Options not saved

michael-t

Do you have Steam or Store version? Are other options from the EFB saved?

There is one cutomer with Steam that reported the same but he went quiet after told to run the sim with Admin rights. At this point it seams that limited rights don't allow saving.

It is a bit different from what I have described: the options are saved correctly, but they seem to have no influence on the startup state.

[Startup]
Default=0

[Config]
IRSAlignTime=0

Michael

10 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

My options save OK overall, except "IRS align time" and "flight deck noises" - they never get saved

Exactly the same here.  I Open sim as administrator always as well.

The behaviour you describe only happens if you select the wrong option.
In the red rectangle are the states that you can currently select, i.e. when you are standing around somewhere.
But if you press the button in the yellow field (default state) you can select the states that will be loaded in the future, the next time you start the sim.

Each time you press the button, a different state is displayed and will loaded next sim start.

Please login to display this image.

2 hours ago, Hoffie3000 said:

The behaviour you describe only happens if you select the wrong option.
In the red rectangle are the states that you can currently select, i.e. when you are standing around somewhere.
But if you press the button in the yellow field (default state) you can select the states that will be loaded in the future, the next time you start the sim.

Each time you press the button, a different state is displayed and will loaded next sim start.

Please login to display this image.

We’re referring to saving the options listed on the Options Page.

• Developer

Depending on the type of user account that you're using, it might be required to run the simulator as administrator.

I'm aware that the flightdeck noise setting doesn't save (it's already been fixed here), but all the other things should load/save.

vor 19 Stunden , sd_flyer sagte:

My options save OK overall, except "IRS align time" and "flight deck noises" - they never get saved

Same here but just for the flight deck noises, IRS alignment I did not change and left it to instant

18 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Depending on the type of user account that you're using, it might be required to run the simulator as administrator.

I'm aware that the flightdeck noise setting doesn't save (it's already been fixed here), but all the other things should load/save.

About the flightdeck noise, with this option on I hear someone coughing outside in drone view but not on the flightdeck. Maybe because of Covid (coughing only allowed outside}? ;)

• Developer
Just now, Gerwil said:

About the flightdeck noise, with this option on I hear someone coughing outside in drone view but not on the flightdeck. Maybe because of Covid (coughing only allowed outside}? ;)

Our first officer is wearing a bio safety level 4 "space suit" (watch "Outbreak" with Dustin Hoffman and you'll know what I mean) 🙂

Just wanted to say +1 about the flight deck noise and IRS not saving. I attempted to manually edit the configuration file and it didn’t change anything in sim. I have MSFS steam version. Off the top of my head I haven’t run MSFS as administrator. I will give that a try next time I have a chance. 

On 3/19/2021 at 5:02 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

Can you post your configuration file here? I'd like to give it a try.

Hi Hans, sorry for the late reply. Sure thing, here is my configuration file. I'd like to add I ran MSFS in admin mode, and it still did not save the options.

CRJ.cfg

• Developer
On 3/24/2021 at 6:30 PM, jzdilts said:

Hi Hans, sorry for the late reply. Sure thing, here is my configuration file. I'd like to add I ran MSFS in admin mode, and it still did not save the options.

CRJ.cfg 1.29 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you. The reason why I asked for this file is that we had a similar problem during beta which was caused by duplicate section names (for example [Config])  in the config file. This is not the case with your file.

Did you guys try to run MSFS as Administrator?

Archived