Alpha Flight Controls

Profiles for Alpha Flight Controls

32 files

1. PMDG 747-400 V3 Queen of the Skies II

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control Template for PMDG 747-400 V3 Queen of the Skies II. Import it via the Honeycomb Configurator (you need the latest version 2.0.0.1) or use the local load function.

Please be sure that you activated the PMDG support in the configurator tool (Actions -> Activate / Deactivate PMDG)

if you need further assistance, please check out the following videos
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHMP5Kj3ebA&list=PL-CM2J7huv9GsJLInEaXS71CKKU_5g3Sl

PMDG_Profile_Description.pdf

307 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Updated

2. PMDG NGX(u)

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control Template for PMDG NGX and NGXu. Import it via the Honeycomb Configurator (you need the latest version 2.0.0.1) or use the local load function.

Please be sure that you activated the PMDG support in the configurator tool (Actions -> Activate / Deactivate PMDG)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHMP5Kj3ebA&list=PL-CM2J7huv9GsJLInEaXS71CKKU_5g3Sl

494 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

3. PMDG 777

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control Template for PMDG 777. Import it via the Honeycomb Configurator (you need the latest version 2.0.0.1) or use the local load function.

249 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

4. Carenado FA50 EX - Yoke

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control Template
    Carenado FA50 EX v1.1

Import and activate via the Honeycomb Configurator v2.0.0.1

I've had the best success with 2.0.0.1 templates by starting X-Plane 11 and immediately reloading the bindings for all Honeycomb devices via the X-Plane 11 menu (e.g. Plugins > Honeycomb > AFC_Yoke > Reload Bindings).

Honeycomb Config Tool tutorials:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MrJaraNet/videos

Obvious note: The blue cells (XP 11) are my own X-Plane 11 bindings.  The dark gray cells are Honeycomb configurator bindings.

The ZIP file contains 2x different .json profiles - one for the XP11 FMS and another for the Reality XP GTN 750. The only difference is the magneto 'BOTH' switch.  The magneto dial toggles between nav sources; 'BOTH' is for GPS nav source (stock FMS or GTN 750).
      The reason there are 2x NAV1 selections on the starter switch is to quickly switch from GPS to NAV1 when performing an instrument landing/procedure. The right-most NAV1 ('START' position) has a closer zoom level than the first NAV1 since it is for landing.  

TL;DR Basic Startup
    ======================================================
    (give a solid 1-second count between each switch)
    ALT.....................ON (GENs)
    BAT.....................ON (BATs 1 and 2, bleeds, misc switches)
    BUS2....................ON (APU START, wait a few moments)
    BUS1....................ON (AVIONICS, Anti-Skid, Hyd Stby Pump, IRS)
    ENG START...............2,3,1
    BRAVO SWITCH 6..........ON (Pitot heat and Air Start switches)
    BUS2....................OFF
    ======================================================

General Notes
    There is fragmented information available regarding a comprehensive and accurate accounting of real world normal procedures specifically for the updated EX version of the FA50 Carenado docs, Google/YouTube, and information/checklists from this thread as well as from a FA50 EX Bug List Forum were referenced Sometimes switches can be flaky, especially when rapidly or simultaneously activating 2x or more (e.g. X-FEEDs, certain light switches) I am considering making the ALT switch an up/down toggle switch for the 3x Air Start switches.  The air start switches are 'switched' during flight; the generators are not, so it's a good candidate for a switch. NAV light will go to NAV-LOGO if it's dark outside Beacon (RED anticol) needs to be on before the strobe switch (ALL anticol) will respond Avionics BUS1 turns on only the LH AV MASTER switch, not both LH and RH Can't get both to turn ON/OFF with the single switch using the Honeycomb Configurator (XP doesn't play well with truly simultaneous commands/manipulators?) Only 1 AV MASTER is necessary.  If both are on and one is turned off, all avionics get turned off. Some (not all) of the Thranda switch UP/DN Commands behave as toggle switches no matter how the switch is oriented. EG: Issuing a DN command when the switch is already down will move the switch UP (thranda/switches/SwitchDn26) Leveraging the thranda/Switch and thranda/SwitchMonitor dataref arrays for conditional logic proved unsuccessful Editing the values of 'ScrollFriendly' within the 'manifest.json' file proved to be ineffective and problematic (suggested by this forum) The left/white yoke button straightens/aligns the labeled MCP/center console knob faces back to a readable 12 o'clock position (but does not actually affect values or turn the physical manipulator/knob) I have this button assigned in XP11 as well (in addition to the Configurator binding) to 'Saved Camera #8' This goes to my main pilot view and simultaneously presents (right-side up) readable knobs The macro-heavy switches are intended to perform the majority of checklist items, simplifying the startup procedure Some system elements don't appear to function or contribute (hydraulics, bleed isolation knob, etc) Some of the smaller items have been intentionally omitted from the macro-heavy buttons, such as the resetting of the fuel-used counter, RH Avionics Master, etc  
    ALT
        Gens 1,2,3
    BAT
        Batteries 1 and 2
        Pilot arm rest (up)
        Computers 1,2,3 (AUTO)
        Emergency Lights (ARM)
        Bleeds (all x7) (AUTO)
        Air Start switches 1-3 (GRD START)
        Overhead, pilot and co-pilot, MCP/shield/instrument lights (turned on)
        No Smoking sign (ON)
        IRS (to 'ALIGN')
        Windshield Heat (NORM)
        Annunciator Light Test switch (press 1x)
        Isolation Valve (to horizontal)
    BUS1
        LH AV MASTER
        IRS (to 'NAV')
        Anti-Skid (ON)
        Hyrdraulic Standby Pump (AUTO)
    BUS2
        APU start/stop
        *APU start sets the problematic and buggy dataref sim/cockpit2/bleedair/actuators/apu_bleed to 1.  This will allow you to start the engines again after the first shutdown.

