Managed speed issues

Secondator

8 minutes ago, brtkstn said:

Harold, there is also something wrong with your destination fuel onboard. Regards.

Yes, it looks to be about a 600 pounds difference, but I doubt 600 pounds is contributing to the managed DES speed drop.

Harold

Hello,

i tested two flights this weekend.

i use the last update1.2.3.1. In the first flight: LFMN to LFPO (A 321 IAE) no problem. The plane respect  managed speed and altitudes constraints. Everything was fine. In the second flight : CYUL to KJFK (A 320 IAE), i had a slow climb because of an insufficient slope. On the approach i note that sometimes the plane dives toomuch, briefly but it does.However the managed speed remains correct, that problem seems solved. But the altitudes constraints during a part of the approach were not respected.

Overall, i can landing correctly at KJFK .I note also a light rolling on ILS.

There are probably still  some adjustments to do, but the simulator works better.

MIchel

Please login to display this image.

Hello,

I encountered this problem of speed manager recurrently. below all the useful information.

SIM: V4.4.16.27077

Airbus version: A320 214 CFM Aesy Jet livery

A320-321 version: 1.2.3.1

FlightPlan: file attached in zip (generated with FSC9)

FuelPlanner: XML file attached in zip file

Data Log and Config : ...\aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\Data folder in zip => Log files enabled FMGS and Alt Process

Screenshot: when the problem was encountered

Description: In cruise altitude FL330, before the TOD, the managed speed has changed => 128 displayed (see screenshot).

this problem can occur in many ways for each flight:

- in ascension => all phases of flight are affected (ascension, cruise, descent, approach)

- in cruise => the rest of the flight phases are affected.

I remain at your disposal for any test.

Thank you for your Help.

Best regards,

Marc.

A320.ZIP

After several successful flights at the latest 1.2.3.1 fix level, I encountered the managed speed problem at cruising altitude FL360 midway between KLAX and KSEA.

I saved multiple copies of AltProcess.log as soon as I detected the drop in managed speed. I found I was unable to reset the managed speed, so, I reloaded the flight plan into the FMC while still in flight, and was able to reinstate normal managed speed functions for the remainder of the flight - which was uneventful from that point forward. I've attached all .log files from my A320 data directory. I saved a copy called AltProcess - AfterReloadFlightPlan.log - which was saved immediately after I reloaded the flight plan into the FMS while in flight (restoring normal managed speed functions). 

Flight Plan: KLAX LADYJ4 CSTRO DCT SHIMR DCT LKV HAWKZ7 KSEA

Takeoff ZFW: 129,181

Takeoff Fuel: 20,102 lbs

Issue occurred in cruise FL360 between fixes SHIMR and LKV.

Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit Professional
Simulator version: Prepar3d v4.4
Airbus version: 1.2.3.1
Add-ons in use:

- ActiveSky for P3DV4

- Ultimate Traffic Live

- ORBX

- Megascenery Earth

- Navagraph Charts

- Various Airports: FSDreamTeam, Flightbeam, FlyTampa, Imageinesim, Drzewiecki, UK2000, FlightsimStudios

System specs:

Alienware 17R5  - 32GB - Intel i9-8950HK CPU@2.90GHz

Description of the issue:

After several successful flights at the latest 1.2.3.1 fix level, I encountered the managed speed problem at cruising altitude FL360 midway between KLAX and KSEA.

I saved multiple copies of AltProcess.log as soon as I detected the drop in managed speed. I found I was unable to reset the managed speed, so, I reloaded the flight plan into the FMC while still in flight, and was able to reinstate normal managed speed functions for the remainder of the flight - which was uneventful from that point forward. I've attached all .log files from my A320 data directory. I saved a copy called AltProcess - AfterReloadFlightPlan.log - which was saved immediately after I reloaded the flight plan into the FMS while in flight (restoring normal managed speed functions). 

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen?
No - Reporting immediately after First occurrence at 1.2.3.1 version.

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.):

Flight Plan: KLAX LADYJ4 CSTRO DCT SHIMR DCT LKV HAWKZ7 KSEA

Takeoff ZFW: 129,181

Takeoff Fuel: 20,102 lbs

Where Occurred: Issue occurred in cruise FL360 between fixes SHIMR and LKV.

Aircraft: A320 IAE

Michael DelFranco

AltProcess.zip

Just had an event today after many flights with no issues......

