Soooo......any news?

Raptor05121

On 10/31/2023 at 12:42 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

Expect to see screenshots and more detailed feature information when we're well into beta testing.

It’s been 3 months since you mentioned anything more than that. Is there any chance you can post some kind of indication that there’s progress? At least some kind of tangible evidence of progress or improvements?

I hope you can see everyone here is anxious for something or even anything to show that their beloved CRJ isn’t simply irrelevant anymore.

8 hours ago, mikkel said:

First of all, I don't think anyone are customers of the A330 for MSFS. So no one are entitled to anything in that regard.

Secondly, Hans Hartmann is as far as I know not involved in the A330 project, he is however involved with the ATR, and since that plane just got updated, I'm hoping for some news regarding the CRJ, as I would guess he and his team will have some time for that product now?

I would think so/hope so too. However, we've seen 3 or more updates to the ATR now after release, and after each one, I think 'okay, now maybe he's going to switch his efforts to the CRJ'...only to see another ATR update get released. Maybe this is the time though.

• Upvote 1

Well, it is quite clear where the priorities are at this point, and it is not on the CRJ. The ATR still has bugs to fix, so I suspect the work continues on that, and the CRJ continues to cement its place in the abandonware category. There is nothing that would suggest otherwise, only empty promises. 

• Like 1

yall are tweaking out over no update in 2-3 months, he literally told us and dropped the fact that an update is being worked on October 31st when he told us whats going on. Its only been like 3 months. Had he not done that I would've considered this abandonware, but the fact he did just shows that this aircraft is no where near being abandonware just cause an update hasn't released in the first 23 days of the year, yall are wild

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, FS98FSX said:

yall are tweaking out over no update in 2-3 months, he literally told us and dropped the fact that an update is being worked on October 31st when he told us whats going on. Its only been like 3 months. Had he not done that I would've considered this abandonware, but the fact he did just shows that this aircraft is no where near being abandonware just cause an update hasn't released in the first 23 days of the year, yall are wild

No, we are annoyed that they released something then failed to update it for nearly 3 years. They consistently make assurances that they fail to follow through on, instead just leaving everyone hanging. They can do a decent job marketing a product but fail to support anything longer than a couple updates. Instead, they move on to their next project. It’s easy to see that they are only interested in making the maximum amount of money and aren’t interested in delivering the the value they promise when they release something.

• Like 2

In all fairness, it took 6-9 months from when MSFS was released to when the CRJ first came out (March-ish 2021). The CRJ since then has had updates every 1-2 months.

It’s been 19 months now since the last CRJ update (Jun 2022). That’s a very stark difference in attention. It would be very easy to believe that there won’t ever be an update.

• Aerosoft

Here is a great contribution from Hans. It's about the CRJ update.

vor 51 Minuten schrieb amahran:

In all fairness, it took 6-9 months from when MSFS was released to when the CRJ first came out (March-ish 2021). The CRJ since then has had updates every 1-2 months.

It’s been 19 months now since the last CRJ update (Jun 2022). That’s a very stark difference in attention. It would be very easy to believe that there won’t ever be an update.

Please login to display this image.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BaxterChico said:

Here is a great contribution from Hans. It's about the CRJ update.

I know about that, and I already acknowledged it a few messages back. I believe everyone here is asking for more than just a message from Hans saying “yup all good don’t worry about it”

• Like 1

After 19 months of no updates, we need a bit more than "trust me bro, I'm working on it". Again, nobody here is asking for an in-depth analysis on the update, or some huge hype thing, we simply ask to actually show something.

I'm not buying the whole "boo hoo, if I need to sit down to write a log about what I've done, it will take away my time from working on it", sitting down for 30 mins to write a bit about what has been done already, and what is remaining to be done, maybe a screenshot or two will not take away anything from the attention to the CRJ. What I do think is taking away attention on the CRJ is the ATR, which we all see gets regular updates and seemingly is actively supported. And again, if the CRJ project is so grossly understaffed that it's not possible to finish an update in literal years, then pull it from the market and stop gaslighting the customers. 

• Like 2

• Developer
10 hours ago, Lars K. Rønes said:

After 19 months of no updates, we need a bit more than "trust me bro, I'm working on it". Again, nobody here is asking for an in-depth analysis on the update, or some huge hype thing, we simply ask to actually show something.