3 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

5. Flight Factor B767 Honeycomb Alpha Profile (Optimized for EFIS Display)

My purpose for this set of configurations, was to enable the user to have a more practical experience of utilizing switches / controls that are commonly and most frequently used when operating the 767 (and 757).
    I have listed the assignments, including their DATAREF references. 
    While this is my first time programming a set of flight controls, I have tried to do so with as much relatable experience as a both a 767 and 757 pilot.  Check out Bravo Profiles in Forum.

HIGHLIGHTS:       
    Magneto Switch  - EFIS Map Range selector Left and Right FLT DIR toggle switches AutoThrottle ARM switch toggle (as well as autothrottle disconnect switch) FLCH mode APU Start Switches mapped to Avionics toggles Deactivated Trim wheel (to avoid in-advertent AP Disconnect bumps)  
    I hope this helps others out there to thoroughly enjoy the Alpha and Bravo experience, along with the great software designed by Flight Factor!

20 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

6. Carenado Cessna 208 Caravan

Fellow turboprop flyers - attached are the config files I wrote to use the Honeycomb Bravo/Alpha with the Carenado Cessna 208 Caravan.  All LEDs should work nearly as expected in coordination with the aircraft's.  Obviously you will need to tweak/customize to your individual setup.  Hopefully this saves you some time.

Notes:
    -Throttle lever 4 detent is mapped to feather prop, you’ll likely need to tweak default response curve for more realistic functionality.
    -Throttle lever 5 detent is mapped to cut fuel, same deal as above - you'll need custom response curves. (E.g.,  shut down engine only when condition lever in detent, not merely when the lever is on the aft stop.)
    -Am still working on a LUA script to be able to use map the emergency power  lever to an axis...more to follow.

Cheers,

-Charlie

17 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

7. FlightFactor 767 professional

Friends - Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo profiles I've built for use with the FF 767.  All LEDs should work as expected.  Have fun modifying to suit and happy flying.

Notes:
    -Fuel cutoff switches are mapped to ALT/BAT switches on yoke to be more easily identified. I’ve found having them mapped to one of the many toggles on the Bravo is a recipe for shutting off an engine instead of the seatbelt sign.
    -Runway turnoff lights are mapped to avionics bus 1/2.
    -APU functionality mapped to rotary starter knob.

-Charlie  

21 downloads

(0 reviews)

1 comment

Updated

8. Carenado PC-12

Fellow turboprop flyers - attached are the config files I wrote to use the Honeycomb Bravo/Alpha with the Carenado PC-12.  All LEDs should work nearly as expected in coordination with the aircraft's CAWS.  Obviously you will need to tweak/customize to your individual setup.  Hopefully this saves you some time.

Notes:
    -Master warning/caution LEDs on Bravo are individually mapped to CAWS, as Carenado uses custom logic/texture and not the standard dataref to activate the lights on the panel.  I have mapped a yoke button to acknowledge CAWS as in the real aircraft.
    -Throttle lever 4 detent is mapped to cut off/feather prop via condition lever, you’ll likely need to tweak default response curve (my lower end stops at 0.10) for more realistic functionality. (E.g.,  shut down engine only when in detent, not merely when the condition lever is on the aft stop.)
    -Am still working on a LUA script to be able to use map the manual override (MOR) lever to an axis...more to follow.

