customers down after all without us you would be unemployed, you would do well to remember that!

No one shot you down. I'm not really sure why you are so up in arms right now, because we aren't. You asked a simple question that in fact has a simple answer, it's not supported and the German one was done because it was done. That's it, end of story, not much to it. Please take a step back and look at the big picture here, no one is out to get you.

Doing manuals in different languages is easy - theoretically You could simply use Google translate. But if we had to make different Airbus versions with English, German, French, Serbokroatian, Chinese or Swahili, then we better not had added that feature.

By the way - aviation language is English. You don´t need a first degree in English to understand, but all the cockpit labels are also in English.

And just to emphasize - most of us would not become unemployed because non-english people wouldn't buy - not even if no one would buy.

Note that only very few people, like Mathijs makes their living on FSX stuff, not just at Aerosoft, but in the entire FS industry, if a such can be said to exist.

Most people have a daytime job and act as developers and testers in their sparetime, trying to cooperate making addons that pleases the rest of the FS community. Many of those only get what can be considered a symbolic payment in regards to the time they spend.

Most support staff in here are Airbus betatesters. They get a few freebies for their effort, and that effort counts 100th of hours running the same tests over and over again.

They now volunteert to help giving support in an attempt to help fellow flightsimmers get the most out of the Airbus X Extended - so better show them some kudos and respect for that.

They worked very hard to get where we are now and are still running at full steam to make it even better.

Without guys like them, this hobby would have been dead for a long time ago.

The pool of developers is getting smaller and smaller.

With the highly increased complexiness of newer addons many developers simply cannot find the time to make new addons.

If at the same time the community only can come up with negative feedback and harsh words, then the last motivation evapourates.

This hobby is not going to die because no new MS Flight Simulator will be developed, this hobby will simply die because no one can stand up to the ever increasing customer demands.

You still demand product that shouldn´t cost more than 50 euro, but expect ever increasing features and realism.

For 10 years ago I bought, what at that time was regarded as highend, addons at the cost of 20 euro, but compared to todays average addon only where 1/4 as complex.

Note that when You double the complexines You rather quadrodouble the developementtime, thus increasing the possible number of bugs with the same amount.

I wonder why we constantly need to defend our deeds.

Just my humble words for these matters.....

Finn

After a new release there will always be a lot of questions, reports and posts. For some people that creates the incorrect impression there are problems and people on the whole are not happy. That's just not true. Here is a short collection of comments I gathered in 15 minutes (with just the keyword 'great' in the general forum). There are many many more. :

“Thanks for this great product”

“The checklist/co-pilot feature is impressive indeed”

“I just wanted to thank the dev team for their commitment and all the good work they did with the Airbus Extended.”

“I just wanted to say "Thank You!" for an outstanding product.”

“great work on the airbus.”

“In my opinion all I can say is wow”

“I've have so much enjoyed the best Airbus ever made for flight simulator.”

“Congratulations Aerosoft”

“1 happy buyer here”

“I have to tell you that this AirbusX Extended is absolutely awesome”

“This is absolutely a first rate A320 simulation.”

“thank you for the Airbus X, you have done something great with this checklist and copilot. Now even greater pleasure of flying.”

“Just finished my first flight, the tutorial, and it's a lot of fun, well done”

“Just wanted to thank aerosoft team, specially Mathijs and his team for this wonderful product.”

“It's not just a great aircraft it's a whole package deal. Fabulous value for money”

“Thanks for making a great product!”

“All right..Another Happy customer/Simmer here.”

“Thankyou very much enjoying learning the bus very much”

“you have developed a great product and also the documentation offers very good information although”

“Congratulations Aerosoft, this one is a winner.”

“Good job putting this together”

“I would like to congratulate you guys on this awesome airplane! Myself and buddies had a blast tonight discovering the new features...we are all impressed”

“Love the new Airbus best Addon Airbus, make that Aircraft i have ever purchased”

“Thank you for great product!”

“Great job really glad to have such a good Airbus!!”

“Great AB by the way, a real joy (warts and all) to fly....”

“it's a joy to fly!”

“Best. Bus. Ever.”

