Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

19 hours ago, Edward Landstar said:

Thanks! One more question... Will there be some sort of "failures" system? For example engine failure, gear failure, and so on..

The A330 is being developed to simulate normal ops. That being said, you could always “accidentally” flip an engine master switch off inflight and *tada* engine failure😌

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Chris J. Ratnam said:

The A330 is being developed to simulate normal ops. That being said, you could always “accidentally” flip an engine master switch off inflight and *tada* engine failure😌

Or just never switch on the fuel pumps. A friend told me the engines can not run like that inflight. 🤣

• Like 2

On 5/7/2023 at 2:21 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Of course, but only when the issues we are now working on are solved.

Today's main topic was the flight model. We use a 3% rule for this, meaning any data point should be within 3% of the correct value. Now we are talking about a lot of data points, many hundreds.  But we are getting there. 

Please login to display this image.

The weird Fuel Flow max error is being looked at right now. It only happens at flight levels between 200 and 250 and only at 140 tons. Somewhere in the many tables, there has to be an error.

The 3% rule is pretty darned cool btw. 

Just put the engine howl in there that will fix it haha...

On 5/5/2023 at 10:52 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Please login to display this image.

This picture is driving me crazy! I am trying to find out which airport this is, but I really can't find it. Even Google Lens isn't able to help me. Seems to be an Asian airport?

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, Er!k said:

This picture is driving me crazy! I am trying to find out which airport this is, but I really can't find it. Even Google Lens isn't able to help me. Seems to be an Asian airport?

it's the free aerosoft airport on msfs Paderborn/Lippstadt, if your manager is up to date normally it is already installed cordially

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Pilotefr said:

it's the free aerosoft airport on msfs Paderborn/Lippstadt, if your manager is up to date normally it is already installed cordially

Look at recent aerial pictures and tell me how you come to the conclusion that this is PAD?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Er!k:

It is Manado Airport in Indonesia (WAMM) :)

• Thanks 9

Il y a 1 heure, mopperle a dit :

Regardez les photos aériennes récentes et dites-moi comment vous en êtes arrivé à la conclusion qu'il s'agit de PAD ?

I just deducted from the shape of the footbridges since it is the aerosoft airport, am I right to be wrong? unfortunately I do not know all the airports of the world

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Pilotefr:

I just deducted from the shape of the footbridges since it is the aerosoft airport, am I right to be wrong? unfortunately I do not know all the airports of the world

This is not Paderborn airport. This is Manado airport in Indonesia, some 11.643 kilometers away from german airport EDLP :)

• Upvote 6

On 5/8/2023 at 3:38 AM, Chris J. Ratnam said:

Same Hahahaha

• Aerosoft
On 5/8/2023 at 5:44 AM, dkaper said:

How are you guys doing with VNAV?

Not bad, it is most likely one of the most complex things and what we had in P3D could not be used, but progress is made. It is the limiting factor for release, though.

• Upvote 5

Hey, I don’t know what the timeline for this plane is or if it has been talked about, I just know that it’s in development. And recently I really want a a330 and I have P3D so I was wondering to buy that. But if this plane for FS2020 is coming soon then should I wait for that or should I go for it?

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Sim Aviation:

Hey, I don’t know what the timeline for this plane is or if it has been talked about, I just know that it’s in development. And recently I really want a a330 and I have P3D so I was wondering to buy that. But if this plane for FS2020 is coming soon then should I wait for that or should I go for it?

Don't expect it to be in the next few weeks but it is not coming that late. I would buy P3D stuff anymore but that's ultimately up to you

1 minute ago, Tang0 said:

Don't expect it to be in the next few weeks but it is not coming that late. I would buy P3D stuff anymore but that's ultimately up to you

Would or would not buy more? I have the QW787 and with ChasePlane and Envshade I really love P3D with the physics

39 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yeah...

I've just spent the past 30 minutes trying to find the post that initially asked this to try and figure out a timeframe, and I CAN'T FIND IT!!!! I think I'm going loopy...anyone know of any good mental asylums? 😵💫

1 hour ago, TomReborn said:

I've just spent the past 30 minutes trying to find the post that initially asked this to try and figure out a timeframe, and I CAN'T FIND IT!!!! I think I'm going loopy...anyone know of any good mental asylums? 😵💫

Think they deleted it but if I remember it was up to July

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, TomReborn said:

2 hours ago, CharlieB00000 said:

Think they deleted it but if I remember it was up to July

The quoted question was, "So could we say between 1 and 4 let's say" referring to months and Mathijs replied, "Without any guarantee, let's."  The post is about halfway down the page for April 11 (Click on the picture and it'll take you to that page, not page 1):

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Hi

What about VR
Is it thoroughly tested in VR?
And if, any specific sceneries? 

And I assume it's tested both on Win 10 and 11 machines!?

Mats  

17 hours ago, Herman said:

The quoted question was, "So could we say between 1 and 4 let's say" referring to months and Mathijs replied, "Without any guarantee, let's."  The post is about halfway down the page for April 11 (Click on the picture and it'll take you to that page, not page 1):

Someone asked this 3 or so weeks ago and i said the exact thing. Only i was accused of making up story's and downvoted by Aerosoft team.

But oh look, whats this?

• Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs

21 minutes ago, JasonmCork said:

Someone asked this 3 or so weeks ago and i said the exact thing. Only i was accused of making up story's and downvoted by Aerosoft team.

But oh look, whats this?

Your posts back then referred to the "A320 as next project" and got their down votes not by the Aerosoft team. That was/is just your assumption.

Please do not mix two totally different topics (next project vs. release time frame) up here.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1