Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

I´m quite sure You will need an internet connection for installing it, but what he mean is that it won´t need to be registered via the AS Launcher or ASE.

But for compaing You email adress with the associated registration code a connection will be needed.

Finn

Thank you!

I do not love online activation ... But I will buy this cool plane, because I love Aerosoft! ;)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mathjis, thanks for the shots they are awesome. One question: are the pilot and the copilot animated from external views. I mean can u see them doing some random movements? Or not? Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I had asked this too... as per PMDG MD11... looks great form teh outside but who knows how difficult or frame taxing it is... thats for the dev's to know eh! :)

A question about check list function of extended.

Does Co-piliot contol items actually? not only scripts and sound?

And does the function detect buttons are on/off and some right or wrong?

I did read the step-by-step manual, but I can't get it.

A question about check list function of extended.

Does Co-piliot contol items actually? not only scripts and sound?

And does the function detect buttons are on/off and some right or wrong?

I did read the step-by-step manual, but I can't get it.

You are slightly correct. The checklist function handles sounds and callouts, and the co-pilot function actually controls items, moving appropriate switches and entering some appropriate data (go-around altitude in the FCU is an example).

You can choose to have them both on, or have the checklist function on and co-pilot function off (sounds and callouts only), or have them both off.

• Aerosoft

This may be a bit OT (don't know, really) but I always wondered how these AIRAC cycles work together with FSX. Isn't there a chance that the newest AIRAC cycle enables you to select a runway for landing that's not there in FSX (because it is gone or because it is new)? I've always wondered what the good thing about new AIRAC if you are still flying in a sim that (for the most part) has airports from 2006...? Is there a huge advantage I am overlooking or do some poeple simply like to have the latest greatest database...?

Yes, the database that comes with FSX matches the default scenery. But as we update the scenery (new airports, new rwunways) it starts to make more and more sense to update the database as well.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

Sorry i have a question (i think i am not the only one):

What does this mean for the release (i know this question is not very popular ;))? The problems with the mcdu is sorted out?

Thank you for clearifying.

It has been reduced to a level we feel comfortable with. We'll keep on working on it though.

I have a question again :)

Can extended input GPS positions? like NATs 30N20, 26w28, ETC ..

And can input detailed GPS positions? like a N3734.7E12658.6 (This is position of my House. hehe)

I get the feeling the release is getting extremely close just based on the updates being posted here by Mathijs et al. Sounds like the situation with the MCDU issues etc are looking much more positive.

Btw has anyone tried the new A320 online training package by AviaTrainX?? I'm sorely tempted to pay for it and learn the Airbus that way. It looks like it's very in depth and the cost is very reasonable too. Plus it goes into things like NPAs which I've never really understood terribly well. Radar Contact makes it far too easy to be lazy with its vectored approaches =/.

Not long now...

Sorry Mathijs,

But what do you mean? Could you possibly collaborate a bit regarding what 'lies beneath'? :)

Have the troubles, which has kept you from releasing the past 3-4 months, been fixed, or? Or is the progress of troubleshooting simply going so well, that the optimism is just to much to bear? :)

Looking forward to this one! Still nursing a small hope of a release before Christmas.. :)

• Aerosoft

Sorry Mathijs,

But what do you mean? Could you possibly collaborate a bit regarding what 'lies beneath'? :)

Have the troubles, which has kept you from releasing the past 3-4 months, been fixed, or? Or is the progress of troubleshooting simply going so well, that the optimism is just to much to bear? :)

Looking forward to this one! Still nursing a small hope of a release before Christmas.. :)

Yes the big problems have been sorted out, we are now tweaking parameters. Not willing to give out a release date right but it's close.

Yes the big problems have been sorted out, we are now tweaking parameters. Not willing to give out a release date right but it's close.

Wow! Thanks alot ... was more than I was hoping for :)

I'm would of course not ask for release-dates! Through the 'looking-glass' it can only bring bad things along... :)

I'm actually kinda curious... Could you give us a look behind the scenes... what was the problem with the drawing of the flightplan/MCDU? (<-- that was the problem, wasn't it?)

Sorry if I'm mistaken - I just saw a couple of pictures of weird routes being drawn on the ND.

Keep up the amazing work... Thanks a million to ALL of the beta-testers who obviously has given so much effort, time and dedication to this project! :) And of course to Mathijs himself... Who I believe has grown a bit tired of this project (or of the problems which kept to elude them) as the months went by...

Again thanks!

12/12/12 at 12:12 could be a good release date :boingy_s:

No, seriously, nice to hear big problems are solved. That means all the "bigbugs" has been fixed and you are only tweaking. That sounds great!!

Keep it going guys, you're close! :D

@Mathijs: Did you receive a PM from me regarding routes? ;)

I have a question again :)

Can extended input GPS positions? like NATs 30N20, 26w28, ETC ..

And can input detailed GPS positions? like a N3734.7E12658.6 (This is position of my House. hehe)

You can enter waypoints like 4510N, which stands for 45 degrees north and 10 degrees west.

You can create a fix with the coordinates of your house, and enter that fix in the flightplan, to overfly your house. ;)

Archived