“I am very happy with the a/c. Nice work you've done. The feeling of the aircraft is amazing”

“It is a fantastic product”

“Indeed that is a great product”

“Totally agree, best Airbus ever released for FS so far, and comes with some fantastic features, such as the F/O / Checklists.”

“fantastic poroduct”

“I also want to say thanks to the team for this great aircraft”

“Need to read more of the manual,but very happy with the product.”

“Big thanks to the team of developers, beta testers, translators, for their great work, sleepless nights, was released a truly professional and a phenomenal product”

“I am still impressed - nothing comes close!”

“an outstanding job completing an amazing "Bus". What a great product!”

“I really enjoy this Airbus”

Please note that we are working hard on the issues that only happen on some systems but that the simple fact these issues are isolated and do not happen on thousands upon thousands of other systems make in inherently difficult to solve.

I can say: Yes, Airbus X Extended is a great plane! And will become better with Hotfixes and SPs!

Guest Gunju221

So I say my opinion about the airplane, and you guys delete my post.

Why don't you guys learn to take criticism. I'm sure you will delete this post as well!

So I say my opinion about the airplane, and you guys delete my post.

Why don't you guys learn to take criticism. I'm sure you will delete this post as well!

I can't find the post you are referring to, but probably because of how it was worded. As you can see there is quite a bit of criticism here and throughout the forum, all of which we read and if it is constructive, polite, and true, then no matter how bad it is it will stay.

I actually think that the Aerosoft forum is one of the most open forums, where people are allowed to be critical against Aerosoft products without being censurised.

I could list quite a few very well known forums where most of the critical posts woul be deleted right away.

But offcourse there are limits for what we will allow people to post and in what tone it´s done.

If You ask with a polite attitude You can rest assure that You will get as much help as we can give, but being rude, sarcastic and unpolite does not motivate us to give You proper help.

Finn

Sorry but i was being constructive.

Ahh right.

i asked a simple question and was told it was unsupported. If it was just a place holder as you stated and not on the feature list, then why go to the trouble of producing fully in german, instead of just one word " unsupported".

Simple. Its copied from the default A321.

without us you would be unemployed, you would do well to remember that!

Perhaps. but this is not my main job. I dont earn a living from here, so should I be unkind to customers and release buggy software?

Ridiculous really.

I like how section Right MCDU / Checklist / Web interface is handled, well organized and up-to-date, also is clear what the next hot fix will contains and which is fixed/not fixed. It would be nice to be done this for all sections, after first hotfix, for 1.02c was not kept the same approach, was less transparent.

Ahh right.

Simple. Its copied from the default A321.

Great at last an answer! If you had said originally that we just included Microsoft's original files from the German language version of fsx to keep the file

structure and it wasn't a installer error that would have a wholly acceptable response. As I said I like the product and thought i was helping bringing a possible installer error to light!

Perhaps. but this is not my main job. I dont earn a living from here, so should I be unkind to customers and release buggy software?

Ridiculous really.

I was referring more to attitude than than rather than bugs as theese are a fact of life. May be its an mix in languages but you should know that by responding "Ehh They are simply included because as a placeholder." The "Ehh" can be seen to be referring to someone as stupid in the english language when answering a question. Lets leave it there!

I can go along with with most of these comments.

At first, I was reluctant to buy it but after the first comments and hotfixes I did so.

Even though I practically had no time to thoroughly test it due to real life commitments, I squeezed every minute out of it. The second flight was online already.

Once I had figured out how to work the knobs, I really enjoyed the AXE. The transition from PSS and feelThere was seamless. I don't need to write comments warning ATC of possible erratic behaviour into my remarks anymore.

I especially like the view system, I find the right MCDU straightforward brilliant: the handling of ground services and all doors from there. After pushing throttle a bit for taxi you can just let it roll on idle as real planes do. I like the auto baro system (though, being new to FSX I don't really know whether this has to be attributed to Aerosoft of Microsoft) and I just LOVE the checklists even though a few things could be improved for the benefit of online pilots. I also think it was a brilliant idea to insert the RAAS and the crew voices from FSPassengers, I appreciate the cooperation with Turbine Sound Studios. That makes AEX really a standalone product that gives you everything you need for an enjoyable flight without any more addons.

