Twin Otter Extended Preview (FSX,P3D)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope this paint job is still in the package at the end.

A visit with a very special Otter. I drove by Viking today at lunch time to witness the birth of a new Twin Otter in all her green splendor. Having gazed on a brand spaking new one, I suddenly felt inspired to go spend time with her great grand daddy. "PAT" of the most famous Twin Otters on earth. This DHC-6 Twin Otter serial # 2, CF-PAT/C-FPAT is the highest time and arguably the most successful Twin Otter in the world. Dont' tell anyone but I actually hugged the nosecone when no one was looking. :)

Airframe History of C-FPAT - http://www.dhc-2.com...MAY2012_ORG.pdf

Here's the star of the show. Hope it's ok to post it here while we wait for the release of this model!

KszP.jpg

uYVtR.jpg

m65fP.jpg

5FZsX.jpg0Ke6F.jpg

Z9DIK.jpg

I9kh1.jpg

pQB4.jpg

7eMQB.jpg

WFaYn.jpg

Back Story

DHC-6 Twin Otter serial # 2, CF-PAT/C-FPAT is the highest time and arguably the most successful Twin Otter in the world. It was presented to the Museum on June 14, 2003 by Mrs. Rosella Borek. The aircraft was produced at deHavilland's Ontario plant as part of the original pre-production run. It was first registered on May 25, 1966 under the registration CF-SJB, shortly afterwards an 'X' was added to signify participation in the pre-production flight test certification program. Following the success of the flight test program, # 2 was sold in late 1967 to American carrier Air Commuter Ltd. to provide service. The Twin Otter provided intercity shuttle and air taxi services in many areas replacing such veteran types as the DC-3 and the Beech 18. Returning to Canada # 2 was acquired in 1968 by Pan-Arctic Oil Ltd. of Calgary and registered as CF-PAT, the "PA" standing for Pan-Arctic. The aircraft was based primarily in the NWT and was instrumental in the success of Pan Arctic’s exploration and development work in the north. In 1978, PAT was leased by Pan Arctic Oil to Ptarmigan Airways and then in October 1978 was acquired by Kenn Borek Air Ltd. It was frequently leased to other companies and earned its keep with a wide variety of northern and western operators. In nearly thirty years of bush flying, it has supported oil exploration, provided executive transport and responded to medical emergencies evacuating the sick from remote locations in the north. It has carried everything from people to oil exploration supplies to fuel to fish to sled dogs. Because of its long and outstanding service in the north and the exemplary contributions it has made to northern exploration and development and its service in western Canada, the Canadian Cultural Property Review Board has certified ‘PAT a Canadian cultural property, deemed to be of outstanding significance and national importance.

Mathijs,

Great to get an update. I am looking forward to the release! This has been one of my favorites since it came out. Its companion is the Beaver X. Can you confirm for me the status of a Beaver X Extended. As I remember from months ago this had been put on the "holding pattern" status. Do I have this correct?

Thanks.

• Aerosoft

Mathijs,

Great to get an update. I am looking forward to the release! This has been one of my favorites since it came out. Its companion is the Beaver X. Can you confirm for me the status of a Beaver X Extended. As I remember from months ago this had been put on the "holding pattern" status. Do I have this correct?

Thanks.

Yes but not written off.

@Nick C

Hi!

Not so sure...

This plane appears to be in serious hazard.

Altimeters disagree. The copilot is certainly flying above Dead Sea, as it flies at zero feet.

Engines are still delivering power though both tanks are empty and the corresponding alarms are flashing.

The cut off fuel levers on the engine fire panel are off.

Variometers show opposite directions. Pilot is climbing when copilot is going down. Both at the same airspeed.

I breathe...

@Nick C

Hi!

Not so sure...

Altimeters disagree. The copilot is certainly flying above Dead Sea, as it flies at zero feet.

Engines are still delivering power though both tanks are empty and the corresponding alarms are flashing.

Variometers show opposite directions. Pilot is climbing when copilot is going down. Both at the same airspeed.

I breathe...

lol all work on progress, don't worry about them.

Hi again, Happy Taxpayer(s)!

Yes, I do worry!

I wonder if FAA is going to give its approval. Don't forget the 787 and all its electrical misconceived systems!

Hi again, Happy Taxpayer(s)!

Yes, I do worry!

I wonder if FAA is going to give its approval. Don't forget the 787 and all its electrical misconceived systems!

Qu'est-ce que la FAA ont à la poste Twin Otter d'Aerosoft?

Mr. Kok,

I assume that you'll retire the current Twotter X when this is released... will it still be available for download/purchase/freeware/support to users/customers?

Also, (regardng the Twotter X EXTENDED) ...

Is the aircraft nose visible (modeled) from inside the VC?

I distinctly remember that someone commented about that being a issue about the previous Twotter X.

Merci.

Hello! My small question: will be nose gear turnable in outside view? Thanx.

When the plane sits on the ground, the nose gear will be logically turnable.

Once airborne, like on the real thing, the nose gear will be locked. This is different behaviour compared to the old twinotter model.

Mr. Kok,

I assume that you'll retire the current Twotter X when this is released... will it still be available for download/purchase/freeware/support to users/customers?

I distinctly remember that someone commented about that being a issue about the previous Twotter X.

Merci.

Nose is visible from within the cockpit, yes.

@Nick C

Hi!

Not so sure...

I breathe...

I think You don´t know what "preview forum" or "work in progress" means - better keep out of here until after release and You won´t need to worry anymore.

Finn

• Aerosoft

Mr. Kok,

Merci.

The old model will be taken offline, but not made freeware.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think You don´t know what "preview forum" or "work in progress" means - better keep out of here until after release and You won´t need to worry anymore.

Dear Finn,

He got you! This was humour, don't worry! :lol:

Archived