Twin Otter Extended Preview (FSX,P3D)

I admit I was a bit surprised when Matt asked aloud if it was pressurized. Perhaps a more obvious disclaimer would help clear up any confusion as to what viewers are actually watching.

I remember that. I wasn't asking, I was repeating a question that'd been asked by a viewer - It had been missed by the Dev's, so was just recirculating the question.

If you were there right from the outset, I said within the first 20 minutes that this was completely out of the box and I had zero clue how to use it - it seems a lot of people missed that - it's in the recorded version though!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember that. I wasn't asking, I was repeating a question that'd been asked by a viewer - It had been missed by the Dev's, so was just recirculating the question.

If you were there right from the outset, I said within the first 20 minutes that this was completely out of the box and I had zero clue how to use it - it seems a lot of people missed that - it's in the recorded version though!

That makes sense, Matt. Perhaps something in the video/stream description might still be helpful in case they miss the point in which you mention the disclaimer. None the less, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. There are a good many of us anxiously awaiting the aircraft so the videos are a great preview.

• Aerosoft

Few comments.

Indeed I think we need to make sure Matt knows the aircraft better before showing it. However he sees it from the same point of view as 90% of the customers will see it the moment they bought it. He was exploring a new aircraft, we should have made that more clear.

The fact he encountered some failures was a great thing in my opinion. It shows the great system depth of this product.

Truth is I quiet enjoyed teh video, though I didnt watch it all. It is probably the best way to show case a product, as it did show one thing a experieced pilot would not do, blow up his engines. Didnt notice much diff in the sound though, doesnt matter it is on my list for day of release.

Few comments.

Indeed I think we need to make sure Matt knows the aircraft better before showing it. However he sees it from the same point of view as 90% of the customers will see it the moment they bought it. He was exploring a new aircraft, we should have made that more clear.

The fact he encountered some failures was a great thing in my opinion. It shows the great system depth of this product.

I think the video hit the spot! How could it be more clear that Matt was unwrapping it for the first time? Still, I suppose a convoy moves at the speed of the slowest vessel. :rolleyes:

The figure of 90% should be upped to 98%. I'm betting that almost EVERYONE installs and jumps in just as Matt did. Don't fix what ain't broke.

I think the video hit the spot! How could it be more clear that Matt was unwrapping it for the first time? Still, I suppose a convoy moves at the speed of the slowest vessel. :rolleyes:

The figure of 90% should be upped to 98%. I'm betting that almost EVERYONE installs and jumps in just as Matt did. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Ron, I think you correct in your statement. The MAJORITY of purchasers are going to be doing their training much after they get the product VIA trying and posting questions in the forum (forget reading the manual, it takes time). Step 1) Trying to start it and post in the forum. 2)Trying to fly it, post in the forum. 3)Trying to get the autopilot to work, post in the forum and so on. We have all seen it before and it will happen again. Love the video, the best part is when it finfished and all the "WHINERS" came here to complain. Thanks Matt, you did good.

Matt:

I did get to go back and watch some more of the Twin Otter video and thanks again for sharing it. While maybe not instructional like some where expecting it is still a great way to see some of the new features we have been reading about. I have also been enjoying some of your other landing videos. Thanks for posting!

• Deputy Sheriffs

LOL...I agree Mathijs. For some reason I could not get the doors to close...but got it sorted out after a reboot.

Looking great in its natural habitat. Looks like someone's schooled in the art of the crosswind landing (and is aptly screen-named). Nice job!

Looking very nice. Was shocked at the video but I see it in a better light now, although I doubt 98% of people will us Lukla as a starting point in their first flight!

Can I ask if there is a revised soundset for the aircraft, the engine sound in the video sounded exactly like the current version.

Yes, some work on the sounds is going to be done. It just has not been done yet. Remember it's an Alpha version you saw.

A few images of the upcoming Twin Otter (Work-In-Progress)

Enjoy

Twinn Otter plus ORBX, super combination. That's where mine will be flying and of course the Caribbean. Thank for the great pics Kroswynd.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not a gimmick, do click!

Nice iceing effect, great idea! Perfect work!

Archived