Mega Airport Schiphol: Initial Release Issues.

Er!k

• Developer

Hi Shaun, Oliver, other Scenery Experts ...

I have a problem with one of my own programs which I don't understand and for which I could therefore use some advice, please.

Best Regards

Pete Dowson

Ok,

got it. Please make a backup from the old file, then replace it with the attached version.

I don't see any negativ effect to the scenery, but in this form it should not effect your tools, because now this file only includes the exclude areas to remove the default airport and objects.

But, I am not the designer, so maybe he had other ideas here, but I don't think so. I will forward the code to Cornel, so he can doublecheck it.

EDIT: I see that there are now some Bridges left of UTX, so I must finetune the Excludetags, so standby please ..

just done a departure out of eham ~FSX with horrible results,

worst fps i have experienced on this system.

i have i7 @ 3.83, gtx 480 [1.5gb ddr5] etc, and had 15fps in the Jetstream VC,, for comparison, i get 40fps at UK2000 heathrow, with photoreal ground for the whole of the UK..

very disheartened about it.

alex

So now,

problem on ACC-Pack installations should be fixed with the attached file. It have checked it on FSX ACC-Pack and SP2, both works correct now.

Hi Oliver,

I too, using ACC-Pack, suffered a night-time deterioration in frame rates from around 25 down to around 10 (this on an i7 980x clocked to 4.6GHz and a 4980GTX video card!). With this fixed file my frame rates are maintained, but at the cost of no runway lights. It seems to be similar in effect to simply removing the original EHAM_Rwys.BGL file.

Best Regards

Pete

• Developer

Hi Oliver,

I too, using ACC-Pack, suffered a night-time deterioration in frame rates from around 25 down to around 10 (this on an i7 980x clocked to 4.6GHz and a 4980GTX video card!). With this fixed file my frame rates are maintained, but at the cost of no runway lights. It seems to be similar in effect to simply removing the original EHAM_Rwys.BGL file.

Best Regards

Pete

When you had it with the old file, you should have it with the new one too, only without the framedrop. Can you please doublecheck that the file is correct in the Scenery folder. And restart the FSX, the file is only readed by starting the FSX.

When you had it with the old file, you should have it with the new one too, only without the framedrop.

Of course, that's what I expected, but it wasn't to be.

Can you please doublecheck that the file is correct in the Scenery folder. And restart the FSX, the file is only readed by starting the FSX.

Of course it is, I know that. Both files are there, I just change the suffix between "bgl" and "off1" or "off2". When FSX is loaded it says it is rebuilding its scenery indices.

We had exactly these problems with EireSim's Dublin scenery originally, with different solutions sent out which worked for some folks and not others. I don't know what it is with runway lighting but it certainly seems a lot more complicated than it should be! ;-)

Regards

Pete

When you had it with the old file, you should have it with the new one too, only without the framedrop.

Okay ... the problem with the lights not showing with the new file must have been related to the EXCL file, which I'd also removed temporarily as a test. I shouldn't try doing two different tests at the same time!

Your EHAM_RWYS replacement works okay with your EHAM_EXCL replacement. Thanks!

Pete

• Developer

Your EHAM_RWYS replacement works okay with your EHAM_EXCL replacement. Thanks!

Pete

Puh, nice. And did your MakeRunways Tool works too now?

I have another problem with AI traffic.

I have EHAM X normaly installed in FSX , I have the same drop by 50% in FPS as others , but I don't see AI airliner traffic anymore. Only GA tarffic and some shadows of airliners, but not the actual airliners itself. When I unable EHAM X, I see the airliners came back , but after activated EHAM X again, they disappear again.

I use the new AFX_EHAM_02.bgl.

Any idea , whay can cause this ?

best regards

Joop Mak

Hi Pete,

I try to take a look to this file, have a littebit problems to decompile it, but as fare as I can say: This file is Bull...

It should only have the exclude area's included, but as it seams to be made from a "Afcad", there are lot of unneeded and incomplete thinks in it.

I will try to fix it, otherwise Cornel must start to do his work himself.

