New release 1.15 pending

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, MDA/DH is re-named to BARO/RADIO, on the APPR Page and on the FMA

I'm not trying to be difficult, but that design change makes no sense to me and deviates from operational realism in a significant manner with respect to usability. MDA (Minimum Decision Height) is a particular pressure altitude entered, not a BARO reference and of course DH is the . What is the value in making this change other than potentially causing confusement by breaking something that was already modeled and labeled correctly? So, the "train your brain" philosophy doesn't apply to this case, but applies to people wanting the ability to display pounds instead of Kg for fuel?

I'm just trying to understand what the purpose of this change is. Please enlighten me.

I did not file a ticket, so they said nothing. Every hotfix, and releases makes it better, but at times it can be annoying.

@patrick1246 is saying VNAV works 100%? Can someone maybe clarify?

I'm not trying to be difficult, but that design change makes no sense to me and deviates from operational realism in a significant manner with respect to usability. MDA (Minimum Decision Height) is a particular pressure altitude entered, not a BARO reference and of course DH is the . What is the value in making this change other than potentially causing confusement by breaking something that was already modeled and labeled correctly? So, the "train your brain" philosophy doesn't apply to this case, but applies to people wanting the ability to display pounds instead of Kg for fuel?

I'm just trying to understand what the purpose of this change is. Please enlighten me.

Honestly, ask Airbus.

We follow their manuals and try to keep to a FMS "version" standard. One example of airbus doing cosmetic changes like this is from the vdev "pink" dot to "green" dot. Reason? I have no idea, just trying to standardize things.

I'll enlighten you.

The purpose is to match the same modification which aircraft fitted with FMGS Rel. 1A.

If you don't believe us, have a gander at this (from a document listing differences from Rel. 2+ -> Rel 1A);

osgwTWL.jpg

OK after 10+ crash landings I finally got the "approach logic" of this beautiful bird :ididit_s: .

I must activate the approach phase 20+nm and push the loc 15nm before landing.

I must say that the loc capture make the bird turn strange but it's ok since the approach wasn't straight. I managed at last to make 3 continuous smooth landings to different airports and i'm very happy!

The guy above was right. The FMC values are predictions and after takeoff it corrects them by itself.

Any screenshots of the new left MCDU (seperate window shift+2)?

What exactly would you expect to see?

There are not so many visible changes, it is more the way the system operates which changed, but that will only result in a different aircraft behaviour which is hard to capture on screenshots.

Best will be if you give us a little bit more time and then you can try it yourself ;)

code optimized doesn't mean you can see a difference on the ND, it means only the C++ Code is optimized

Thanks. Which other systems were recoded/optimized? Ex. Managed Flight, etc?

code optimized doesn't mean you can see a difference on the ND, it means only the C++ Code is optimized

OK I see , Can I ask a question though ! is it possible to optimize the formulas you used with MATLAB software in order to get better results ? (maybe you did it already , just wondering)

What exactly would you expect to see?

There are not so many visible changes, it is more the way the system operates which changed, but that will only result in a different aircraft behaviour which is hard to capture on screenshots.

Best will be if you give us a little bit more time and then you can try it yourself ;)

Why is it highlighted if there is no changes compared to current version?

View system

o MCDU (separate window)

o The left MCDU can be opened as a separate window. The key combination to open

this window has been changed and is now SHIFT+2.

OK I see , Can I ask a question though ! is it possible to optimize the formulas you used with MATLAB software in order to get better results ? (maybe you did it already , just wondering)

You don't need Matlab for P3D/FSX Gauge Programming, just C++ or alternatively XML programming and I am sure Aerosoft is up to standards on this. Maybe some algorithms could be polished to be more accurate like the LNAV calculator. I am sure they are aware of this.

Why is it highlighted if there is no changes compared to current version?

View system

o MCDU (separate window)

Emi did not say there were no changes compared to the current version............ he said there are not so many visible changes........ so the changes that you mention are made but not a change that can be seen in a screenshot.

Roy

Emi did not say there were no changes compared to the current version............ he said there are not so many visible changes........ so the changes that you mention are made but not a change that can be seen in a screenshot.

Roy

Hi Roy, thanks for clarification, so this meens that all the changes that are made in the left MCDU is also changed in the seperate window left MCDU? :-)

Copy/paste from readme.PDF file:

 MCDU (left)

o ALTN Functions significantly reworked

o SEC FPLN significantly reworked

o Minor Fixes to DME Arcs

o GO AROUND phase problems mostly solved

o CI Range changed to 0‐999

o Independant Radios for VOR1,VOR2,ILS1

o Added full support for LOC Approach

o BRG/DIST in PROG page updated constantly now.

o ”CF" waypoint was on the wrong side when selecting a runway without finalapproach

o VAPP in PERF APPR page changeable

o DH changed to RADIO, MDA changed to BARO

o RADIO accepts 'NO' as a field

o ALT Predications significantly reworked

o PPOS Mode added after discon

o Some cases of wrong HOLD exit curved fixed

o Vspeeds Fixed

 View System

o MCDU (separate window)

Archived