Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, any news about the printer?

Yes, it works. We can print out performance sheets with V speeds etc. On a few systems (2 of the 50 testers) we have issues though that we do not know how to fix, with more reports of problems with it a pattern will emerge for sure. Bit of a strange issue as it is just a txt file that is send to the printer queue. How that can go wrong???

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it the same printer and driver? How is the printer configured on each of the testers' systems? If there are any differences or anomalies in the printer subsystem of those two test systems, that is most likely an issue?

It could also be a language issue. Are they German locales or different language setups?

A

• Aerosoft

Is it the same printer and driver? How is the printer configured on each of the testers' systems? If there are any differences or anomalies in the printer subsystem of those two test systems, that is most likely an issue?

It could also be a language issue. Are they German locales or different language setups?

A

The printer driver etc should not matter as we send the print command to windows, not to the printer directly. That's what makes it weird. But we'll sort it out. Should be a simple thing.

I installed a new system in march..Until that new system I only fly Airbus X ( from the first release day), and before it was wilco Airbus..

I ONLY fly airbus..

Since my new system I didn´t install Airbus X, because I wanted to wait for the Extended..

So have not been flying for a long time now :(..

Very very few topics I have written here..but following it every day :)..

I fly online, offline..Have spend many money on software and a GREAT computer hardware..

I just want to say thanks for what I think will be the best FSX add-on airbus ever and for many years in the future :)

And I know you don´t comment on release dates..

But something says me, that I will be in the sky within a week with an great new airbus :)

Chris from Denmark

• Deputy Sheriffs

I installed a new system in march..Until that new system I only fly Airbus X ( from the first release day), and before it was wilco Airbus..

I ONLY fly airbus..

Then you should change your forum name! :P

As you can see I am a Beta tester for the new Bus and boy are you guys really going to love this aircraft.

Beautiful geometry through out and the VC is to die for ...

All I can say is that when she is released you will be putting alot of your previous aircraft to the back of your hangers

Over & Out. .

Stevo

The printer driver etc should not matter as we send the print command to windows, not to the printer directly. That's what makes it weird. But we'll sort it out. Should be a simple thing.

But the configuration of the printer is under Windows Mathijs, so something different in the printer driver settings in Windows could cause the error. These two machines must have some other configuration, which is why I mentioned the possible language settings...

But I am sure you guys will find out what the issue is...

A

Hello everybody.

Is there a real pilots among a Beta testers?

Not only one, but serveral also including real Airbus drivers with alot of experience who really are active in the beta testing (thats why it takes so long, getting to a point where they are pleased and feel at home).

Finn

Hi Mathijs,

I posted this some time ago, but you didn't answer, so maybe you now see it. :) Thank you in advance.

is an advanced touch-down-sound included?

I really detest the standard-FSX sound which is only hearing the gear rolling when touching down.

Maybe you can just add a realistic touch-down-sound and maybe include 5(more/less) versions for different sinkrates(maybe 0-100, 100-200, 200-350, 350-500, >500ft/min[ <-- in this case maybe crash sound. :D ]).

It really increases realistic atmosphere and you just hear how you actually touched down, if it was good or not.

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs,

I posted this some time ago, but you didn't answer, so maybe you now see it. :) Thank you in advance.

is an advanced touch-down-sound included?

I really detest the standard-FSX sound which is only hearing the gear rolling when touching down.

Maybe you can just add a realistic touch-down-sound and maybe include 5(more/less) versions for different sinkrates(maybe 0-100, 100-200, 200-350, 350-500, >500ft/min[ <-- in this case maybe crash sound. :D ]).

It really increases realistic atmosphere and you just hear how you actually touched down, if it was good or not.

No, but it is one of the issues we got online for SP1. I do like the idea a lot, but it is not easy to implement correctly.

As you can see I am a Beta tester for the new Bus and boy are you guys really going to love this aircraft.

Beautiful geometry through out and the VC is to die for ...

All I can say is that when she is released you will be putting alot of your previous aircraft to the back of your hangers

Over & Out. .

Stevo

All I have presently is the NGX and MD-11 , so plenty of room in my hanger :)

Plenty of other aircraft in the boneyard which will never see the light of day again.

-

Archived