Prepar3d And Aerosoft products

davenicoll

Hi Guys,

I don't know if this is the correct forum to ask this question so I apologise in advance and please bump to the correct one.

I have numerous Aerosoft products...to many to list here..

Will they all work "Out of the Box" in Prepar3d or is there something extra that I need?

Dave

Good question Dave. I would know too, which products could be used in p3D.

Technically this should be not a big problem, despite for a few aircrafts, but it seems to be a problem with the EULA and / or the installer.

We´ll see if there will be an official statement by aerosoft. :)

Morning Guys,

so let me tell you some things.

First of all, most FSX Products works out of Box with P3D. This means the installation wont work, but if you copy all needed files from FSX -> P3D it will work (Please be sure we do not support that way, yet.).

For future products and special requested we ll deliver a special P3D installer (check here http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=catalog_list&s_group_id=066&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_design=DEFAULT&s_language=english ) all these installer will work with P3D and is the supported way from us.

Still products like AES have problems with AES, i think caus of the vistamare that isn't converted to P3D yet, but better Oliver or someone else could give a comment about that.

If you still have questions about P3D with our products feel free to ask.

Greets

Fabian

Thanks for that good information :-) Because I'll soon start to put my FS9 to grave and start with a new FS, I'm not sure what it would be yet. (XP10 or P3D) FSX is out of the picture.

Just one question tough, what do you mean by "special requested". Does that mean if for example I'd like to install Mega Airport Madrid in P3D (there's no P3D installer for that one yet), you can make it by request? Or is it something else?

PS this is just an example, not a request. At least not yet...

Hi Guys

As one that has both FSX and Prepar3D the answer is positive.

If you have a product in FSX you will have to remove it first.

Then make a folder on any drive named Microsoft Flight Simulator X(place in it the FSX application file)

When the installer starts it will want to start at the original spot.(where the original FSX is)

Browse and "show" him the new folder. (Microsoft Flight Simulator X)

After all the folders are there,copy and paste them into Prepar3D

When asked by the system if to replace them,answer yes(to all files and folders).

Now start Prepar3D and you will see the planes there.

If you place a scenery,follow the same procedure,but don't forget to add it

inside the sim(World/Scenery Library) You can also check C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\ Scenery file with the new lines

Please note it is on your personal risk. :big_boss_s:

Bye,

David

• 2 weeks later...

i would also appreciate a P3D installer for my Aerosoft products. Especially the Hamburg, Frankfurt and CDG (Paris) airports as well the Nordlichtern scenery. I will be moving away from FSX now that I sense that P3D is the platform for the future.

I wiill keep checking :)

Rolf

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi All,

are there any news regarding the porting of AES(Lite) to P3D?

Not that it is any urgent or so, it's just because it's really nice to have the traffic at the airports and around them :)

Of course I can sim without, but, ... yes, ... it's really nice an I have to admit, that I'm missing it a little bit :)

So, I don't want to make any pressure, but like to ask from time to time.

And if we just are at P3D and AS-Products:

Any suggestions, if or when there will be a patch/ update or anything to use the beloved Huey X in P3D?

Unfortunately there are Problems with the controls (Rudder and Cyclic, I posted it in the german forum, so sorry for the double posting here, but to ask here was still a convinient opportunity :embaressed_s::) ) so it is not usable in P3D and I really, really, really would love to have the Huey in P3D, because it's beside the Dodosim my favorite Helicopter.

And of course I would pay for such updates!

I think, every work you do to use some Addons, which are made for other programs, in P3D is worth to be payed, because it's extra work an beside of that, I really appreciate, that you support the users and still allow them, to use the SW in P3d, which is in my eyes not a matter of course (here my english is leaving me,in german i would say, "das ist nicht selbstverständlich").

Greetings

Marcus

Feel free to use Migration Tool to install Aerosoft addons into Prepar3D:

http://www.flightsim...-migration-tool

As has been stated, Aerosoft's addons are well-programmed and most of them work well in Prepar3D.

Indeed, Paavo. Other than the Bronco, which I re-downloaded with a P3D installer, all my FSX add-ons work perfecly in P3D, thanks to your amazing migration tool. That includes the Aerosoft Huey, Catalina and Beaver X, A2A's Accusim B-17 and Stratocruiser ( with COTS ), and scenery such as Tongass Fjords. I did a clean install of FSX and P3D before starting it all, but so far not a single problem.

The only thing I would say is that ORBX recommend that you install their FTX scenery to FSX and then use their own migrating tool ( unless the scenery has a P3D installer of course - then it can go into straight into P3D ).

For anybody moving across to P3D and wanting to take their FSX add-ons with them, the FS Estonia Migration Tool is essential, and one of the best flight sim utilities ever. Well done, Paavo !

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

[...] I really appreciate, that you support the users and still allow them, to use the SW in P3d,which is in my eyes not a matter of course (here my english is leaving me,in german i would say, "das ist nicht selbstverständlich").

I would say 'that is not obvious'.

Hi,

I recently (re-)installed P3D and might totally migrate from FSX to P3D in the future. After installing P3D 1.4 I was indeed able to install all products (mainly sceneries) I bought from Aerosoft (+ Mailsoft, for that matter) into P3D either via direct P3D installers provided or using the Estonian Migration tool. Aside a double entry for some libraries which I had to delete and a couple of paths I had to correct for whatever reason, the only pain were installers only proposing to "Repair/Delete" the corresponding package. These include around half of the Aerosoft installers, mainly newer ones. The manual of the Migration tool gives some hints how to handle them, which work, but are certainly not for inexperienced users, and in the long run I would prefer native P3D installers anyway.

Kind regards, Michael

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

I know, you'Ve got other things to to but I would like to push my further question a little bitt and would like to ask, if there are any news regarding getting the Huey X compatible to Prepar3D?

The last I've read about that was this (german) posting from Heinz at what he said, that it is planned to get the Huey compatible for P3D, but not yet, because they have a lot of work at the moment.

As this was in August last year I thought, it could be ok to ask again ;).

As it seems to be "only" a problem with the controls, which are handled by an external module, as there are the cyclic and the pedals and they basicly have some function, but not throughout the entire range, I hoped it could be only a little correction to get it compatible with P3D.

As I said earlier, for me it would be ok, if this would cost something.

But I really really would appeciate to have the Huey X in P3D.

Greetings

Marcus

• 3 months later...

How is P3D ?? No Errors I hope unlike FSX ?? You fly free all day long with no errors ?? Will Ultimate Traffic 2 work with it as well to add Airline AI.. Also will Active Sky 2012 & REX work in P3D ??

Hi,

I recently (re-)installed P3D and might totally migrate from FSX to P3D in the future. After installing P3D 1.4 I was indeed able to install all products (mainly sceneries) I bought from Aerosoft (+ Mailsoft, for that matter) into P3D either via direct P3D installers provided or using the Estonian Migration tool. Aside a double entry for some libraries which I had to delete and a couple of paths I had to correct for whatever reason, the only pain were installers only proposing to "Repair/Delete" the corresponding package. These include around half of the Aerosoft installers, mainly newer ones. The manual of the Migration tool gives some hints how to handle them, which work, but are certainly not for inexperienced users, and in the long run I would prefer native P3D installers anyway.

Kind regards, Michael

Archived