Mega Airport Schiphol: Initial Release Issues.

Er!k

To bring up the subject again about the avioducts crossing the A4 highway and the Hoofdvaart, why can't it be done like with Munich?

Check these screenshots: http://www.forum.aer...ndpost&p=230458.

It does add so much to the realism!

Indeed! Absolutely stunning! I am only curious how AI traffic will behave when crossing the bridge...

Indeed! Absolutely stunning! I am only curious how AI traffic will behave when crossing the bridge...

Oliver has already stated, that the AI traffic is only able to correctly cross the bridge as longs as the bridge is on airport level, in case it is above the airport level (like in Leipzig) the traffic will go through the bridge and not across.

I never said it isn't, I only explainded what happen if it is not!

Yeah oke, lets hope the designers do there best to make this just like those screens

• Administrator

Hello,

we just received the final data for the FSX version as well as for the FS9 update of Amsterdam-Schiphol.

We have to perform some final tests and to program the installer and we hope we can release both within the next week.

This update requires an installed version of Mega Airport Amsterdam for FS2004 (V1.00)

Update 1.10 includes:

• ATC Tower has been enhanced
  • Distance to most objects has been corrected so now you will see buildings from a further distance
  • Taxi signs added *Backside of terminal B now has the gates that were missing.
  • Adds on gates changed to the correct ones.
  • The visitors balcony on the main terminal has been improved.
  • New stand alone exclude file for those that wants to manipulate with the AFCAD file.
  • Corrected Microsoft logo on the new Microsoft building.
  • De-icing apron now enhanced with tower and drive trough parking also with more correct apron markings, ladders and other objects.
  • Winter now looking better with a more stronger frosty look.
  • Rwy lightning has been improved as good as possible for now.
  • Some thought that roof textures were blurry, they have been sharpened a little.
  • All in all some cosmetical issues have been dealt with here and there.

Available form the Updates section at www.aerosoft.com

• Upvote 2

Hi Shawn,

thank you for your Info. Fast as always. I did not see any Info on the German support section so far.

Some things have been inproved so far, as you stated. What I have found out, during a quick look at Amsterdam:

The taxing aircraft are bouncing still on some parts of the taxiway (like you were taxing on gras surface).

I hoped that this issue would have be solved first. Maybe it will be fixed in the future.

Very best regards,

Jörg

Hi Shawn,

thank you for your Info. Fast as always. I did not see any Info on the German support section so far.

Some things have been inproved so far, as you stated. What I have found out, during a quick look at Amsterdam:

The taxing aircraft are bouncing still on some parts of the taxiway (like you were taxing on gras surface).

I hoped that this issue would have be solved first. Maybe it will be fixed in the future.

Very best regards,

Jörg

This issue might be solve only by disabling default AMS terrain in scenery.cfg. The issue is very common for almost ALL of the sceneries where default terrain/photoscenery exists.

This issue might be solve only by disabling default AMS terrain in scenery.cfg

And how would you do that, Dimon? I'd appreciate some help here because it might well solve and issue I have at Schipol

with DBS walk-and-follow, while moving all around the scenery the camera wont stay on ground level and I suspect it has something to do with this.

I just hope it's not due to the 'under the sea level' status of Schipol.

Thanks for the update Aerosoft people, I am looking forward to installing it tonight.

Arnaud,

I'am at work now and I'll get the update this evening. Meanwhile C9 EHAM has exactly the same problem with taxi bouncing. Thus, you need to disable (manually) photo layer of Amsterdam via scenery library menu in FS2004. In case if you have UTE_GEX, it won't hurt your aesthetic feelings about EHAM and Amsterdam presence in FS2004.

I don't have DBS (I still use old fashioned Active Camera). However, since AMS has negative elevation ( minus 14 if I remember correctly), in ACamera you need to manually adjust camera height from 6 feet to 8-9 feet. This will usually solve the problem.

The update is a really nice!

Found a fould though,

fs92010061019421270.png

That should be VM

Also WK = VK and WL = VL

Not a big issue but something for the next update.

This should be A parkings:

fs92010061020034315.png

There are still lots of faults in the scenery. Autogen where it doesn`t belong, missing ILS approaches for RWY 36/18, wrong radiuses at the gates and firm ground at many places of the airport is also missing. Performance has improved, nevertheless.

Unfortunately still some bugs in the scenery after the 1.10 update. Just to mention a few:

- B-pier numbering odd side is not correct. Missing 1 gate/aviobridge on the odd (eastern) side and numbering on bridge, pier and apron is different from each other at all positions.

- B-pier numbering even (western) side missing on apron.

- B30/B40-stands have been renamed to A.

- I am still missing a lot of taxi signs.

What bothers me is that the numbering of the B-pier can simply be found in the AIP or other apron charts. How difficult can it be just to check how many parking positions the pier has and double-check the numbers before releasing a bugfix in which this is mentioned as fixed?

Mark

• Upvote 1

Shaun,

Can you please clarify? The download page for the update shows a download size of 90Mb for the update, but the actual download is 15.5 Mb. Is this a typo or a mistake in the packaging?

Rob

I agree 100% here. This is an absolute nogo !!!

Can you elaborate on this for me, I am not sure I am following...

Thank you,

-P