Oliver while your at it several gates have 3d errors (wrong faces ;-)) can see through the gates for example near C6 ;)

Cheers,

André

• Developer

When you use AI Traffic Models, which are desiged based on the FS9 MDL's, the effect with not displayed AI aircrafts when the aircraft shadows are on is a known issue.

To fix that, the only options are to replace the AI Models to FSX conform version, to replace the Runway/Approachlights to custom made or to replace all the ground of he airport to a default AFXFile layout (not realy an option).

A custom runwaylights are very complex to build in EHAM and very hard to optimize to keep the frames as high as possible in this case.

• Developer

Oliver while your at it several gates have 3d errors (wrong faces ;-)) can see through the gates for example near C6 ;)

Cheers,

André

That's Conels job. The Jetway is ok, but he don't think about rotating jetways, so he missed some polies there.

• Developer

Hi Oliver,

Indeed it works! Thank you very much.

When taxiing on the grass, the effect is also gone. But that doesn't matter, as I am now able to use this scenery finally!

Yep, that's why it is the quick solution, to keep the grass outside the taxiways, I must be done much more. But that's not my project, so I only can provide this quick solution. Keep you airplane on the taxiways, that what should be the "normal" operation :lol:

Is this scenery compatibel with FSGlobal 2010 and Ultimate Terrain Europe? I have a lot of textures flickering all over the place. Alot of different textures on rwys and taxiways. And on the grass it self. Doesn't look to be consistent at all. And the level of the airport is not below 0 feet.

Puh, nice. And did your MakeRunways Tool works too now?

Yes, it is fine with that EXCL. However, I still have a puzzle to solve -- why FSX gets the Gates and I don't when the original EXCL is later in the processing than the AFCAD and vice versa, I get the gates but FSX doesn't when the order is reversed.

This implies that something in my processing is different in some important way to that of FSX. The results should be the same if things were correct.

I can easily make my utility keep the Gate data despite an incomplete taxiway set in a later BGL, so that it would work either way -- but that still wouldn't be like FSX which evidently ignores the Gate data when the EXCL file comes first.

The only thing I can think is that once any taxiway data is read by FSX it ignores later additions/changes to it. That seems wrong of it though. I'll do some experiments to find out -- but it will have to wait a couple of weeks as I'm on holiday after tomorrow. ;-)

Best Regards

Pete

• Developer

I also think, that the FS reads the BGLs in order of the Scenery Library and within the directory in alphabetic order. If the first Dataset with the ICAO Code is found, this is loaded.

Even, when the delete Tag auf the Airport will allow you to select only to delete Taxiways from Airports below, I don't think that the FS can handle a mixture of Gates/Runways/Taxipathes and so on from different Airport Sets, because how should he combine them, as they are all referenced.

He can maybe keep Taxisigns, fences , but not the Taxiway/Gate Layout.

So what you see, seams to work like this: First Airport set is loaded, rest is ignored.

Have nice holidays.

I am off for one week too.

Fly around the airport today to see if I found something strange, and yes I did.

Shadows on the ground from invisible aircrafts. Anyone seen this?

Took some pictures of it.

EHAM3.jpg

EHAM2.jpg

EHAM1.jpg

Still seems to be trouble plagued, any idea when it will be fixed? Can someone post some good quality screen-shots so I can see the textures of the buildings, etc :o

Thanks, Darryl

• Developer

Fly around the airport today to see if I found something strange, and yes I did.

Shadows on the ground from invisible aircrafts. Anyone seen this?

Took some pictures of it.

I don't see this issue.

But based on the situation, that you have reported several other issue regarding Airportlevel, I expect the shadowproblem as a sideeffect off your "main" issue.

First check, that your AI-Traffic has not placed a AFX File of EHAM somewhere in his Sceneryfolder.

If that is Mytraffic, check the hat Scenery folder and rename the file with EHAM in the name from *.BGL to *.OFF and move the folder in the Scenery Library down to a Priolevel direct above the default entries and blow all Addons.