Chuck's Guide for the CRJ700ER

• Hans Hartmann pinned and featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you. You have put a lot of effort into this very detailed tut. And thanks for your tuts on the other aircraft you'ved covered.

Greatly appreciated.

Trevor

Now THAT is what I call a manual for getting used to the CRJ. I really, REALLY wonder, why it is up to a enthusiastic customer of the product to produce such a wonderful booklet? It should be part of the product itself, not like now with outdated documentation based on an old version that already received several patches. Same is true for the Airbus btw... maybe the devs wait as well for a customer doing such a nice booklet for the AS Bus? Who knows... but shame on you, Aerosoft.

Anyway, I really appreciate this guide, it is one of the best guides for a simulator aircraft I have ever seen. Outstanding work!

On 1/23/2019 at 9:00 PM, Chuck_Owl said:

Hi folks,

I did a short tutorial on how to fly the CRJ700. I hope it can help some of you. If you guys find mistakes or want to suggest improvements, please let me know.

Link below;

https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-p3d-digital-aviation-crj700er/

Hello Chuck

As usually super nice work. Thanks a lot.

Niels O.

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Great guide and great family of guides! Any chance of one for the Aerosoft Buses? Plenty of videos but nothing beats a solid written tutorial!

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the guide, very nice!

I´d like to discuss the exterial light usage. I know it differs often much, depending on company´s SOPs.

Studying the cockpit videos and SOPs I would use them that way:

1.) As soon APU or GPU is powering the aircraft, you´ll need NAV Lights ON

2.) At night LOGO Lights ON

3.) Wing Inspection lights only during the inspection ON, otherwise OFF

4.) Before Start: BEACON ON

5.) Cleared to Taxi: RECOG/TAXI Lights ON

6.) Entering runway: STROBE LIghts ON

7.) Cleared for Takeoff: LANDING Lights ON

8.) After Takeoff: LANDING Lights OFF

9.) At 10.000 or 18.000ft  RECOG/TAXI Lights OFF (LOGO Lights OFF)

10.) At 10.000 or 18.000ft RECOG/TAXI Lights ON (LOGO Lights ON)

11.) Cleared to Land : LANDING Lights ON

12.) After Landing LANDING and STROBE Lights OFF

13) Approaching ramp: RECOG/TAXI Lights OFF (Because of dazzling)

14.) After engine shutdown: BEACON OFF

15.) Just before APU or GPU are OFF: NAV and LOGO Lights OFF 

Any corrections welcome.

Kind regards,

Herbert

For those using this guide for your setup - you can simplify a few things in this- 

- GENs can be left in AUTO at all times, even when shutting everything down. 

- Bleed air panel should be left in AUTO at all times. The auto bleed system works very well for all situations. The manual bleed subpanel panel should be left in ISOL Closed and BOTH ENG - the start logic will kill the packs either way for engine start. This system only there to manually isolate faulty bits if the auto system doesn't work as intended. 

- Recirc Fan should and can be left on at all times, except when doing a full power down.

- close the APU door as soon as you shut it off, it will stay open as long as the APU is still spinning and close itself afterwards, but at least you won't forget to come back to it later. 

If you're doing a turn or a couple quick flights back to back this will help streamline to real world ops and simplify things :)

Luc,

I hope the APU door system on the 700/900 is more robust than on the 200. Since you fly the 200 as well, I’m sure you have encountered the “DOOR INHIBIT CLOSED” message from time to time when trying to start the APU during descent or after landing. Normally not difficult for maintenance to clear the fault, but “no APU for you” until it is cleared.

The APU door position sensing system on the 200 is a poorly-designed cheap piece of [censored]

2 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

Luc,

I hope the APU door system on the 700/900 is more robust than on the 200. Since you fly the 200 as well, I’m sure you have encountered the “DOOR INHIBIT CLOSED” message from time to time when trying to start the APU during descent or after landing. Normally not difficult for maintenance to clear the fault, but “no APU for you” until it is cleared.

The APU door position sensing system on the 200 is a poorly-designed cheap piece of [censored]

The APU door was indeed overhauled for the -900 from the -200. The pushbutton is different, speed limits are almost non-existent compared to the -200. If you need it, it's there. Way way way better 

Archived