I think we should presuade Vin to do the Dutch one :rolleyes:

Best

Yeah, your right

Is he not talking about the repaint in pictures Mathijs posted above?

No the paint in Mathijs' pictures is Danish  ;)

I'm getting info together to recreate the Seaplane Base at OBAN, (Scotland) UK as it was in the early 40's. It had Norwegian, Canadian, Aussie and British Squadrons assigned. That ought to keep some painters busy after release :rolleyes: . The Cat is looking great. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Jim Dhaenens

I'm getting info together to recreate the Seaplane Base at OBAN, (Scotland) UK as it was in the early 40's. It had Norwegian, Canadian, Aussie and British Squadrons assigned. That ought to keep some painters busy after release :rolleyes: .

Jim Dhaenens

Top work Jim :)

Will the radials sound satisfying to the ear?? So far big radials seem flat in FS (no distinct throbbing sound from the exhausts or as each cylinder fires). It seems no-one is able to capture "that" sound.

Best regards,

Robin.

Hello,

I asked you if there's a repaint of the Catalina from the Netherlands, and you asked for some pictures and I don't know how to put pictures in a reply in your forum.

Wich email addres can I use to send the pictures to?

Hello,

I asked you if there's a repaint of the Catalina from the Netherlands, and you asked for some pictures and I don't know how to put pictures in a reply in your forum.

No need to, Rick06. As Mathijs has stated, the Dutch Cat is one of the included schemes ;).

Hello,

Well if you want to send me those pics anyway it's valtteri(dot)isola(at)welho(dot)com

or if they are on some website you may type the url instead. 

ATT: Mathis

I know it's a bit late in the process, but I was a beta tester on the original version. But somehow i'm not in the new one. How comes? and can I be part of the project again?

Cheers;

Michael Jessen

Very nice pictures. I am really looking forward to this model.

The only thing that could be improved in my opinion is that the paints could be much more bold when it comes to adding traces of rust or dirt. Even with well kept Catalinas I would expect more of those after 60+ years of service - especially on the engines themselves, around the engines and on the rear part of the fuselage, where the water is running down from the wings (see picture below).

pby.jpg

Very nice pictures. I am really looking forward to this model.

The only thing that could be improved in my opinion is that the paints could be much more bold when it comes to adding traces of rust or dirt. Even with well kept Catalinas I would expect more of those after 60+ years of service - especially on the engines themselves, around the engines and on the rear part of the fuselage, where the water is running down from the wings (see picture below).

pby.jpg

Hi Manuel!

The paints of original aircraft will be done in their original look. What you see now here inside the forum is in overall a WORK IN PROGRESS impression and stands not for the coming detail in the

final versions.

Note that if we do aircraft like they were actually in service, will mirror the look they had at that time of service.

But if the model displays todays versions, we will try to let them look how she do today.

A texture artists way to paint such a vehicle is normally first via the rivet/welding line structure. Then he adds the colored ingredients like camouflage, markings etc. The rust and dirt things are

added last. Thats a similar way like it is done in real world with the influence of service and nature altering the airplanes surface day after day.

But as many of you want to input us with those special issues of look and feel, I say: Please, bring it on! We will listen with attention and try to include those things.

• 2 weeks later...

Staff,

They look great; but peaking in the window I see that they are still empty shells, ie. NO VC's yet!

I guess that this project has no chance of being out within the next month; huh? :huh:

Dag_1.jpg

Staff,

They look great; but peaking in the window I see that they are still empty shells, ie. NO VC's yet!

I guess that this project has no chance of being out within the next month; huh?

Nope, no vc yet, but it's in development

Is the front Tourelle finished ? It seems that the tourelle should be banked not straight.. IMO.

Good work but i'm puzzled by some details..