Excellent work :D ...did you find another programmer ? I'll love to fly this one. Fast enough (about the speed of a Cessna Caravan), long range, amphibian or seaplane...

By the way Mathijs, are you planning amphibian variants for the Twin Otter ? There are a lot of people including me who'd love to fly an amphibian Twotter...and quite some of them (me too in fact) are willing to pay for it... :unsure::)

• Aerosoft
Excellent work :D ...did you find another programmer ? I'll love to fly this one. Fast enough (about the speed of a Cessna Caravan), long range, amphibian or seaplane...

By the way Mathijs, are you planning amphibian variants for the Twin Otter ? There are a lot of people including me who'd love to fly an amphibian Twotter...and quite some of them (me too in fact) are willing to pay for it... :unsure::)

For now there is no work planned on the Twin Otter, sorry. Perhaps later this year.

Thanks for these images, the engines are very very pretty ! B)

But the central "pillar" of the fuselage should be under wings and more curved no ? Like here for example.

And with an edge just under wings surface, it seems more clean in any case. :)

• Aerosoft
Thanks for these images, the engines are very very pretty ! B)

But the central "pillar" of the fuselage should be under wings and more curved no ? Like here for example.

And with an edge just under wings surface, it seems more clean in any case. :)

We identified 2 versions of the pillar and we are using the one that we had best information on (we are working from actual drawings). You'll find that there is no aircraft that had so many modifications (both official and non official) as the Cats.

• Aerosoft

Today the PBY-5 was moved from the body shop to the paint shop. Shown here in preliminary paint (so very low detail, no bumps etc). Sometime over the weekend she will be painted and will be ready to roll to the fitting shed where the interior will be done. The PBY-5A and PBY-6 will be next. Note the bubble front turret with the double gun will be replaced with a flat single 30. gun turret. This is one that's more suited for the PBY-5A.

Cat_07.jpg

This is what you call a good looking one. Wonderful work once again...

Is this again a framerate-friendly design like the Twin Otter ? I hope so at least...

Looking forward to this one.

My father was in the RAF during WWII, he passed away some years ago but he related a little story which always stuck with me. It wasn't anything exciting, quite the opposite. He was in the North African campaign attached to a Mosquito squadron, one afternoon they got a break from the bombing, dust storms and abusive officers. Someone organise a trip out over the Med on a PBY, it was supposedly out spotting subs but was a private fishing trip. He described it as one perfect afternoon bobbing about on a clear blue sea, fishing from the side of the aircraft, listening to a record and swiming. A break from the war before the invasion of Italy.

In retrospect I hope shipping wasn't lost as a result. He didn't say if they caught any fish. I have a photo somewhere of him and his pals standing in front of the plane, it had heat blankets covering the windows, trying to keep the cockpit cool. I must try and dig it out.

But that's why this new aeroplane means a lot to me, it will make me think on one perfect afternoon.

/You have control

• Aerosoft

Evening update!

This external model will be available with a complete paint kit right after this weekend. If you like to do a livery for this model, write a mail to support@aerosoft.con and we can add you to the beta. BUT.... while in development we take the right to use your livery for the final model (of course you get full copyrights etc). If you don't like that wait until we are released. Of course the paint you like to do might not match the exact model you like to repaint, but keep in mind we can add some things and this is the MILITARY PBY-5 model, there will be a civil/'modern' as well.

Cat_08.jpg

Cat_09.jpg

Cat_10.jpg

Splendid work and modelling! Who in the world wouldn't buy this beauty, with the usual Aerosoft quality and great framerates ? Lovely (sea)bird... :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to this one...

Current wishlist:

Aerosoft Viper

Aerosoft Catalina

Aerosoft H-1B

• Aerosoft
Splendid work and modelling! Who in the world wouldn't buy this beauty, with the usual Aerosoft quality and great framerates ? Lovely (sea)bird... :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to this one...

Current wishlist:

Aerosoft Viper

Aerosoft Catalina

Aerosoft H-1B

Nice list, BUT keep in mind that the Cat and the H1 are hardware friendly and we are not claiming that for the F-16. Do not get the idea the F-16 needs some kind of hyper system, but the developer got a free reign while on the Catalina we simply want 20fps on a set flight on a rather standard (sub 750 euro) system.