I'm not buying the whole "boo hoo, if I need to sit down to write a log about what I've done, it will take away my time from working on it", sitting down for 30 mins to write a bit about what has been done already, and what is remaining to be done, maybe a screenshot or two will not take away anything from the attention to the CRJ. What I do think is taking away attention on the CRJ is the ATR, which we all see gets regular updates and seemingly is actively supported. And again, if the CRJ project is so grossly understaffed that it's not possible to finish an update in literal years, then pull it from the market and stop gaslighting the customers. 

I'm not sure what I could tell you except the things I wrote in my last post. We're still working on the same things as before, but I'm not going to give you a list of when and how long people were on vacation or took a break from the CRJ and for which reason. I told you what will be in the update, that it will not be ready before end 2023 and that I won't give any further information until we are well into beta-testing. All this is still true. So, I wonder: what else do you want to know from me? Because right now, I can't think of anything new that I could tell you.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I'm not sure what I could tell you except the things I wrote in my last post. We're still working on the same things as before, but I'm not going to give you a list of when and how long people were on vacation or took a break from the CRJ and for which reason. I told you what will be in the update, that it will not be ready before end 2023 and that I won't give any further information until we are well into beta-testing. All this is still true. So, I wonder: what else do you want to know from me? Because right now, I can't think of anything new that I could tell you.

Hi Hans,

Your mature clients (evidenced by their posts) want a detail list of everything you do that is not CRJ related.  Start with a bathroom schedule, as I am sure that everyone expects you have one that is or should be strictly adhered to.  Please publish your sleep log and where you are eating at, what you are eating and how long you were eating it.  Do you actually hold your burger yourself or have a burger holder so that you can keep coding?  Not having an update on these things is really breaking their immersion and you know that once you break it, there is no fixing it.  Fortunately for me, the Marine Corps removed my immersion along with my feelings and wisdom teeth.    Do you watch tv or have some other bad habit of personal recreation?  How often do you get your haircut?  We just need to know that there is nothing else in your life that would keep you from working 24/7/365 on the CRJ.

Nice chatting with you.  I have to go fly the CRJ.  

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

On 1/23/2024 at 8:35 PM, pmrobinson said:

No, we are annoyed that they released something then failed to update it for nearly 3 years. They consistently make assurances that they fail to follow through on, instead just leaving everyone hanging. They can do a decent job marketing a product but fail to support anything longer than a couple updates. Instead, they move on to their next project. It’s easy to see that they are only interested in making the maximum amount of money and aren’t interested in delivering the the value they promise when they release something.

I will give you that, yes its been a while. However its being worked on, so idk what everyone expects at this point.

On 1/26/2024 at 11:58 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

As I said, nobody here wants a detailed list or some huge post about anything, but share some info about the coming update. At the moment we literally have nothing, other than a promise that it is being worked on. At this point the age old "soontm" could even mean it will be done some time in the early 2025.. Maybe... 

2 hours ago, Lars K. Rønes said:

As I said, nobody here wants a detailed list or some huge post about anything, but share some info about the coming update. At the moment we literally have nothing, other than a promise that it is being worked on. At this point the age old "soontm" could even mean it will be done some time in the early 2025.. Maybe... 

And you have read the last two posts from Hans? 'Literally nothing' seems an incorrect statement. 

Mathijs Kok

PMDG

• Upvote 2

On 1/31/2024 at 3:26 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

And you have read the last two posts from Hans? 'Literally nothing' seems an incorrect statement. 

Mathijs Kok

PMDG

Yes, I read them, and they boil down to "trust me bro, I'm working on it". Heck, even PMDG who are famous for their radio silence are way better in communication than this!

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Lars K. Rønes said:

Yes, I read them, and they boil down to "trust me bro, I'm working on it". Heck, even PMDG who are famous for their radio silence are way better in communication than this!

PMDG also says, "trust me bro, I'm working on it", they just say it in more words.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mace_RB said:

PMDG also says, "trust me bro, I'm working on it", they just say it in more words.

Well, in the time that the CRJ has been left to rot without any update, even PMDG has been able to post some updates from time to time, and even screenshots of the upcoming 777... So... Even them who are famous for their radio silence are better at communication than Aerosoft with the CRJ.. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 5:58 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

I'm not sure what I could tell you except the things I wrote in my last post. 

<..>

Because right now, I can't think of anything new that I could tell you.

I assume you are keeping track of stuff you fix and add in the update, since that would be quite useful for a changelog.

I think if you took literally 2 minutes a week, bi-weekly or even monthly to write something like;

"Over the past <insert time period here> we have worked on bugs in the AFCS, FMS and fueling panel, based on reports from our forums." 

