Mega Airport Helsinki X (product released, topic closed)

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, this is a scenery I'll buy the first day it's released for sure - stunning screenshots and can't wait to see the scenery 'live'!

Any chance you could tell us if we're days/weeks/months until release?

• Aerosoft

Really Really Amazing...

Just a question: Is it possible know something about framerate? What Aerosoft Airport is more similar to this?

No comparisons possible at this moment, but there are a lot of polygons and textures in this project and those will take cycles to display. The development team however is rather professional and we know they will do a good job of optimizing. So it will be fast per polygon for sure and that all we can ask for. When we get closer to RC status more comments can be made.

Guys, I've said this before and I'll say it again.

I am extremely happy with the frames, they're even better than in some of the other Mega Airports. You have to remember that the quality of the scenery is also extremely high, but the frames are still very acceptable. :)

Really Great Notices.

I've an AsRock P67 Fatal1ty professional, Intel i5 3,30 GHz, Geforce 560 Ti 2 Gb with 8 RAM, with this new configuration i can fly with NGX (my heaviest framerate aircraft) in all airports with framerates constant over 20 and more. I hope that I'll be able to fly to Helsinki Mega Airport, 'cause it's one of my favourite of all time (With USSS by Aerosoft I purchased!)

Thanks for your work!

That's how a modern FS airport should look like. I really like the enhanced draw distance of the blue edge lights and the center lights. The shadowing of the night textures is excellent, too. Gives the impression of real light sources, although FSX does not work that way.

• Aerosoft

That's how a modern FS airport should look like. I really like the enhanced draw distance of the blue edge lights and the center lights. The shadowing of the night textures is excellent, too. Gives the impression of real light sources, although FSX does not work that way.

You know, I think you make a very good point there. It's how FSX is evolving. It's 'modern'.

Up to a year ago almost all scenery was very technical because we were all learning and we were all suffering from low framerates. But in the last year I have seen scenery projects that really are adding an artistic flavor that was missing. You see it in Heraklion, you see it in this. Technically all very solid but the developers do not try to simulate the airport but they try to simulate how the airport feels like. I did not see lighting like that snow before but the moment you see it you know you are looking at something you did not see before.

I did not see lighting like that snow before but the moment you see it you know you are looking at something you did not see before.

Actually, Cloud9 added snowpiles to their Bergen Flesland scenery, but these one, looks so much better. And at the high level simulationdevelopers are on today, people expects ultra realistic sceneries, but with acceptable frames. I think many developers manages to both have nice sceneries with good frames nowadays, and I think this will also be a part of that collection. Thats nice to know! :D

• Developer

Mathijs, not to pester, but any chance we could see a daytime shot of those lovely snow piles?

Regards,

Ró.

I'll give Mathijs some slack and get pestered instead. ;)

There was actually some daytime shots of the winter posted earlier in this thread, but I'll throw in a couple of more. There are only a few hours of daylight during the darkest winter months though, which is actually good because the light is most spectacular during dusk/night.

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

will FS2004 come at the same time with FSX Version?

There are rumours again, that only FSX will come. A few weeks ago it was annouced here in the forum, that both versions (FS2004 and FSX will come)

Thanks for information

By the way-the user DLH560 is now working on AES textures for Helsinki.

You can see the result of his good jobs with Weeze, Gibraltar and Zürich Kloten AES texture packages!

I'll give Mathijs some slack and get pestered instead. ;)

There was actually some daytime shots of the winter posted earlier in this thread, but I'll throw in a couple of more. There are only a few hours of daylight during the darkest winter months though, which is actually good because the light is most spectacular during dusk/night.

Thanks for that, didn't realise in the earlier shots that they were snow piles, thought they were just the textures. Great pics thanks.

Regards,

Rónán.

Archived