Even though there are some little issues, especially regarding descent, I have to positively say: I never had a "drag required" yet, I never came into a stall situation, there are no more "dives of death" with -7000 ft/min or similar.

I heartily congratulate you on this wonderful aircraft. At last, it is possible that every virtual pilot my choose his true preference: Boeing or Airbus without having to step down in his expectations.

Kind regards,

Dennis

• Aerosoft

So you want to know, what customers think... Well, just one world Disapointed ! or exactly three words, very very disapointed. By the bus first, and by Aerosoft too !

We were all waiting for this bus and I think you used it, christmas time and competitor compagny to get as much as money as possible. This plane is just a toy and an "all possible bugs" dictionnary... Just wonder know what beta testers did during all this time.

Checklists are interesting but I thing they are here just to try to hide the gaps of this product ! Absolutely no interest on it, it's hard to say but Wilco one was 10 times better ! Install it, fly it for a dozen hours and remove it as the competitor one, even in v0.6 is 1000 times better !

Secondly, I'm really disapointed by M. KOK with his post for videos. Wants us to send what we find and promish free product (it is not the less of free product that hurt me but the promish he made and not realise).

By the way, I think Aerosoft become a promishing business, just thinking about money without taking care of their customers. Really sad as I thought it was a different compagny, where pleasure was the king. We have all to wake up, now it is a compagny that want to make money.

Really sad...

I am sorry about the promise that was not kept, I thought it was handed over when I left for my vacation but clearly something went wrong. However as you think it is a very bad product and others are 10 or even 1000 times better, I am so amazed you went through all the problems of making videos just for a free product. It must have been hell!

LOL.

Heres mine.

Kinda agree abit about the free product,but i din made videos just for this LOL.

The bus is okok for me,din fly be4 wilco tho,but i know the cockpit of wilco is not that nice.

the VC is not as friendly as it stated LOL sometimes 25fps then 30 then 45.Ground is always 25~35fps.(about the same in pmdg 737ngx)

Support was great.

Overall good but i believe still can improve :) Still waiting for the vnav decent,really want that to work properly

• Aerosoft

So let's capitulate, we got a few people here who have issue (bug, problems) but I think the positive comments outweigh them by a factor of 100.

“I just wanted to thank the dev team for their commitment and all the good work they did with the Airbus Extended.”

“1 happy buyer here”

“thank you for the Airbus X, you have done something great with this checklist and copilot. Now even greater pleasure of flying.”

“Just wanted to thank aerosoft team, specially Mathijs and his team for this wonderful product.”

“It's not just a great aircraft it's a whole package deal. Fabulous value for money”

“you have developed a great product and also the documentation offers very good information although”

“I would like to congratulate you guys on this awesome airplane! Myself and buddies had a blast tonight discovering the new features...we are all impressed”

“Love the new Airbus best Addon Airbus, make that Aircraft i have ever purchased”

“it's a joy to fly!”

“Best. Bus. Ever.”

“I am very happy with the a/c. Nice work you've done. The feeling of the aircraft is amazing”

“Totally agree, best Airbus ever released for FS so far, and comes with some fantastic features, such as the F/O / Checklists.”

“fantastic poroduct”

“Big thanks to the team of developers, beta testers, translators, for their great work, sleepless nights, was released a truly professional and a phenomenal product”

“Merry Christmas and thank you for this product.”

“a swiss FO tested the bus yesterday with me, he said Holdings are great, 100% realistic, and better then PMDG”

“I would like to thank all the Team to create so far the best A320 simulation ever on FS.”

“fully enjoying this wonderful new toy”

“by far the most comprehensive (working) add-on for the Airbus A320 that has ever come to market”

“You've done a spectacular job”

“extend my appreciation for Aerosoft for such a beautiful plane with a product is close to perfect and amazing graphics”

“Can't stop myself From flying it....Stability, Systems, Coplitot, Checklist, Graphics, FPS Friendly”

“I can say: Yes, Airbus X Extended is a great plane”

“thank you for having promised us a great aircraft and indeed we were given a great aircraft.”

“what a machine!”

“Congrats to you and your team on a remarkable product- the Airbus we have all been waiting for.”