Operating System:

Windows 10 Pro Ver 1803 Build 17134.472

Simulator version:

P3D v4.4  (4.416.27077)

Airbus version:

Updater: 1.3.0.1

A320 1.2.3.1

Add-ons in use:

FSUIPC5 (FS-Products ACARS), Navigraph 1902, ORBX SC/NC/NRM/PNW  (Note: Clear Skies ASP4 is installed/available but not enabled on this flight)

System specs:

Asus Maximus IX Hero,i7-7700k CPU @4.2 GHz, 32GB Ram, EVGA GTX1080, SSD's. System build April 2017. All recent updates applied.

Flight Plan Extended: YPPH N0120F360 KEELS5 MERIB T12 XMX G209 TKG CARL1A WIII

During the Descent phase the PFD speed dropped to 190 although it should have been B280 according to the STAR. It almost looks like it decided to use the Approach speed. I also noticed that the speed select indicator on the PFD kept jumping up and back down as if it wanted to go up but was being told to keep down during this period. I changed to using the manual speed knob during the descent and all was well. I switched to managed speed when the speed was to be at 190. The rest of the flight was normal.

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, what are the exact steps you are taking for this issue to happen?

After at least 8 flights with no issues this happened.

Additional information (route, weights, special area where the issue occurred etc.):

I have attached the logs, flight plan and load sheet use for this flight all in one zip file. I could only grab a screen shot of the vc at the time.

A320_Data_DRW_2019-Feb-19.zip

Goodevening guys,

This evening I performed a flight between LPPT and EHAM with the A319.

Flight Plan: IXIDA2S IXIDA DCT TOSDI UN745 ZMR UN873 FERDI UY18 DENUT DENUT1A

Takeoff ZFW: 57.285 kg

Takeoff Fuel: 9053 kg

The issue occurred during the descent above DENUT and RIVER

Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit Professional
Simulator version: Prepar3d v4.4
Airbus version: 1.2.3.1

Aircraft: A319 CFM (TAP livery)
Add-ons in use:

- ActiveSky for P3DV4

- ASCA

- ENVTEX

- ORBX (global, vector, LC europe)

- Navigraph Airac (1902)

- Various Airports: FlyTampa, MK studios

System specs:

INTEL i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz - 24GB RAM

During the climb and cruise portion of the flight, nothing special happened. At about 100NM prior to descent, I entered all the destination data (wind, QNH, temp, DH). 40NM prior to descent I updated the wind info. About 5NM prior to the TOD I altered the altitude on the FCU to FL240 (first constraint of the STAR; cross DENUT at or below FL240) and pressed the knob. As expected at that moment, I was descending below the vertical profile with a VS of -1000 ft/m. However, after 5min I was still below the profile. All of a sudden the profile dropped completely. In a matter of seconds, I was not below, but above the profile. The autopilot corrected this with a steep dive (-4500ft/m) for about a minute. After this minute, I was again far below the profile. And this is where the problems started.  As I was below the profile, the autopilot adjusted the vertical speed again to about -300ft/m. According to the blue arrow on the ND, I should have reached FL240 about 1NM before DENUT. But reaching that position, I was still at FL290. The blue arrow never moved from position, as I expected, depending on the VS. To help the aircraft to find back the profile I used VS. When I was back on the profile I used again managed descent. However, the same problem happened again over RIVER with the altitude constraint of FL070-FL100. In the end, I was able to land the aircraft without further assistance from the managed descent.

No - Reported immediately after flight.

The flight was done during evening time, so the pictures are a little bit to dark to upload them immediately. I've included all the screenshots I took in the attached ZIP file.

Giel

LPPTEHAM.zip

Thanks GIELVDV for your detailed post.

This is the managed speed topic. Is you problem about the managed speed dropping to very low values, or steep descent? 

If it is steep descent, I think this is the wrong topic to post it. Maybe someone moves the topic over to the right one.

Maybe it is not related, but in Marcus67's example, in the fmgs.log, the default v speed V1 is 128, as per the problematic managed speed of 128 knots happened during cruise.

And strangely, when the problem begun, in the prediction engine logs, the CLL one disappears.

If we had a little bir more info for reading the logs, some geek sim pilots may analyze the logs better.

For example the values for FlightParams, PSDs etc.

My best.

