Aerosoft A-321/320 project

Very very nice! Aerosoft are at the top of the league with every release of software so far! They had better put up another shelf for the awards to sit with the amount they'll acheive this year! :rolleyes:    

Amazing shots! It feels like the real thing!

Don't want to be picky, but the "rose" knob is illuminated all around with a slightly dimmed illumination on the lower part of the knob as you can see in this picture - > IMAGE - Click Here

Thanks for that point. Will be included in the final version.

The pictures are really very nice.

Are there any plans to release a manual prior to the actual aircraft release so that there is time to get familiarized?

Ourgas.

• Aerosoft

Well done! I would buy it imetantly when it is ready...(I hate the default A321)

In the picture it looks like, that you can move the compass up!

You can. There are many animations like this, it's for sure one of the strong points. As we said all along, this is a project that has a solid systems background but we really want the VC to be something that works well and be graphically very strong.

• Aerosoft

Awesome..... What a detail! Even the Upholstery look like real fabrics... My compliments, you've found a new niche,besides sceneries.......... designing aircrafts!

Well it is not our first you know... click these links: PBY Catalina, F-16 Fighting Falcon, Hughes H1, Twin Otter, all products made by more or less the same team. And all products that win awards.

• Aerosoft

You know, dear friends I was more or less expecting some kinds of comments to a bit of a post I done yesterday: "Our biggest headache at this moment is finding a 'clean' way to remove the joysticks from FSX and allowing it to talk to the FBW and FADEC systems. All rather new and all rather complex."

See I'm not sure if you understand this but it will mean this will be the first FSX project I know of that does not use the stick and throttle to fly the aircraft but as input to the FlyByWire and FADEC systems. So as in the real Bus your joystick will NOT control the flight surfaces. We are still not 100% sure this will work as we hope, but if it does it means a real FBW implementation where there is basically not a lot of flight model, just a complex mathematical model in the computer (simulated by a computer, getting complex now).

You know, dear friends I was more or less expecting some kinds of comments to a bit of a post I done yesterday: "Our biggest headache at this moment is finding a 'clean' way to remove the joysticks from FSX and allowing it to talk to the FBW and FADEC systems. All rather new and all rather complex."

See I'm not sure if you understand this but it will mean this will be the first FSX project I know of that does not use the stick and throttle to fly the aircraft but as input to the FlyByWire and FADEC systems. So as in the real Bus your joystick will NOT control the flight surfaces. We are still not 100% sure this will work as we hope, but if it does it means a real FBW implementation where there is basically not a lot of flight model, just a complex mathematical model in the computer (simulated by a computer, getting complex now).

The plane's visuals are looking great! This project seems to be coming together very well. I am kind of confused on what you mean by the aircraft not using the stick and throttle to fly the aircraft. . . Does that mean we won't be able to use our throttles and joysticks at home to fly the aircraft? Sorry for my confusion.

-Matt

Well it is not our first you know... click these links: PBY Catalina, F-16 Fighting Falcon, Hughes H1, Twin Otter, all products made by more or less the same team. And all products that win awards.

Great screenshots! This is going to be a nice aircraft, looking forward to it!

How easy will it be to rotate knobs/rotary encoders in virtual cockpit?

RealAir have a technique whereby you right click the knob/rotary encoder and drag the mouse up/down (or left/right) to rotate the knob anticlockwise/clockwise.

This makes it very easy to use the VC when the users eye point is moving around due to G forces (eg turning, slowing/accelerating, turbulence etc).

Please consider this technique, try the RealAir SF260 to see how easy it makes manipulating the VC!!!

I am kind of confused on what you mean by the aircraft not using the stick and throttle to fly the aircraft. . . Does that mean we won't be able to use our throttles and joysticks at home to fly the aircraft? Sorry for my confusion.

I think he means that the side stick/throttle movements are "filtered" by the Airbus computer (to check those movements are "safe") prior to actually commanding the hydraulics/engines to move/change thrust.

In FSX though there is no easy capability to "filter" the inputs and so they have to do a bit more work to get the Airbus to work authentically.

...Its due out October November time.
Thanks Mr. Fletcher!

=====================

Mr. Kok,

She's coming-along quite nicely... especially like the little details in the glass reflections and (light) hues reflecting on the panels from the backlighting elements.

But, I wonder if you can (program) Offload any of the FBW computations onto other CPU cores to ease the load on the 4 or so cores used in FSX?

Honestly, I've been considering getting a multi-processor workstation motherboard for just this kind of relief; but I don't know if that is something you are trying or not. Until recently, I've been able to run 30-60FPS without lower sliders in FSX and ofcourse all my system & game settings are tweaked. But with over 700GB+ of addons, with AI, UHDT textures, Wx Engines, Map and other utilities, I've noticed a drop down to an average of 20-35FPS. So, it is 2.5 or so years time since my customized system and am considering Multi-processor boards. What are your thoughts on the requirements of this model on CPU usage?

