Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

As Mathijs wrote, there is a demand of a professional customer. And that's the reason why they are thinking about a A330. The A340 is a completely different aircraft and therefore would be another project.

Ok thank you very much for this information :)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question...

Will be this funtional?

cockpit_lighting_overhead_control_panel.jpg

Juan

1) yes

2) so to say. Switch doesn't move, but effecft takes place if 1) is turned on

3) Yes, but only on/off (without the DIM position)

4) Yes, but only illuminates those switches animated and functional.

As Mathijs wrote, there is a demand of a professional customer. And that's the reason why they are thinking about a A330. The A340 is a completely different aircraft and therefore would be another project.

well, the A340 is very much like the A330, just not in terms of performance and number of engines.

just not in terms of performance

in other words those things which take a lot of time to simulate correctly... Fuel, weight and balance, performance and the whole cost index simulation depends on the size of the aircraft and the number of engines. This can eat up several months...

[ironic] Sounds easy, doesnt´t it?[/ironic]

in other words those things which take a lot of time to simulate correctly... Fuel, weight and balance, performance and the whole cost index simulation depends on the size of the aircraft and the number of engines. This can eat up several months...

[ironic] Sounds easy, doesnt´t it?[/ironic]

yea, that's true, I've learned that in my time on this forum :)

Hello Mathijs, first of all thanks for the anticipation on the A318/319, I'm really glad that Aerosoft has decided to develop the smaller members of the family.

Now, going back to the point, I'd like to know if You guys are planning to give the IAE engines their correct EPR indication on the ECAM in the future?

Another question I'd like to ask is about the versions: if we buy the FSX version will we be able to install it on P3D too or will they be separate version which we'll have to buy separately?? I'm asking because I'm planning to get P3D, but V2 of P3D is scheduled to be released in a few months time, so in the meantime I'll have to stick to FSX.

Kind regards

Alessandro

Re-upping my questions, probably Mathijs was overwhelmed by the volume of posts in the last few days and didn't saw mine.

Re-upping my questions, probably Mathijs was overwhelmed by the volume of posts in the last few days and didn't saw mine.

Hi Alessandro,

We are very reluctant to give any information about any future versions as to avoid certain potential customers saying " I thought XXX will be implemented!!!?! "

As far as I am aware, the P3D and FSX is together in terms of product (not separate products) and time of release (when it releases) .

It's very great that you're planning to do an A330 in 2013. You'll be able to use a lot of the technologies used in the Airbus X Extended. I assume because we'll already have a medium aircraft with the Airbus X Extended a lot of people would like the A330 to be the next project. But if you do the A330, please do both models (A332 and A333) with all 3 engine types (PW, RR and GE) - It would be great if an EPR indication instead of N1 indication would be available for PW and RR Engines. (Unlike the Airbus X Extended where, if I understood right, the IAE Engine won't have an EPR indication, but N1 like the CFM Engines)

About the Airbus X Extended:

We're all waiting every day now, and it's a good decision to deliver it as a christmas present :D - And of course: It was a good decision to wait with the release when it wasn't finished.

EDIT: Another question: Do you recommend do uninstall the "old" Airbus X before installing the Airbus X Extended?

Hi Alessandro,

We are very reluctant to give any information about any future versions as to avoid certain potential customers saying " I thought XXX will be implemented!!!?! "

As far as I am aware, the P3D and FSX is together in terms of product (not separate products) and time of release (when it releases) .

Copied, thanks a lot for your answers.

Kind regards,

Alessandro

ah okay good to know... thank you ;)

To add to Otto's response; I'm not sure why you would want both products installed when the Airbus X Extended does the same plus more than Airbus X and does it a lot better.

But, entirely up to you of course.

I am still amazed at the quality of the lines and curves that are so good and smoothed out so well... even when it uses less poly, relative to the earlier version wich uses more poly.

Machu

Archived