It is more about not following the vertical profile. Of course the speed is related to this as during the short steep descents I'm not able to control the speed, even with the speed brakes.

If needed, the topic can be (re)moved.

Operating System: win 10 pro
Simul
ator version: p3d v4.4
Airbus version: 1.2.2.3
Add-ons in use: Active Sky, Chaseplane

System specs: i7 7700k, 32GB RAM, 
GTX 1080ti

The problem with the speed drop to 140 kts only happened to me once, and on this flight I forgot to activate the fuel pumps. Maybe this had something to do with it. A problem happening far more often is the AP/FMS generally ignoring the speed that is set:

The CRZ speed was selected by entering .80 in Preselect on the CRZ page, the BUS nevertheless flew with .832 and as you can see in the picture, not even changing speed on the MCDU to selected mode and turning the knob down to .61 changed anything. The only way to slow the plane down out of overspeed was to set the Throttle to idle to disconnect A/THR and end the flight without it

widows 7 64 bit Amd 6300 6 core processer nvidia 1050 ti graphics p3d 4.4 air bus A320/321 professional. Addons orbyx pmdg 737-800 Active sky.

I tried a flight this morning with the A320 I set up with first officer and pilot taxied and took off speed stuck at 124 knots all the waqy to climb no Active sky enabled. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Dont think so. I'm one of those who NEVER had this speed issue, neither with 4.3 nor with 4.4.

What we have seen with some other issues, that a reinstall of P3D solved them.

Hello,

i tested another flight with A320 CFM, LFML to LICC: any problem. Altitudes constraints, speed managed , climb, approach and landing, were correct.

Michel.

• Aerosoft

Like a few of the other issues we recently worked on the fact there simply HAS to be a local aspect to the issue makes things very complex. 

I am at this moment with a friend who suffered heavily from this issue. I brought with me an SSD with OS, sim and add-on (Win10Pro, P3d V4.4, Bus 1.2.3.1).  When we dropped that in and booted from it we did two flights that simply did not show the issue. Clear proof that my friend has something on his system that is not as we expect. I spend an hour looking for something weird and other than some weird shit with his Direct X (that is very unlikely to cause an issue) could find nothing. 

I really wish we understood this issue better.

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Like a few of the other issues we recently worked on the fact there simply HAS to be a local aspect to the issue makes things very complex. 

If that is the case then perhaps you need to state something like this:

POTENTIAL PURCHASERS BEWARE:

This product may not operate correctly/as intended on your computer!

This reminds me of a LNAV bug with a very well known ATR aircraft running on FSX....to date, as far as I know it was never resolved.  It was just so unreliable I ended up removing from my HD!   It is such a pity that our bus is becoming unreliable for many customers.  If,as you say Mathijs, this is essentially a local issue or computer system related it seems to me the issue may never be resolved or simply impossible to overcome  seemly just like the ATR. 

44 minutes ago, sprowse said:

If that is the case then perhaps you need to state something like this:

Do you have an example where such a statement was used for any software?

I've been certain the problem is "local", and although the person hasn't posted it here, one of the most outspoken critics of this problem recently purchased a new computer (thus a new Windows 10 install) and he no longer has the issue.  Add this to Mathijs recent experience with a customer's computer, and there is little room to believe it's the Airbus software. 

My very best wishes.

9 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I've been certain the problem is "local",

Well at least we now know what Aerosoft think about this issue...it’s a customer PC problem!

9 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Add this to Mathijs recent experience with a customer's computer, and there is little room to believe it's the Airbus software

Therefore it seems to me all the more reason to warn potential customers that your software has issues on many PCs,  if you don’t like the idea of a short note how about; ‘try before you buy’.

Just as a side note oddly enough the guy involved with the ATR problem also found a friend, after many months of posts and research (the developers also claimed they were unable to recreate the problem) that had the LNAV issue, he too went to his friend’s house...and...well I don’t know the guy vanished no news.  I guess he got lost on his way to his friends house😀. I can’t remember the guys name, it’s been so many years now, but it’ll come to me.  

Best regards

vor 18 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

I am at this moment with a friend who suffered heavily from this issue. I brought with me an SSD with OS, sim and add-on (Win10Pro, P3d V4.4, Bus 1.2.3.1).  When we dropped that in and booted from it we did two flights that simply did not show the issue. Clear proof that my friend has something on his system that is not as we expect. I spend an hour looking for something weird and other than some weird shit with his Direct X (that is very unlikely to cause an issue) could find nothing. 