“With no doubt the best A320 simulation available and worth every penny.”

“One of the best releases of 2012, if not the best!”

“An excellent product with outstanding support;”

“I have only good words for this great plane”

“I'm quite happy, and thanks for an enjoyable product”

“This is the best. The visual model , Flight Dynamics , Fly by wire, and systesm aall great.”

“Fantastic addon for FSX. I 'm so impressed with the Aerosoft Airbus X-tended”

“Awesome payware aircraft add-on for FSX which is underpriced for such high quality and vast features.”

“This is the 2nd add-on for FSX and P3D that I could never live without.”

“Thank you for the great product”

“Congratulations on a great product!I love to fly it! The best A320 simulation ever released….”

“it is real a wonderfull plane”

“this has now become my #1 payware aircraft.”

“The airbus x extended has now become my number 1 payware aircraft”

“Completely agree. Its by far the best A32X simulation ever released.”

“Congratulations on a great product!I love to fly it! The best A320 simulation ever released”

“it's the best Airbus simulation available”

“Awesome plane, great job guys, your hard work definitely show in delivering this great quality airbus”

“But with new A320 X Extended the level grow up to much , it´s a great job for a nice price”

“Thank you for finally providing us with a decent Airbus.”

“The aircraft is acting like a charm”

“a really brilliant product, very polished”

“the thing you made so far, is simply... amazing!”

“I've not flown the NGX since this was released!”

“10 out of 10”

“I love the new Airbus Extended”

“love the bus”

“You've made a great simulation of the a320”

“Congrats to all of the team for releasing an outstanding Airbus”

“it's very nice product”

“Superb and outstanding bus”

“The Extended is a winner”

“Airbus X extendend is great, I really like it.”

“Truth is she's a lovely aircraft to fly”

“I love the plane so far”

“The "Bus" we were waiting for at last”

“GREAT BUS so far!”

“I'm loving the Extended”

“I really love to fly this bird”

“This product is really good”

“You are doing a great work”

“Aerosoft thank you again for bringing us the Airbus that we have been craving for many years”

“the Airbus itself is a beauty”

“For the first time in FSX I can feel an Airbus atmosphere throughout the whole flight, I'm so excited right now.”

“its an amazing piece of software”

“I love the AirbusX Extended”

“the Airbus Extended is now my favourite payware aircraft.”

“I'd say this is really a beautiful bird to fly”

“My conclusion is that this Airbus is a very great add on and a pleasure to fly”

“I'm absolutely LOVING this bus”

“Just completed my 10th flight and it was flawless, right down to the -178 fpm autoland. This aircraft is addictive!”

“This is the most advanced add-on to FSX up to date. I just can't stop flying.”

“This Bus rocks! It is really possible to fly it without problems.”

“can say: Yes, Airbus X Extended is a great plane!”

“I am really enjoying the plane....it offers a great deal of immersion for me compared to other add-ons”

So let's capitulate, we got a few people here who have issue (bug, problems) but I think the positive comments outweigh them by a factor of 100.

“1 happy buyer here”

“it's a joy to fly!”

“Best. Bus. Ever.”

“fantastic poroduct”

“Merry Christmas and thank you for this product.”

“a swiss FO tested the bus yesterday with me, he said Holdings are great, 100% realistic, and better then PMDG”

“I would like to thank all the Team to create so far the best A320 simulation ever on FS.”

“fully enjoying this wonderful new toy”

“by far the most comprehensive (working) add-on for the Airbus A320 that has ever come to market”

“You've done a spectacular job”

“extend my appreciation for Aerosoft for such a beautiful plane with a product is close to perfect and amazing graphics”

“Can't stop myself From flying it....Stability, Systems, Coplitot, Checklist, Graphics, FPS Friendly”

“I can say: Yes, Airbus X Extended is a great plane”

“thank you for having promised us a great aircraft and indeed we were given a great aircraft.”

“what a machine!”

“Congrats to you and your team on a remarkable product- the Airbus we have all been waiting for.”

“With no doubt the best A320 simulation available and worth every penny.”

“One of the best releases of 2012, if not the best!”