Merci! :)

• Upvote 1

Regarding the FBW system that we are trying to implement...

Normally joystisck axis' are assigned in FSX to the various controls, otherwise You wouldn´t be able to control Your aircraft in FSX.

This means that Left/Right movement of Your Joystick/Yoke will make Your Ailerons move up and down accordingly to stick input.

Up/Down movement of the stick will move Your Elevator up and down.

In FSX this works like in normal aircraft - a certain movement of Your stick will cause an almost equal amount of control surface movement.

In real FBW systems that is not necessary whats happening.

If You ever has been to an airshow, seeing a F-16 flying really slow, and then watch it's Elevons (that´s what they are called on a F-16), then You will see that they move very "nervously" up and down in order to keep the F-16 flying level. The pilot though is holding his stick in the very same position. He might not move it at all.

The same is the case on the Airbus. Stick input does not necessary reflect control surface movement. In extreme cases they can even be opposite.

Due to the way FSX uses joysticks to directly control the various control surfaces, this is not normally possible in FSX.

What we are exprementing with, is something that makes real FBW behaviour possible.

Finn

That's terrific if you manage to get it working... I again got bugs flying the Wilco yesterday evening and am getting very cross not to be able to have one flight with a Wilco plane without problems... Can't wait for this Airbus, because I'm 100% sure it will work correctly like you're other planes...

But I'll have to find a tubeliner to fly in the meantime that works well and would be accepted by Swiss-va...

Firstly its all about the looks....

But now when we know how good it is looking ..we can concentrate to systems cool.gif

At the begging You said that we dont need to expect full simulated systems ...but this FBW problem what "Finn" explained, gave us more clue about all available systems...

Do You have some more info??

• Aerosoft

Thanks Mr. Fletcher!

=====================

Mr. Kok,

She's coming-along quite nicely... especially like the little details in the glass reflections and (light) hues reflecting on the panels from the backlighting elements.

But, I wonder if you can (program) Offload any of the FBW computations onto other CPU cores to ease the load on the 4 or so cores used in FSX?

Honestly, I've been considering getting a multi-processor workstation motherboard for just this kind of relief; but I don't know if that is something you are trying or not. Until recently, I've been able to run 30-60FPS without lower sliders in FSX and ofcourse all my system & game settings are tweaked. But with over 700GB+ of addons, with AI, UHDT textures, Wx Engines, Map and other utilities, I've noticed a drop down to an average of 20-35FPS. So, it is 2.5 or so years time since my customized system and am considering Multi-processor boards. What are your thoughts on the requirements of this model on CPU usage?

Merci! :)

There is no way to assign a process inside FSX to a specific core. But it's also not needed as FSX does that more or less automatic. If you switch off cores on a 4 core machine like my i7 you loose about 15% fps per core until you get to the last one, that one will run about half as fast on it's own compared to the same system with all cores activated. It's what allows so much more complex stuff in FSX compared to the single core in FS2004.

This product will be about the same in demands as the Catalina. We will try to make it run a bit faster as it is intended for complex airports.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Firstly its all about the looks....

But now when we know how good it is looking ..we can concentrate to systems cool.gif

At the begging You said that we dont need to expect full simulated systems ...but this FBW problem what "Finn" explained, gave us more clue about all available systems...

Do You have some more info??

It's hard to give a lot of info before we completed all test. It's seriously complex stuff and as far as we know there is nothing to fall back on.

What we do know is that the way FSX handles the stick and throttle just does not work for an Airbus. So at least we got to try to make this work more realistic (and in fact easier to fly)

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Sorry for the question, but: FS X only ?

Yes... sorry but we would have to remove about 50% of all we have shown you to compile this for FS2004. In the end there will be 6 times more polygons in this model then FS2004 would allow to be compiled. But why worry, there are many fine Airbusses for FS2004!

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Great screenshots! This is going to be a nice aircraft, looking forward to it!

How easy will it be to rotate knobs/rotary encoders in virtual cockpit?

RealAir have a technique whereby you right click the knob/rotary encoder and drag the mouse up/down (or left/right) to rotate the knob anticlockwise/clockwise.

This makes it very easy to use the VC when the users eye point is moving around due to G forces (eg turning, slowing/accelerating, turbulence etc).

Please consider this technique, try the RealAir SF260 to see how easy it makes manipulating the VC!!!

Just putting the mouse cursor on it and roll the mouse wheel is a LOT easier then dragging the mouse cursor away from the knob don't you think? It's a A321 and not aerobatic model after all. And of course you can select a new viewpoint, most of this will stabilized.

• Upvote 1