Twin Otter Extended Preview (FSX,P3D)

The initial single model Bronco X was released mid December 2012 and the rest of the package mid-late January 2013.

The Twin Otter Extended release is scheduled to follow that scheme too ± a couple of weeks.

The benefits doing so is that we can continue on the follow up package as well as fix reported issues on the first initial release (we are not naive and always expect some minor bugs to be reported after release). This means that systems common for all variants should be bugfree and possible enhancements implementet once the rest of the package is released.

In my eyes kind of a win-win situation.

Finn

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The initial single model Bronco X was released mid December 2012 and the rest of the package mid-late January 2013.

The Twin Otter Extended release is scheduled to follow that scheme too ± a couple of weeks.

The benefits doing so is that we can continue on the follow up package as well as fix reported issues on the first initial release (we are not naive and always expect some minor bugs to be reported after release). This means that systems common for all variants should be bugfree and possible enhancements implementet once the rest of the package is released.

In my eyes kind of a win-win situation.

Finn

Sounds more then reasonable to me!

That's fine, I just wanted to be clear on how it was being sold and what the terms where. I don't equate Aerosoft with QW at all, but once bitten, twice shy.

@airlifter - my issue with QW is not as much with what they've done, as how they responded to my questions. As one poster put it (and he's a fan of QW), he believed that was the rudest reply he's ever seen a developer make to a customer ever. I would agree. Like I said, I don't equate Aerosoft with QW, but I now ask before I leap in all instances. Anyway, this isn't a QW forum and this isn't the place to expand/expound on that. I just put the reference in there as the basis for my question.

Thanks guys.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Daniel,

this is the aircraft (Airline) on which I am working currently ...

(I thought I show something unfinished ... and I like Lukla and therefore I need this bird! ;))

post-26404-0-84602100-1369434943_thumb.p

I could not report earlier because I have prepared my birthday.

I expect today at 25.05. some guests because I gave myself a break!

Regards

Holgi

Hello, just had to say that this Twin otter is beautiful, and a great work !!!!!!had the pleasure to fly the first release, remember my cartoon Mathijs ;)!?!

its been a long time !!! With a more powerful Computer now, I hope to be able to fly this one, just installed FSX !

You guys rock, kep up the great work !!!!!!!!!!

yours,

rui

A few images of the upcoming Twin Otter (Work-In-Progress)

AMAZING JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me have my own FSX tweaked and hoping to buy this one soon, lovely model, and scenery too ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Holgi, hi !

Please dont take me wrong, but hey!? any plans for a Royal nepal bird as well!?! :)

I have a good Budha Head logo if you need ! ;)

great repainting !!

Hi Rui,

oh yes, send me the good Budha Head! (Holgi@simtexture.de) :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Vielen dank, Holgi ! ;) let me go look for it in my external drive...later,

yours,

rc

pS. and hey, Happy Birthday then !!!!!!

Hey, meine ersten Geburtstagsgrüße, danke!

ah, tut mir leid, ich habe deutsch nur fur zwei jahre gelernt, und das war in 1992, ich habe schon alles vergessen...so we'll stick to english Holgi !

Happy geburtstag Holgi ;)

rc

ah, tut mir leid, ich habe deutsch nur fur zwei jahre gelernt, und das war in 1992, ich habe schon alles vergessen...so we'll stick to english Holgi !

Happy geburtstag Holgi ;)

rc

Doesn't sound bad at all! I've seen Germans talk worse german already ;)

BTW, happy Birthday Holgi :)

Anyway now back to the Twotter. So Mathijs, will these Icing effects actually have an effect on the flight dynamics or are those just visual things?

Hi,

First, thank you for the presentation of the Twin Otter on twitch.tv: it was a very nice idea for me as we can enjoy a great number of the functionnalities of this plane.

I've got a question please: will the initial released of this bird available for download? I would prefer to purchase it this way to avoid CD/DVD shipping and to moderate its price. I only found the box version on your web site in the pre-order section.

Thank you.

Hi,

First, thank you for the presentation of the Twin Otter on twitch.tv: it was a very nice idea for me as we can enjoy a great number of the functionnalities of this plane.

I've got a question please: will the initial released of this bird available for download? I would prefer to purchase it this way to avoid CD/DVD shipping and to moderate its price. I only found the box version on your web site in the pre-order section.

Thank you.

Yes it will be released as a download.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Pre-ordering a download is not possible and would be useless. The release is the download version, and as such immediately available upon release. And downloads are never 'sold-out' :lol:.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Doesn't sound bad at all! I've seen Germans talk worse german already ;)

BTW, happy Birthday Holgi :)

Anyway now back to the Twotter. So Mathijs, will these Icing effects actually have an effect on the flight dynamics or are those just visual things?

Thank you Emi! Danke!

May be a long shot but I'd like to add in a little request...

Could you guys paint up some fictional livery that looked like it had gone through hell and back? You guys could make up some fictional air touring company like "Puerto Rican Slim's Air Tours" or something and just have the lousiest, most dirtiest paint scheme. Does anyone have the paint for the A2A Cub that was something like "Fast Bob's Air Taxi"? I mean something like that. An airplane paint job that only a mother would love.

Anybody else think it would add some character to the Twotter?

Archived