“An excellent product with outstanding support;”

“I have only good words for this great plane”

“I'm quite happy, and thanks for an enjoyable product”

“This is the best. The visual model , Flight Dynamics , Fly by wire, and systesm aall great.”

“Fantastic addon for FSX. I 'm so impressed with the Aerosoft Airbus X-tended”

“Awesome payware aircraft add-on for FSX which is underpriced for such high quality and vast features.”

“This is the 2nd add-on for FSX and P3D that I could never live without.”

“Thank you for the great product”

“Congratulations on a great product!I love to fly it! The best A320 simulation ever released….”

“it is real a wonderfull plane”

“this has now become my #1 payware aircraft.”

“The airbus x extended has now become my number 1 payware aircraft”

“Completely agree. Its by far the best A32X simulation ever released.”

“Congratulations on a great product!I love to fly it! The best A320 simulation ever released”

“it's the best Airbus simulation available”

“Awesome plane, great job guys, your hard work definitely show in delivering this great quality airbus”

“But with new A320 X Extended the level grow up to much , it´s a great job for a nice price”

“Thank you for finally providing us with a decent Airbus.”

“The aircraft is acting like a charm”

“a really brilliant product, very polished”

“the thing you made so far, is simply... amazing!”

“I've not flown the NGX since this was released!”

“10 out of 10”

“I love the new Airbus Extended”

“love the bus”

“You've made a great simulation of the a320”

“Congrats to all of the team for releasing an outstanding Airbus”

“it's very nice product”

“Superb and outstanding bus”

“The Extended is a winner”

“Airbus X extendend is great, I really like it.”

“Truth is she's a lovely aircraft to fly”

“I love the plane so far”

“The "Bus" we were waiting for at last”

“GREAT BUS so far!”

“I'm loving the Extended”

“I really love to fly this bird”

“This product is really good”

“You are doing a great work”

“Aerosoft thank you again for bringing us the Airbus that we have been craving for many years”

“the Airbus itself is a beauty”

“For the first time in FSX I can feel an Airbus atmosphere throughout the whole flight, I'm so excited right now.”

“its an amazing piece of software”

“I love the AirbusX Extended”

“the Airbus Extended is now my favourite payware aircraft.”

“I'd say this is really a beautiful bird to fly”

“My conclusion is that this Airbus is a very great add on and a pleasure to fly”

“I'm absolutely LOVING this bus”

“Just completed my 10th flight and it was flawless, right down to the -178 fpm autoland. This aircraft is addictive!”

“This is the most advanced add-on to FSX up to date. I just can't stop flying.”

“This Bus rocks! It is really possible to fly it without problems.”

“can say: Yes, Airbus X Extended is a great plane!”

“I am really enjoying the plane....it offers a great deal of immersion for me compared to other add-ons”

Thank you Mr. Kok and Aerosoft Airbus team for the great product, the extremely good price and your patience with all those that instead of enjoying this real gem spend their life into finding hair sized bugs.

We're now only 3 weeks after the initial release and yet in that span we now have had 3 complete updates. This needs to be a real wake-up call for the Aerosoft staff! You simply cannot expect people to be willing to download a new 600MB file every two weeks, it's completely unacceptable!

This new 1.03 fix, which yes, I will be downloading today, should have been done as a hotfix. Instead, I'm having to uninstall the Airbus X and reinstall it for the third time in three weeks. I for one am completely sick of it, and I promise that this is the last time I will be doing so. I'm not saying the Aerosoft X Extended is a bad product - on the contrary, I think it's a huge step up from the Wilco and the Black Box offering, but there is a reason why people discuss A2A and PMDG in one way, and Aerosoft in another way, and that's because Aerosoft continues to suffer from quite a fair amount of mismanagement, and then sugarcoat it by saying that "well, the good outweighs the bad!" That doesn't matter, the goal here is to make the best product you can!

So far, since the NGX was released over a year ago, the only times I ever needed to download the full installer were when I originally purchased the product, and when I migrated to a new computer. The changes they've made over two service packs were far bigger than any of these minr updates, so please don't try and claim that these new installers are needed because "root files" are being changed. It's called a patch, look it up. Not releasing these things as patches, but instead neddlessly inconveniencing customers shows laziness and indifference (at best) to the customer, end of story. I have had to download a full installer for the Airbus X Extended three times in three weeks. Again, that's insane. It's unnecessary, it's disrespectful to the customers, and I demand an explanation!

