Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

I would carefully assume that the post was just about the ability to have 2 nav databases installed and that they will deliver up to date navdata. I doubt it’s a hint for the release date. 

But of course it would be great to be wrong 😃.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 minutes ago, Moo-Walk said:

Will we have an app to download the 330 from or will it be a separate install like a drag and drop type? 

Depands on where you buy it:

- MSFS Marketplace: installation via Marketplace

- Directly from Aerosoft (or other resellers): installation via the tool AerosoftONE

• Like 3
  • Upvote 7

@Mathijs Kok 

- When you use NPD or Navigraph as NavData, how can you use the built-in flight planner then? Will that route be loaded in the MCDU or do you have to type over each waypoint?

- Does the A330 work with default ground vehicles as well?

More and more add-ons are relying on third party products that you need (NDP or Navigraph subscription, GSX Pro...). For the casual simmer (and on Xbox) these aren't an option?

• Upvote 1

Well 14 June is 2 weeks from now so I think we could have the aircraft in less than 3 weeks hopefully.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

vor 44 Minuten schrieb YAG:

Well 14 June is 2 weeks from now so I think we could have the aircraft in less than 3 weeks hopefully.

From where do you get that date?

• Upvote 2

People are reading to much into Mr KoKs mcdu screen grab to much,

He clearly states it will release with Current navdata cycle, so what ever is current at the time will be included.  The picture shows what is  current at the moment, and considering the aircraft is in beta / development it is using current, will mot be difficult for the team to update the cycle.

• Like 10

I also jumped to the conclusion that it might be the 14 day notice post since the navdata on the MCDU expired in 14 days.
But then I realised that the 2305 airac cycle expires 14th June anyways😅

11 minutes ago, Pete7777 said:

And then a somewhat unnecessary exclamation point a the end of "the moment of release!" statement.

You have to agree, it's a cryptic way of introducing a screenshot.

Maybe it is nothing.. but the next ARINC cycle starts 15th June.

15 x 2 Navdata sources = 30

Airbus A330 has 10 wheels. 30 + 10 = 40

2 x MCDUs 40 + 2 =

i have no clue what this means is this good?

• Upvote 1

I really hope it's released before 23. june. Because on 23. I'll fly to JFK in an A330-300 and would be extremely nice to do this flight in sim, before the real flight :P

8 minutes ago, Cpt_Luukd said:

I really hope it's released before 23. june. Because on 23. I'll fly to JFK in an A330-300 and would be extremely nice to do this flight in sim, before the real flight :P

Yeah man start of july im on the beach sipping martinis and taking in sun for a month so i would like to fly it a few times before i go. we can only hope..

• Like 1

I am tempted to get that miniFCU for this. I already have all the TM stuff.

The only thing I miss, are pedals. Will it be just as easy to steer with the TM joystick handle twist as with the FBW?

On 5/31/2023 at 7:07 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Interesting image, if you know where to look. The top nav database is the one we provide with the aircraft (Lufthansa Data Systems, will be up to date at the moment of release!),l the bottom one is Navigraph. So you can load two databases. We decided not to use the built-in database because that one is still pretty hard to work with. When that changes, we can always add it.

The aircraft remembers your last selection and will load that as default.

where are you  @Mathijs Kokthis chat is getting hot. 🤣 turn it off ASAP!

MOD EDIT: Image deleted to conserve space and speed scrolling.

8 hours ago, DK67 said:

Nice maths! But if this is true they would have to announce release today, to cover the 2 weeks in advance they were talking about ;)

The main thing is that later it does not turn out that at some point in the waiting period we fell ill with schizophrenia :DDDDDDDDDD

4 hours ago, Pete7777 said:

And then a somewhat unnecessary exclamation point a the end of "the moment of release!" statement.

You have to agree, it's a cryptic way of introducing a screenshot.

Maybe it is nothing.. but the next ARINC cycle starts 15th June.

15 x 2 Navdata sources = 30

Airbus A330 has 10 wheels. 30 + 10 = 40

2 x MCDUs 40 + 2 =

A342 confirmed? *x-files theme starts playing”

• Upvote 2

So funny. All the excitement in the air. After rereading his post, I don’t think @Mathijs Kok was attempting to tease us - I think as someone said, he just was pointing out you’ll have the current data from Lufthansa as of the release date (whatever that ends up being) OR you’ll be able to use Navigraph to update that way.

Either way, they’re all laughing at us in Paderborn tonight! 🤪  Fun to be a part of all this hype with everyone - really looking forward to the long hauls with this bird!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5