I'll make you a deal. I'll get you the H1 for free if you promise to by the other two. You and me, not me and the rest of the world.

Well to be honest I was typing my answer already a half minute after your post, Mathijs, as a PM. It was only after clicking the 'send' button that I found out you disabled PM's....

I'd love to accept the offer (I was thinking this immediately), but then I thought about my parents, who aren't really happy with their son's hobby - being FS and aviation: "You're spending already enough time behind that bl**** computer!". They don't seem to realise that a simple flight of a single hour in FS takes more than 75 minutes (actual flight time included) to prepare - selecting the aircraft, calculating the fuel, location, loading the flight plan,...and during the flight the capturing of screenshots of course 'slows' my flight down too. And the loading of the flight...

But if your offer remains valid until August, I'll be glad to buy these two and get the H-1 too...

(still have to receive my school report so I don't know when I'm able to convince them to use their credit card...since I don't have my own card I've got to use theirs and I give them the money from my bank account).

You see, the situation is a bit more complicated due to the fact I'm still a minor - exactly 17 and 4 months...

Now there's a deal for you Joris!

Only deal that might be better than that would be hanging out of a real PBY cockpit and capturing this video (an excellent livery paint idea BTW!) B)

...And some especially nice land and water takeoff+landing footage:

PBY Flight - YouTube #1

GaryGB

I was afraid, at start I thought that the second aircrat was shooting on the first ! :blink::lol:

All models will have a tail wheel or some will have a front wheel ?

And there will be no hole for the middle wheels ?

I was afraid, at start I thought that the second aircrat was shooting on the first ! :blink::lol:

All models will have a tail wheel or some will have a front wheel ?

And there will be no hole for the middle wheels ?

Hi,

you can find some info on the different versions here:

http://www.pby.com/

The early versions were plane seaplanes, with beaching wheels only. The later versions were amphibeous with front wheel.

• Aerosoft
Well to be honest I was typing my answer already a half minute after your post, Mathijs, as a PM. It was only after clicking the 'send' button that I found out you disabled PM's....

I'd love to accept the offer (I was thinking this immediately), but then I thought about my parents, who aren't really happy with their son's hobby - being FS and aviation: "You're spending already enough time behind that bl**** computer!". They don't seem to realise that a simple flight of a single hour in FS takes more than 75 minutes (actual flight time included) to prepare - selecting the aircraft, calculating the fuel, location, loading the flight plan,...and during the flight the capturing of screenshots of course 'slows' my flight down too. And the loading of the flight...

But if your offer remains valid until August, I'll be glad to buy these two and get the H-1 too...

(still have to receive my school report so I don't know when I'm able to convince them to use their credit card...since I don't have my own card I've got to use theirs and I give them the money from my bank account).

You see, the situation is a bit more complicated due to the fact I'm still a minor - exactly 17 and 4 months...

Just contact me when you are ready...

• Aerosoft

Okay the PBY-5 (with beaching gear) external model is now done and send in beta. As promised we will do this project will be very open to people who like to help out. So if you like to help repaint this first model write to support@aerosoft.com and when we see no problems we can send you the external model and the paintkit. In the next few weeks a PBY-5 Civil and PBY-5A/6 will be included. Please note that changes in the model will only be done very late in the project, so this model is all that is available right now.

Below you see the latest developments. Please note the front turret is a modern one, more suitable for the 5A and 6 models, it still needs to be replaced. Also external lights still need to be modeled.

Cat_11.jpg

Cat_12.jpg

Cat_13.jpg

Cat_14.jpg

The Paint kit has been created in such a way that it is fully open for advanced repainters, yet can also be used by beginners. If you don't know what to do just avoid editing the 'red' sections and just add your own layers in the yellow section.

Cat_15.jpg

WOW! Amazing!

And even that is an understatement...

Mathijs, I'm thinking that you won't have a lack of purchases of this product...at least now you've got two committed customers :lol:!

Hurray! this external model is 100% better than the last one. good job guys. the bow turret needs to be tapered. the base needs to be wider than the top, but i can overlook that. i can't wait. you have restored my confidence.

Yes, could even be a bit better than the Twin Otter.

SOLD! Looking fantastic!

Is this the same team that did the H1 Mathijs? I ask as I remember being extremely impressed with the weathered texturing of the VC in the H1 and hope this one looks as good.