Schiphol

Nope, 2010 for both versions.

Mea culpa from my side, they problem is all mine, not that of Aerosoft or the developer.

Late winter 2010 for the FSX version? I thought at first it was planned as FSX product only, and now the FS2004 version is coming much, much earlier?

Hopefully I'm wrong about this blush.gif !

• Aerosoft

Late winter 2010 for the FSX version? I thought at first it was planned as FSX product only, and now the FS2004 version is coming much, much earlier?

Hopefully I'm wrong about this blush.gif !

Early 2010 for the FS2004 version and late winter for the FSX version.

Thanks for your reply, very good customer service here by Aerosoft!

Can we see some more screenshots if there is some new available, pleasehappy.gif ?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Early 2010 for the FS2004 version and late winter for the FSX version.

Still amazed FS2004 release first, instead of the other way around?

Hope it will be native FSX and not like EBBR which isn't and shows in performance...

André F

• Aerosoft

Not just that they release the FS9 before the FSX Version...

its amazing that they still produce for fs9 and i'm very happy about that :)

For these large airports there is still a market in FS2004, mainly because we are all aware of the performance issues FSX has with these complex, large area airports on a lot of machines.

• Upvote 1

Will it consists the City Landmarks or only the Airport?smile.gif

Soz for my english.

Usually is always only the airport for mega airports so most likely there won't be landmarks.

For these large airports there is still a market in FS2004, mainly because we are all aware of the performance issues FSX has with these complex, large area airports on a lot of machines.

Hello Methijs

Now you are confusing me with this statement.

Are you saying people are still buying large airports to install into fs9.?

As I have read many times that you feel the market has dried up for this platform, and it is to these means you justify mot producing aircraft such as the coming airbus A320 and most likley A300 along with the twinotter for fs9. Or are you saying people are buying sceneries for there old fs9 but not new aircraft...This seems to be contridction in its self. I am not trying to start the whole fs9 v fsx thing again but I am trying to understand why it is felt that we no longer want to buy new aircraft. I think there is an opening still for short haul aircraft in fs9 as there are no real good ones availiable. I can understand the long haulers not doing too well on this platform as there asr so many out already, but you tell me what good Turboprop or short haul products there are other than the ATR from flight1, and maybe the 737 from Pic-Wilco. The 320 from Airsimmer is only in basic form at this time. So if the airports are selling then it must stand to reason that aircraft would sell if they were availiable. Like I have said I do not want anyone writting to add to this trying to rekindle the borring debate, but I would like to know why you think there is only a limited market for us die hards.

Geoff :D

Not wanting to derail the Schipol thread either, but I am so relieved to understand that there will be an fs9 version of niceX :ph34r:

Not wanting to derail the Schipol thread either, but I am so relieved to understand that there will be an fs9 version of niceX :ph34r:

Whoa, WHAT??!?! NICE for FS9??? Is this heresay? Please state where you learned this information?? Yes I will buy it if it's true.

Whoa, WHAT??!?! NICE for FS9??? Is this heresay? Please state where you learned this information?? Yes I will buy it if it's true.

Why should that be true? Mathijs was talking about large airports...

• Aerosoft

Hello Methijs

Now you are confusing me with this statement.

Are you saying people are still buying large airports to install into fs9.?

As I have read many times that you feel the market has dried up for this platform, and it is to these means you justify mot producing aircraft such as the coming airbus A320 and most likley A300 along with the twinotter for fs9. Or are you saying people are buying sceneries for there old fs9 but not new aircraft...This seems to be contridction in its self. I am not trying to start the whole fs9 v fsx thing again but I am trying to understand why it is felt that we no longer want to buy new aircraft. I think there is an opening still for short haul aircraft in fs9 as there are no real good ones availiable. I can understand the long haulers not doing too well on this platform as there asr so many out already, but you tell me what good Turboprop or short haul products there are other than the ATR from flight1, and maybe the 737 from Pic-Wilco. The 320 from Airsimmer is only in basic form at this time. So if the airports are selling then it must stand to reason that aircraft would sell if they were availiable. Like I have said I do not want anyone writting to add to this trying to rekindle the borring debate, but I would like to know why you think there is only a limited market for us die hards.