Kindfuly Thank you mr. Kok

I love my AXE,but it would be better if it was more complex,

Anyway,it is a great bus but it's only one step behind PMDG 737,who will be passed by you guys here in Aerosoft

Regards

Aerosoft is far from the only company who bring updates as full installations, just look at Coolsky, Wilco, Flight1 etc...

The reason is that some of the fixes brings quite some major restructuring of the files.

If we had made the update as a "patch", I bet that quite a few customers woul get faulty installs, only causing bugs and disfunctional features that we as developers doesn´t stand a chance to correct.

Hands on heart...

It only takes acouple of minutes to install / re-install.

This is simply the fact of software developemet. If we could have brought You a fully functional and bugfree install from day one, we would have prefered that too. But Addons like the Airbus X Extended are simply too complex regardless how many betatesters we would have and how many hours they would test.

Some people are really not aware how complex the Airbus actually is.

On a Boeing 737 NG You have On/Off switches for the most part. Almost all warning and cautions are lights placed near the relevant switches. Flight and engine controls are directly linked, just like FSX works default.

In an Airbus 32x switches are most OFF/AUTO, this means that You need additional code with the logic for the Auto mode. Warnings and Cautions are monitored on the two ECAM screens that are alot more complex than the two EICAS screens in a Boeing, who hardly gives more info than oldstyle steamgauges will give. The ECAM gives You alot more information about electrical configuration, voltages and loads, Fuel system shows actual pump and valve positins, Hydraulic system too. Bledair gives both temperatures and pressures as well as valve positions etc. etc.. All this needs to be calculated, proced and drawn on the displays as well as calling up the relevant pages for the varios warnings and cautions.

Flight and engine controls are also a different matter. All these need to be detached from Your controls and be processed independantly - thats the FBW system. Unlike on a Boeing where the deflection of - let´s say - the ailerons are directly linked to the Yoke position, on an Airbus the aileron is moved very differently.

I could go on, but rather want to point You to compare the 737 Ng FCOM with that of the Airbus and I´m sure You will see how different thsy are also complexity wise.

As far as I remember the initial PMDG 737 NGX V1.00 was not without troubles either, but peole tend to forget rather fast.

"It's unnecessary, it's disrespectful to the customers, and I demand an explanation!"

1. It´s not unecessary, but if You know better than us how to develope addons, then please enlightne us.

2. It´s not disrespectfull, customers pledge us to release and even under pressure we posponed the release quite a deal. Not doing the hotfixes, updates or Service packs the way that ensures the highest probability of succes world rather be deemed disrespectfull.

3. We don´t need to explain nor defend every move or decision we make. We are the "owner" of this project and have been on top of it from day 1 - so we do exactly what we deem to be the best way of releasing and update it - simply because it´s our responsibility for those who paid this product.

And do note that some of the negative feelings in this forum is due to the fact that, even if these forums are property of Aerosoft, we very selvdom delete posts, just because they don´t act as advertisement for us. I know of quite a few, well known, development companies that simply deletes posts with no warning, simply because they point to the fact that not everything is working correctly, or done like the customers expected.

Finn

• Aerosoft

We're now only 3 weeks after the initial release and yet in that span we now have had 3 complete updates. This needs to be a real wake-up call for the Aerosoft staff! You simply cannot expect people to be willing to download a new 600MB file every two weeks, it's completely unacceptable!

I am sorry you find this problematic, we have had a few comments like yours, but only a handful. So it seems that we can expect people to download the full full actually and they disagree with your conclusion that is it 'completely unacceptable'. We normally avoid update files until we are ready for boxed distribution (at which stage we are now). We do this because updates are by definition more problematic then full builds, they cause about double as much support. It also ensures that we know what the current base is on all systems. I hope this satisfies your 'demand' for an explanation.

As said, as we are now preparing the boxed product we can move to smaller updates.

You know a simple question without all the big words and exclamation marks would have gotten you the same answer?

Archived