Cheers,

-Charlie

11 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

9. MSFS

AS_HONEYCOMB_P3DV5_V2.zip
    AS_HONEYCOMB_P3DV5_V2.zip

7 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

10. X-Plane Zibo 738 - Alpha Yoke: Lights, Battery and TCAS

Zibo 738 Lights:

BCN - Collision Avoidance
    LAND - All landing lights
    TAXI - All taxi lights
    NAV - Steady Strobe (down position)
    STROBE - Pulse Strobe (up position)

Note: Taxi and Land Lights are all on or all off.

Battery:

BATT - Turns on the battery (does not close the switch) and Dome lights to bright (useful when you are spawning at night).

TCAS:

Starter positions reflect 5 stage TCAS positioning from Standby to On.

Its not perfect, but maybe can give you a good base to tweak or enable additional switches (for example ground power or similar, auto pilot etc.).

72 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

11. Flight Factor Boeing 777 Worldliner Professional

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control Template for Flight Factor 777 Worldliner Professional. Import it via the Honeycomb Configurator (you need the latest version 2.0.0.1) or use the local load function.

Not all buttons are mapped due to X-Plane providing a high level of flexibility within the GUI for assigning buttons and switches. Only those that aren't exposed or required conditions for more precise operation are mapped.

Please note this document was originally created by the Aerosoft team and I have simply 'borrowed' it to keep the level of information about this profile consistent with their approach.

FF_777_Worldliner_Professional_Profile_Description.pdf

27 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

12. Flight Factor Boeing 757 V2 Professional

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control Template for Flight Factor 757 V2. Import it via the Honeycomb Configurator (you need the latest version 2.0.0.1) or use the local load function.

Not all buttons are mapped due to X-Plane providing a high level of flexibility within the GUI for assigning buttons and switches. Only those that aren't exposed or required conditions for more precise operation are mapped.

Please note this document was originally created by the Aerosoft team and I have simply 'borrowed' it to keep the level of information about this profile consistent with their approach.

FF_757V2_Profile_Description.pdf

73 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

13. XPlane 11 iNiBuilds A300 Alpha Yoke Profile

Here is a profile for the iNiBuilds A300 for the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke. Meant to compliment my Honeycomb Bravo Profile for the same plane.

Jason

68 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Submitted

14. JRollon CRJ-200 - Yoke

JRollon CRJ-200 v1.7.2

I've had the best success with 2.0.0.1 templates by starting X-Plane 11 and immediately reloading the bindings for all Honeycomb devices via the X-Plane 11 menu (e.g. Plugins > Honeycomb > AFC_Yoke > Reload Bindings).

Obvious note: The blue cells (XP 11) are my own X-Plane 11 bindings.  The dark gray cells are Honeycomb configurator bindings.

[Battery Switch]
    Master Battery = ON Instrument Brightness = 100% NAV SRC = FMS No Smoking Sign = AUTO  
    [BUS1] - Basically starts and stops the APU
    ON PWR/FUEL btn (open APU door) START/STOP btn APU LCV btn ISOL btn APU Generator switch = ON IRS 1 & 2 = NAV Hydraulic switch 3A = AUTO OFF APU Generator = OFF ISOL btn APU LCV btn START/STOP btn PWR/FUEL btn  
    [BUS2] - Turns on/off all 4x hydraulic switches
    I had intended BUS2 to control the GPU but I haven't discovered a way to implement this on the CRJ-200 without relying on a LUA script.

17 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

15. Aerobask Epic Victory - Yoke

Aerobask Epic Victory v2.3.3
    (This has not been tested with the new G1000 version)

* The L/R elevator trims are identical and aren't linked like Trim A/B; holding both down in the same direction simply offers a faster (2x) trim adjustment speed.

16 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

16. Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control Template for Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended. Import it via the Honeycomb Configurator (you need the latest version 2.0.0.1) or use the local load function.

Aerosoft_Twin_Otter_Extended_Profile_Description.pdf

58 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

17. A2A - Comanche 250 Template

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control Template for the A2A - Comanche 250
    Import it via the Honeycomb Configurator or use the local load function.

134 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

18. A2A - Bonanza Template

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control Template for the A2A - Bonanza

127 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

19. A2A - C172 Trainer Template

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control Template for the A2A - C172 Trainer

332 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

20. A2A - C182 Skylane Template

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control Template for the A2A - C182 Skylane

221 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

21. QualityWings - Ultimate 787 Collection Template

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control Template for QualityWings - Ultimate 787 Collection.

494 downloads

(0 reviews)

2 comments

Updated

22. A2A - Cherokee 180 Template

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control Template for the A2A - Cherokee 180

102 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

23. Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Template

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control Template for Majestic Dash 8 Q400.

354 downloads

(0 reviews)

2 comments

Updated

24. Alabeo - PA44 Seminole Template

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control Template for Alabeo - PA44 Seminole.

68 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

25. Carenado - DA62 G1000

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control Template for Carenado - DA62.

37 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated