Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

• Aerosoft

Good night everybody

It's my first post (please excuse me, my english isn't very well).

The "bus" is very,very nice !!!

Congratulations for your job !

I think i read all the post but i have just one question

Will this be fully compatible with VR Insight CDU II ?

Your English is fine, don't worry!

We have tried to keep everything as mush as possible to the standards of FSX to make it easy to connect especially these things up to the aircraft. I do not expect any problems there.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

is it just in the Beta or can't be switched off all systems also in the end product

You'll be able to switch of all systems (the electrical system is rather well simulated) except the main battery bus that is always on in these airbusses (you will for instance always see the digital voltage indicators on unless you disconnect the batteries physically.

• Upvote 2

Blackhawk , I think that you are missing the point here . I and the other painters have been accused of theft .

John, without adding fuel to the fire, I did not read anything where the painters were accused of theft (or rather piracy in this case). I only read that Aerosoft is pretty sure it was one of the repainters and I feel there is a big difference. It's also a fact that the pirate is a user of Aerosoft software and you can't say that all Aerosoft users are accused of theft. Bigger group but the same principle.

• Upvote 5

Great shots!!!!

It is really hard to wait for the release, I have my CC ready.

Can we expect a short video in the near future (for the release)?

Peter

After the superb VC images Nick is now doing the photo session of the external model. Check out this first sample, you would swear it is a real aircraft:

aerosoft_airbus_54.jpg

1613831.jpg

It looks good, but too bad the flag and registration have been switched. And I feel the original is slightly whiter...

The yellow stripe is slightly too low, the text behind 'Iberia' seems too high and too light.

From this angle, the original does not seem to be so shiny btw, just like the model

• Aerosoft

It looks good, but too bad the flag and registration have been switched. And I feel the original is slightly whiter...

The yellow stripe is slightly too low, the text behind 'Iberia' seems too high and too light.

From this angle, the original does not seem to be so shiny btw, just like the model

Darned we had the yellow stripe, but we missed the flag and registration, thanks for noticing that.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Paints and exterior model look great but still no shine? It appears that aircraft has never been waxed and looks very dull.

PMDG B744 example

Darryl Enault

No we'll not make them that clean. But you'll see from the other images the reflections are pretty stunning. We just believe they look better this way, more realistic. It's a BIG job to wash an aircraft you know. We also feel a slightly less reflective surface looks a lot better in motion.

Keep in mind that the reflections are a lot influenced by the graphics card, they simply look different on different machines. On my own machine they reflect a bit more then on the image shown. And of course the image of the 747 was taken with a low positioned light source so that creates a lot more reflections while the shots from Nick were done with the sun high in the sky, you simply can not compare those two conditions.

• Upvote 2

That's OK, many people like their planes with dirt but is it required to be so as part of the paintkit (like Captin Sim's repiants all have the same dirt)?

No we'll not make them that clean. But you'll see from the other images the reflections are pretty stunning. We just believe they look better this way, more realistic. It's a BIG job to wash an aircraft you know.

Darryl

After the superb VC images Nick is now doing the photo session of the external model. Check out this first sample, you would swear it is a real aircraft:

aerosoft_airbus_54.jpg

A class of its own! But one more tiny detail:

The IBERIA-logo on the engines should be painted in the darker of the two IBERIA-red' s, I think.

Hi to everybody,

I would like to ask something about the cockpit window.

When we open the window, we can choose until where we want it open, or the whole window opens?

HAVE A NICE AND HAPPY EASTER!

• Upvote 1

I'm curious to know more about this Boeing 737 XD, Although Yes its an Airbus Right there, But i see that sneaky 737 back there... :)

AI my friend.

While taking these pictures yesterday, I also discovered an AI Concorde in a Quantas livery! I think somebody has a sense of humour. ;)

• Upvote 4

AI my friend.

While taking these pictures yesterday, I also discovered an AI Concorde in a Quantas livery! I think somebody has a sense of humour. ;)

Hah hah ok thanks XD

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

That's OK, many people like their planes with dirt but is it required to be so as part of the paintkit (like Captin Sim's repiants all have the same dirt)?

The paint kit has all that in separate layers so you tweak to your hearts delight!

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

I would like to ask something about the cockpit window.

When we open the window, we can choose until where we want it open, or the whole window opens?

Tjee, never heard that before! You sure want detail!

As far as I know the windows in the Airbus have to be held if you want to open them half. They will slide back if you do not. That's why there is a ratchet system at the end to keep them open and you have to use a small lever to unlock them so they can close. So I think you will excuse us if we do not model them opened halfway. You will hear the ratchet of course when you open the window!

• Upvote 3

Hi Mathijs,

just wondering if you have tried to use the VC with lcd screens in the 40/42 inches order.

I suppose that in this conditions the zoom use could be rare right?

regards

Gentlemen please, this is a flight simulator, the model is perfect and the paint scheme too, I cant imagine any one better! :rolleyes:

To the developers, you all made a great job!

Im waiting for flying this beauty

Regards

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs,

just wondering if you have tried to use the VC with lcd screens in the 40/42 inches order.

I suppose that in this conditions the zoom use could be rare right?

regards

mmmmm it sure would help a LOT but you keep the problem of the real thing being 3d and you are using a (large) 2d screen. Our eyes are very good at that stuff and it just does not work the same way in the sim. The displays scale up pretty good though.