I really wish we understood this issue better.

Not sure it helps a lot but I've this issue just on flights in the United States never ever in Europe.

The only aircraft affected will be the A321 on my side.

Never had with the A319/320

Cheers

105 kts at cruise.. first time in approx 70 hrs in all the aerosoft a320's

a319 cfm, 1.2.3.0, 

MHTG/KMIA

BTO1 BTO UZ498 PABEL UL471 IKBIX Y183 PEAKY DVALL CURSO5

zfw 117.6 lbs

fuel 18.4

seems to have happened right at inserting the arrival and approach.

i had noticed on the descent page it had entered .77/212 which seemed odd to me, so i had put /280 in.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: Acer
             System Model: Predator G3-710
                     BIOS: R02-A2 (type: UEFI)
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
                   Memory: 32768MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 32710MB RAM
                Page File: 9252MB used, 28321MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
        Manufacturer: NVIDIA
           Chip type: GeForce GTX 1070
            DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Type: Full Device (POST)
          Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1B81&SUBSYS_1070174B&REV_A1
       Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER] 
 Device Problem Code: No Problem
 Driver Problem Code: Unknown
      Display Memory: 24451 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 8096 MB
       Shared Memory: 16355 MB
        Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Hello,
I have the same problem at times, not every flight and I suspect something.
1. There are 2 variables with the same name in Airbus programming, which only sometimes overlap.
2nd !!!! Important !!!!! I use Navigraph database. There are waypoints or VOR that can only be flown at one altitude or at a time during the flight. Maybe it's related to that.
3. During the flight I switched on the autosave of FSUIPC for 10 minutes. If the error occurs and I go back 20 minutes in flight this will not come back.
4. Please check settings of the Configurator and limitation of the ND to 4 * 100.
Otherwise, I'm as perplexed as everyone else and still hope for a solution.
Greeting CFG874 Bernd

Hallo,
ich habe zeitweise das gleiche Problem, auch nicht bei jedem Flug  und vermute auch was.
1. Es sind in der Airbus Programmierung  2 variable mit der gleichen Bezeichnung vorhanden, die sich nur manchmal überschneiden.
2. !!!! Wichtig !!!!!    Ich verwende Navigraph Datenbank. Es gibt Wegpunkte or VOR,  die im Laufe des Fluges nur auf eine Höhe oder mit einer Geschwindigkeit angeflogen werden dürfen. Vielleicht hängt es damit zusammen.
3. Beim Flug habe ich die autosave von FSUIPC auf 10 Minuten eingeschaltet. Wenn der Fehler auftritt, und ich gehen 20 Minuten zurück im Flug kommt dieser nicht wieder.
4. Einstellungen des Configurators und Begrenzung der ND auf 4 *100 bitte prüfen.
An sonsten bin ich genauso ratlos wie alle anderen und hoffe trotzdem auf eine Lösung.
Gruß CFG874 Bernd

• Aerosoft
13 hours ago, sprowse said:

That's a bit of a cheap shot. 

• We now have twelve customers who had the issue and do not have the issue after doing a full clean install of the sim (in five of those also the OS was re-installed). I think that that is proof that on those machines there simply has to be a local element to the issue don't you believe? In these cases, I think it is justified to say the problem was on the users machine in these cases, don't you think?
  • We also have many customers that report simply never have seen the issue, don't you believe that at least points to something some people have on there machine?
  • We have been able to recreate many of the issues on a test machine we have here by using the client only updater of the sim. We know that in some cases this leads to problems with some of the newer functions of the sim (note that most other devs do not use those yet so you might not see issues there).
  • We have identified one possible issue that was related to a navdatabase error. As this is an old dataset it is not likely causing issues at this moment. But again that was an issue out of our control and on the users system.

We are most definitely not saying that there is no issue and are working very hard to try to find out what could cause these issues for some users. This evening I am assisting another customer with a completely clean install of the sim, if that solves the issue for him we have thirteen confirmed case. I will make a full snapshot of his current sim and will compare all the simfiles with mine. Lockheed also promised to check this out.

If you feel your system is perfect, has absolutely no issues what so ever, you might indeed be running into a bug that we are so far not really reliably been able to replicate.  And as said we are working on trying to find that.