New release 1.15 pending

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Werner,

FS2Crew uses a 'mute' key, while MCE employs a 'push-to-talk' key for interfacing with RC4.3. So silencing one addon should activate the other - pretty much like FS2Crew combined with VoxATC.

Danke ! :!

Just to let you all know the status on FS2Crew for the brilliant Aerosoft Airbus.

Voice Control Version:

We'll be releasing an update as the latest Airbus update makes a couple small changes which we need to account for in V1.5.

We'll release the update at the same time as we release the Button Control version. See below.

Button Control Version:

It's basically done and beta testing is finished. We'll be releasing it at the end of September.

Button Control is for people who don't like talking to their computers or who can't set their speech recognizer to English - US for whatever reason, but still want an ultra realistic FS2Crew style flight crew with multiple accent sets.

1176264_590628800989196_1217915927_n.png

Cheers,

Hi,

can you explain a little bit more, please?

FS2Crew adds an Virtual FO to the Airbus. So does MCE, but FS2Crew is miles better (my opinion)

I

But MCE has more, f.e. voice commands for Radar Contact ATC.

As I dont want to loose my FS2Crew, is it possible to install MCE and only use thinks you want additionale?

What Tests have you done, with the "no issue" result

Thank you!

I believe you can have FS2Crew and MCE running at the same time.

It's good to have options, and it's awesome that Aerosoft is including so much immersive extra content into the Airbus. B)

I have watched / listented to many MCE videos on YouTube, and it is definitely not for me - the audio playback is just not acceptable for my own standards. The way words are chopped and thrown together just sounds robotic and unrealistic.... (yes I know that it has even improved, but unfortunately I'm still referring to the latest versions).

Although clearly the functionality itself is impressive.

The MCE guys really (IMHO) need to sit down and look closely at voice recordings, keeping them level and homogenous (some words are a lot louder than others, or phrased out of context), and also the timing between the playback of files, as some words cut off the end of the previous word (sound file overlap).

It could be impressive, but for me the way the voice audio is played back kills it at present.

FS2Crew on the other hand, is absolutely fantastic in how audio is used and stringed; so much more immersive and realistic IMHO.

But as I said........... it's just really great to have the options. :)

Is it that difficult to convert yourself - you literally can google the converted values!

BTW, the only kg figure really needed is the fuel weight - do that calculation without any calculator. It trains your brain!!!!

Thanks for the rude response. It's not a question of my ability to convert. I do it all the time. it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to do for the developer. I fly for an American VA, so all my flights are done in lbs. It would just be nicer to paln that way also.

One problem with these forums where members are supposed to help other members is that there are too many thoughtless members responding. Please let the developer answer a question that is obviously only answerable by him.

Bob

Thanks for the rude response. It's not a question of my ability to convert. I do it all the time. it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to do for the developer. I fly for an American VA, so all my flights are done in lbs. It would just be nicer to paln that way also.

One problem with these forums where members are supposed to help other members is that there are too many thoughtless members responding. Please let the developer answer a question that is obviously only answerable by him.

Bob

No, let me thank you ...

It isn't hard to implement; that's why it wasn't discarded in the first place. But for sure it's not high priority either; that's why it hasn't been implemented yet.

The developer has answered your question numerous times already. IMO it would be more thoughtful not to ask this question over and over again.

It's good to have options, and it's awesome that Aerosoft is including so much immersive extra content into the Airbus. B)

I have watched / listented to many MCE videos on YouTube, and it is definitely not for me   - the audio playback is just not acceptable for my own standards.   The way words are chopped and thrown together just sounds robotic and unrealistic....  (yes I know that it has even improved, but unfortunately I'm still referring to the latest versions).                  

Although clearly the functionality itself is impressive.

The MCE guys really (IMHO) need to sit down and look closely at voice recordings, keeping them level and homogenous (some words are a lot louder than others, or phrased out of context), and also the timing between the playback of files, as some words cut off the end of the previous word (sound file overlap).

It could be impressive, but for me the way the voice audio is played back kills it at present.

FS2Crew on the other hand, is absolutely fantastic in how audio is used and stringed;   so much more immersive and realistic IMHO.

But as I said........... it's just really great to have the options.   :)

It really is two different products. Fs2crew offers whole sentences recorded and only interacts if the developer provides a means to do so. You are then limited to just a fixed set of answers or phrases, you cannot deviate or it may hang. But some people like that and cal it the best and professional, like you said, personal choice.

MCE appears to have gone the other way, there are no fixed responses, no fixed answers, you dont have to learn a fixed set of phrases to interact with the engine, handles atc, reads weather, but to do so it needs to stitch the words together, there is no other way or I imagine the sound recording download would be 2 or 3 Gigabytes! Plus dont forget you can create your own checklist and flows for the first officer to action. I cant see how one package is more professional than the other, it is wonderful for Aerosoft to include this in the pack, just like they did with fs2crew's raas product.

Sent from my Mobile thing

Sorry but just having just watched the Airbus video on the MCE website, MCE is truly awful compared to the AXE co-pilot

... or compared to FS2Crew, that btw works better also with voice recognition than MCE.

Thanks for not shoving MCE down my throat in AXE.

Sabre10.

PS: FS2Crew + VAC is a much better combination if you really want to dig into voice recognition. Both have HARD MUTE mode if you know what I mean. That makes a great difference past MCE.

... or compared to FS2Crew, that btw works better also with voice recognition than MCE.

Thanks for not shoving MCE down my throat in AXE.

Sabre10.

PS: FS2Crew + VAC is a much better combination if you really want to dig into voice recognition. Both have HARD MUTE mode if you know what I mean. That makes a great difference past MCE.

What's VAC?

Hello,

The 1.15 update list in the document under "MCDU (left)" says: Vspeeds Fixed. This means that we will not have anymore to use other ways (like TPC) to get the right Vspeeds?

Thanks a lot.

Ciao

Hello,

The 1.15 update list in the document under "MCDU (left)" says: Vspeeds Fixed. This means that we will not have anymore to use other ways (like TPC) to get the right Vspeeds?

Thanks a lot.

Ciao

Yes, it should more or less be correct now.

True, but their ability to "interface" with the mighty Airbus will be very, very limited.

But not everybody has an English Windows and the button edition isn't that great. It is useful on my PMDG, but not great.

Archived