Geoff :D

Yes, it pays at this moment to do development of big airports with FSX and FS2004 in mind. The main reason is that it keeping it FS2004 compatible is not a big problem. It's a lot more complex for small high detail airports as you tend to use more and smaller objects and high detail textures are important. Doing the same for aircraft is way more complex and if you want to use all the options of FSX it can double production costs. An example, if we would do the Catalina for FS2004, we most likely would start with a blank canvas, reducing the complexity of a model intended for FSX takes a lot of time. And as materials are different and the closed architecture FSX prefers are not used in FS2004 you get a better result. Upgrading an aircraft from FS2004 to FSX is less problematic but you are likely to loose a lot of the options FSX got to offer.

And yes, we see there is a good market for these airports in FS2004. A market we simply do not see in aircraft. Just go to a main software store and see what these shops order. We make what they want to sell, that's how simple these things are.

• Upvote 1

Usually is always only the airport for mega airports so most likely there won't be landmarks.

Except Budapest, it's consists city landmarks & autogen too, and some small airports around the city. :)

Anyway, if this scenery won't be have the landmarks, will it be compatible with NL2000?

Yes, it pays at this moment to do development of big airports with FSX and FS2004 in mind. The main reason is that it keeping it FS2004 compatible is not a big problem. It's a lot more complex for small high detail airports as you tend to use more and smaller objects and high detail textures are important. Doing the same for aircraft is way more complex and if you want to use all the options of FSX it can double production costs. An example, if we would do the Catalina for FS2004, we most likely would start with a blank canvas, reducing the complexity of a model intended for FSX takes a lot of time. And as materials are different and the closed architecture FSX prefers are not used in FS2004 you get a better result. Upgrading an aircraft from FS2004 to FSX is less problematic but you are likely to loose a lot of the options FSX got to offer.

And yes, we see there is a good market for these airports in FS2004. A market we simply do not see in aircraft. Just go to a main software store and see what these shops order. We make what they want to sell, that's how simple these things are.

Mathijs

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, I understand what you are saying but I still feel there must be a market for fs9 aircraft if there is a market for fs9 airports.

Anyway... enough has been said on this subject.

I for one am looking forward to Schipol from yourselves as I am sure it will have good frame rates & lots of detail that is up to date. I have no intention of switching to FSX so I hope you continue to market products for fs9 for the forseeable future. I am still holding on to the hope that LEMN gets a fs9 face lift even if it lacks on a few of the FSX options like waving flags etc, (that I am trying to live without)& I also hope the new EHAM will work with NL2000, if it does then I will be bothered to download it as without a good Schipol it's not worth the effort & time.

Except Budapest, it's consists city landmarks & autogen too, and some small airports around the city. smile.gif

Anyway, if this scenery won't be have the landmarks, will it be compatible with NL2000?

Right, but I think Budapest was not created by Aerosofts' largest developers (Simwings, GAP, Dream Factory?), as adding landmarks, autogen, region photoscenery would take much more time in development and costs. And I do hope it's compatible with NL2000 photoscenery which is pretty good!

Thank you very much for your efforts, gentlemen. I am an FS9 user, for with the latest addons and REX for FS9 and the Bloom enchancement, it better suits my needs. (performance wise, flying airliners only)I appreciate every single addon you publish for FS9, as I realise FS9 is now almost 7 years old, and an active community for such an old game is seen nowhere else.

I count my blessings, and I hope to hit the purchase button for AMS and MUC a.s.a.p!

Right, but I think Budapest was not created by Aerosofts' largest developers (Simwings, GAP, Dream Factory?), as adding landmarks, autogen, region photoscenery would take much more time in development and costs.  And I do hope it's compatible with NL2000 photoscenery which is pretty good!

Yes, you're thoght is right. Budapest is developed by two Hungarian simmers  :) That's my favorite Scenery because of landmarks autogen and because it's my home airport. :)