Airbus X Extended Preview (topic closed, product released)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Special Offer on the front page this week. Could you be keeping the space for a discount on LOWW Mathijs? :-)

There will be most probably a discount on LOWW at least, when the bus is released. ;)

Well not really, they are getting a bit upset when we ask them to fly the same route over and over and over (some have done that bit 100 times by now) only to see the same bug every single time. See the issues we are now debugging are really only visible when you fly a complete flight. So one single test takes an hour. Every time, over and over again.

Ok, i didn't think that!

So, thank you Beta Tester to make this busy job :bow_down2_s: But it's for our happyness! :excellenttext_s:

Slow progress today, debugging is highly frustrating.

As that is going on I have pulled another function that was actually planned for much later forward. We will try to get the printer to work. It will allow you to print a performance sheet with V data etc so you get that from your own printer. Pretty cool. That's why I was asking about the ASSDT term on the main forum, it is one of the parameters on the performance sheet.

Not sure how that feature can change my flight simulation experience, however it's for sure unique and only for that the Airbus X Extended is worth buying :lol:

Guest CAT3Dual

Not sure how that feature can change my flight simulation experience, however it's for sure unique and only for that the Airbus X Extended is worth buying :lol:

It's not unique. ;) FSLabs ConcordeX has already a "print" function with its performance calculator.

But another cool feature would be: After a hard landing, your printer automatically starts printing a failure report :D

It's not unique. ;) FSLabs ConcordeX has already a "print" function with its performance calculator.

But another cool feature would be: After a hard landing, your printer automatically starts printing a failure report :D

Didn't know that.... for me it's still outstanding however :lol:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Complaining about hard landings is left to FSPassengers ;)

it's previously created by the dispatch, but not loaded into the FMGS. Some company routes are, but if the actual route differs (for example due to weather) then pilots will have to enter the new route manually.

Is it (the flight plan) not preloaded for them (into the FMGS/FMC), from dispatch?

it's previously created by the dispatch, but not loaded into the FMGS. Some company routes are, but if the actual route differs (for example due to weather) then pilots will have to enter the new route manually.

That's it... Route is ready from dispatch in the briefing. But FMGS is empty when the pilots got into the plane. They have to set up all. Yeah, it is true that all companies add to database their routes, so when you enter LEMD/LEBL, for example, you have the option to directly choose the route and fly. But, if it is wrong or something, pilots must do it.

Well not really, they are getting a bit upset when we ask them to fly the same route over and over and over (some have done that bit 100 times by now) only to see the same bug every single time. See the issues we are now debugging are really only visible when you fly a complete flight. So one single test takes an hour. Every time, over and over again.

does fsx come with a debugging console? If not, it must be murder.

As that is going on I have pulled another function that was actually planned for much later forward. We will try to get the printer to work. It will allow you to print a performance sheet with V data etc so you get that from your own printer. Pretty cool. That's why I was asking about the ASSDT term on the main forum, it is one of the parameters on the performance sheet.

Thanks Mathijs, great function!!!

Very nice feature with the printer. However indulge me a question, if you don't mind:

Will the TO report ber able calculate the assumed TO distance on the given RWY, TOW, WIND and other info (like aTOPCAT Light edition), or will it merely be a copy of the TO page?

Mas

I have a question about VC animation.

Some many other products have same problem.

X's yoke moves slowly first then later it moves fastly. My joystick's movement of speed is consistent. But the movement of the stick speed is not consistent.

My joystick settting is 100% linear. There are no any non-linear or deadzone.

Extended can be fixed this??

(sorry poor English..)

• Deputy Sheriffs

The Airbus X Extended will be a stand-alone product. But owner of the old Airbus X will get a special price.

All infomations about this can be found here.

I could imagine that this has been asked before, but I find myself unable to keep track of all Airbus X threads. So here goes my question:

Will the top of climb / top of descent points be dynamically calculated and adapt accordingly if you change the cruise altitude or the route (e. g. by direct-to) in flight?

Thanks.

• Aerosoft

And company routes only have the airport and airways, not runways and SIDs/STARs. they always need to be inserted.

• Aerosoft

I have a question about VC animation.

Some many other products have same problem.

X's yoke moves slowly first then later it moves fastly. My joystick's movement of speed is consistent. But the movement of the stick speed is not consistent.

My joystick settting is 100% linear. There are no any non-linear or deadzone.

Extended can be fixed this??

(sorry poor English..)

I fully agree, but that is a base problem of FSX, very hard to work around and when we do the animation will not follow the movement of the aircraft.

• Aerosoft

I could imagine that this has been asked before, but I find myself unable to keep track of all Airbus X threads. So here goes my question:

Will the top of climb / top of descent points be dynamically calculated and adapt accordingly if you change the cruise altitude or the route (e. g. by direct-to) in flight?

Thanks.

They will be recalculated every few seconds. It was/is one of our hardest issues to sort out.

Archived