You'd have a lot more happy customers. Like, it indicates interaction, and that posting here with issues actually matters. Right now it seems you are focused on big ticket items like Simbrief, Navigraph integration, LNAV/VNAV fixes and some new model with a cabin (oh yeah, "and more"). No word on how many bugs from the infamous list will be fixed. There are still quite a few bugs documented in these very forums that never even got so much of a reply or confirmation that you know about them. Heck, you might even consider marking some of those as solved so people can see the progress if they make an effort to look.

You can clearly see people feeling like nothing is happening and not getting value for their money, or feeling let down for putting their trust in you as a developer to support your product. Instead of trying to satisfy them with the same statement and actually sort of ridiculing them, you could have thought of the above as well. Just be better.

OK, back to hibernation for me. See you if the update ever releases.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

So... is there a possibility of a partial update maybe? At least give us back the co-pilot that's been on vacations since SU5.... 10 days has come and gone since Davis asked about a simple question and still nothing. 

It's honestly not worth asking or getting any hopes up. I come back to this thread once a month or so to see if any progress has been made and it's always the same old song and dance. They've made it pretty clear that an update "will be released when it's released" and that could mean whenever or never. The whole "radio silent until release" method is an excuse to push the progress off as long as they desire while working on other projects because as soon as they start posting pre release updates they have to stick to a schedule to avoid outcry and that apparently scares this studio. And when you look at how long it's been since an update for this jet has gone out it makes perfect sense as to why they use this strategy.

"We promise, an update for this jet IS coming..." except what they don't say is "..whenever the hell we feel like releasing it, probably when we aren't pushing out a new project, so not likely anytime soon, maybe next year, perhaps, because we already got our money's worth from it sooo.... Meh".

It's sad, really. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, poseign said:

It's honestly not worth asking or getting any hopes up. I come back to this thread once a month or so to see if any progress has been made and it's always the same old song and dance. They've made it pretty clear that an update "will be released when it's released" and that could mean whenever or never. The whole "radio silent until release" method is an excuse to push the progress off as long as they desire while working on other projects because as soon as they start posting pre release updates they have to stick to a schedule to avoid outcry and that apparently scares this studio. And when you look at how long it's been since an update for this jet has gone out it makes perfect sense as to why they use this strategy.

"We promise, an update for this jet IS coming..." except what they don't say is "..whenever the hell we feel like releasing it, probably when we aren't pushing out a new project, so not likely anytime soon, maybe next year, perhaps, because we already got our money's worth from it sooo.... Meh".

It's sad, really. 

I’m just determined to find as many bugs as I can, honestly, and documenting the hell out of them. I’ve seen so many bug reports I’ve made simply not acknowledged despite multiple updates being made since then.

And I’ll be honest, this feels almost like a daily thing that I’m coming in checking whether anything happened. And the radio silence on this forum is deafening. No activity, no engagement, no new bug reports, it’s just…kind of a dead product.

It really is disappointing. So much so that it almost makes PMDG look good in comparison because they at least engage with the community and regularly release detailed progress updates.

It would be hilarious if I hadn't spent money on this stupid plane. I actually bought it twice, first on the marketplace and then as a standalone package when that became available, because it looked promising and I trusted that there would be good support from the developer and any issues would be fixed reasonably quickly. But here we are, nearly three years later, still waiting for a fix to an issue that was discovered and reported pretty much immediately after release.

Seriously, what the hell is the matter with you guys? Why is it so damn difficult to just tell us what you've discovered and what fixes you've tried/are going to try? Many other developers do this (PMDG, Fenix, Simworks, FSReborn, Black Square, FlightFX, just to name a few off the top of my head) so why can't you?

• Like 1

You know, in the time it apparently takes to release an update fixing bugs in the CRJ, other reputable developers have developed and released two full complex airplanes as well as maintaining them with updates! The truth is, they put the CRJ out, they got their money, they're still selling it now in the current state, there's just no incentive for bothering to work on an update, so it is likely just on the backburner while working on other projects. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2024 at 5:48 AM, Lars K. Rønes said:

You know, in the time it apparently takes to release an update fixing bugs in the CRJ, other reputable developers have developed and released two full complex airplanes as well as maintaining them with updates! The truth is, they put the CRJ out, they got their money, they're still selling it now in the current state, there's just no incentive for bothering to work on an update, so it is likely just on the backburner while working on other projects. 

There's nothing being worked on other than getting the next developer to put their product on their marketplace so they can keep making money. Somehow development updates are impossible for them to do unlike other developers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1