Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

On 3/29/2023 at 7:37 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Of course, we trigger the standard sim objects.  So as the sim evolves or if others add new objects, it will always use the best option.  On all platforms, PC, Xbox. Cloud.

Please login to display this image.

@Mathijs Kokwanted to know if we can have a picture with all the gear (luggage loader) activate thank you very much

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, YetiAir said:

Don‘t forget to include the third pushback option, which is far superior compared to the two mentioned above.

Reverse on and there you go. At normal airports you probably won‘t see at but it’s not unusual within the military. 

Last year I flew with a Loganair Twin Otter and we did a pushback out of Glasgow using reverse thrust.

Remember the good old times, where a DC-8 was allowed to do it at any time.

Why would you need a module in the aircraft for that?

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, AirbusA380-800 said:

Quick q: will this only support a pushback, or will you also be able to (for instance) replicate a plane being pushed/towed from maintenance/long term parking to the departure gate? 

Sure, just draw a path and the aircraft will move along the path. Just keep in mind that it is just the aircraft moving. No objects, sounds etc. For that we have something else planned.

• Like 7

Il y a 12 minutes, Mathijs Kok a déclaré :

Bien sûr, il suffit de tracer un chemin et l'avion se déplacera le long du chemin. Gardez simplement à l'esprit que c'est juste l'avion qui bouge. Pas d'objets, de sons, etc. Pour cela, nous avons autre chose de prévu.

Are you going to create a new topic to announce this future project?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sure, just draw a path and the aircraft will move along the path. Just keep in mind that it is just the aircraft moving. No objects, sounds etc. For that we have something else planned.

My guess is that AS are making a ground handling program very similar to one which we all know. That may be what you guys needed the voice samples for :)

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The perfect solution for when you don't have a gsx profile for airports with specific pushback procedures, love it! Wish all addons had this.

14 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

GSX competitor? 👀 I’m certainly willing to replace it with something with an easier to use interface. 

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
20 hours ago, Svend Loggerhead said:

Just to make sure, the pushback tug will be animated, or atleast visible, right? Stupid question, but still.

No, at this moment, just the aircraft. It was just a simply tool we thought would make sense.

• Like 2

Hi Mathijs! Is there a chance that we could get a systems preview video in the near future? I understand if the systems are not ready to be showcased to the public yet; I just figured I'd ask!

• Aerosoft
50 minutes ago, tylerb said:

Hi Mathijs! Is there a chance that we could get a systems preview video in the near future? I understand if the systems are not ready to be showcased to the public yet; I just figured I'd ask!

Of course, but only when the issues we are now working on are solved.

Today's main topic was the flight model. We use a 3% rule for this, meaning any data point should be within 3% of the correct value. Now we are talking about a lot of data points, many hundreds.  But we are getting there. 

The weird Fuel Flow max error is being looked at right now. It only happens at flight levels between 200 and 250 and only at 140 tons. Somewhere in the many tables, there has to be an error.

The 3% rule is pretty darned cool btw. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Today's main topic was the flight model. We use a 3% rule for this, meaning any data point should be within 3% of the correct value. Now we are talking about a lot of data points, many hundreds.  But we are getting there. 

The weird Fuel Flow max error is being looked at right now. It only happens at flight levels between 200 and 250 and only at 140 tons. Somewhere in the many tables, there has to be an error.

As i see from this tab, engine specs need adjustments but it’s pretty much ready. Hope we can get at least approx ETA on project.

Thx for response in advance:)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I see lots of green. Green means good.

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, at this moment, just the aircraft. It was just a simply tool we thought would make sense.

Any chance we could get that using the default tug just for looks? Seems like it shouldn't be too hard to implement...

15 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I will try to make that his week.

Thanks! One more question... Will there be some sort of "failures" system? For example engine failure, gear failure, and so on..

39 minutes ago, CharlieB00000 said:

Are we still on track for when it was said the aircraft would be released within 1-4 months?

I don’t remember official post about this but all I know is probably “hopefully” this year.