[Withdrawn]: N.American F/O Voice Pack

Guest Closed

Guest Closed

EDIT: This Voice Pack has been withdrawn due to lack of interest and it's standard not reaching that of the British English Captains Pack, and the Irish English Ground Crew Pack. From hereon in, I will stick to accents that I can perform naturally! Apols for any inconvenience.

-----------------------------

Hey all,

As promised, introducing Corey, your new North American F/O for the Airbus :-

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/2252-voice-pack-north-american-fo-voice-pack-aerosoft-airbus-x-a320a321-ext-10/

:)

Cheers

Dave.

Guest Closed

Hey all,

I'm surprised to see so little interest in the North American Voice Pack. I don't mean that in an 'emotional' "oh, I'm so sad and disappointed" way :lol: ... but there was a lot of interest when I released the British Voice Packs, and I thought there'd be more interest than that for the American pack. The thread I put on AVSIM disappeared without much of a sniff, and this one's not caught anyone's eye either.

Again not to make this a "poor old me" post at all, but I was planning on doing some more voice packs if there was interest, but they take a lot of work, and for things like the American packs, I won't actually use them myself ;) so wouldn't put the time in to create the ones that I won't use myself, if they're not of use to others.

I had started a (more natural) American Captain's pack but will leave that one now. Actually, thinking about it, perhaps the British F/O (Jason) and American F/O (Corey) packs weren't up to the standards of the British Captain's pack? ...... I did think that the American voices maybe weren't that great to be honest......

I think I might instead 'fire' (dismiss) Jason and Corey from the airline :lol: and possibly work on a new British F/O to replace Jason, that is a bit more natural, like the British Captain.

Hey all,

I'm surprised to see so little interest in the North American Voice Pack. I don't mean that in an 'emotional' "oh, I'm so sad and disappointed" way :lol: ... but there was a lot of interest when I released the British Voice Packs, and I thought there'd be more interest than that for the American pack. The thread I put on AVSIM disappeared without much of a sniff, and this one's not caught anyone's eye either.

Again not to make this a "poor old me" post at all, but I was planning on doing some more voice packs if there was interest, but they take a lot of work, and for things like the American packs, I won't actually use them myself ;) so wouldn't put the time in to create the ones that I won't use myself, if they're not of use to others.

I had started a American Captain's pack but will leave that one now. Actually, thinking about it, perhaps the British F/O (Jason) and American F/O (Corey) packs weren't up to the standards of the British Captain's pack? ...... I did think that the American voices maybe weren't that great to be honest......

I think I might instead 'fire' (dismiss) Jason and Corey from the airline :lol: and possibly work on a new British F/O to replace Jason, that is a bit more natural, like the British Captain.

I have to admit honestly that I prefer British Voice Pack more - nothing against North American or anything like that, just that since the captain (and ground crew irish) is Brit, it makes more sense to have same nationality in the same cockpit :lol:

Guest Closed

That's true Joshua, thanks for the feedback!

That's what I'm after really; feedback - as I want to improve and develop the voice packs, until we end up with truly professional level voice packs for the 'bus. (At the moment only the Brit Captain and Irish Ground Crew are at that standard).

I think the American F/O pack is too dramatic in how he phrases some words (probably because I am not North American lol!)..... some of his accent is a bit Hollywood Action Movie perhaps!

So I think I will call it a day with the US stuff and focus on voice packs that are more natural for my own linguistic background. :) I am half Irish, (which is why the Replacement Ground Crew PAck is authentic sounding), and half North East English (the British Captain's accent). But I lived in Spain for some time and speak Spanish, and a Spanish Voice Pack (either Spanish accented-English, or Spanish language) is a definite possibility. :)

I think maybe 'Jason' (British F/O) is a bit of an acquired taste :lol: so my next project will be a very well spoken British F/O, to fit nicely alongside the British Captain, and as an alternative to Londoner, Jason.

:)

I think maybe 'Jason' (British F/O) is a bit of an acquired taste :lol: so my next project will be a very well spoken British F/O, to fit nicely alongside the British Captain, and as an alternative to Londoner, Jason.

For sure, I have listened to a lot, and I mean a lot of ATC transmissions flying into and over British airspace over the years and have never heard a cockney accent like that at all.

Aquired taste, yes, and thats from a Londoner!! :)

For sure, I have listened to a lot, and I mean a lot of ATC transmissions flying into and over British airspace over the years and have never heard a cockney accent like that at all.

Aquired taste, yes, and thats from a Londoner!! :)

Wow, that bad?

Ok, thank you for your criticism. :) I will withdraw this Voice Pack immediately, and will stick to the core 'Captains' Pack and the Ground Pack (and perhaps look to develop a replacement F/O pack, that will hopefully encourage posts that don't contain nothing but negatives.

Q400_Flyer, I think you have done an excellent job! And people need to remember you are doing this for free.

I'm a Scouser and I must admit I like your Cockney FO; he makes me chuckle at times!

It's great having two Brits in the cockpit. Of course it would be ideal to have Spanish when you fly Iberia etc. but I think even the payware FS2Crew has to draw the line at what is feasible.

I haven't tried your US voices but I'm more than happy with what I've got, and to be honest it's made me think twice now about getting the FS2crew version.

So that's compliments to you and to the Devs of the checklist feature on the Airbus X :)

Thank you very much Chris, that's really appreciated. :bidgrink_s:

Perhaps some people don't realize that, for all everyone likes to point out that criticism is a wonderful thing and everyone is allowed their opinion etc, that reading 43 words of unabaited negative criticism, with no good measure at all, can be quire hurtful.

This is me, sitting in a friend's recording studio, using up my whole weekend making the voice packs; and sure, the London accent was pretty dismal but a measure of appreciation for the effort is normally nice to offer.

Dave,

My post was not a criticism at all of your work, I full appreciate the work you have done.

I apologise if you thought I was being negative about your work, it was certainly not intended that way. If it wasnt for people like you this hobby would not be half as good as it is now.

Thank you very much Chris, that's really appreciated. :bidgrink_s:

Perhaps some people don't realize that, for all everyone likes to point out that criticism is a wonderful thing and everyone is allowed their opinion etc, that reading 43 words of unabaited negative criticism, with no good measure at all, can be quire hurtful.

This is me, sitting in a friend's recording studio, using up my whole weekend making the voice packs; and sure, the London accent was pretty dismal but a measure of appreciation for the effort is normally nice to offer.

I know exactly how you feel and agree 100% with your comment .

After uploading repaints here for 3 years , the attitude of some of the forum members is hard to believe at times .

They should realise that every single person who uploads files ( of whatever kind ) are doing so by working in their FREE time and at no cost to the members here . If , for any reason they don't like what they download , again at no cost to themselves , they should just remove it and get on with their lives . Also a simple thank you as a form of feedback costs nothing but goes a long way for the uploader .

I haven't downloaded your voicepacks because I hardly have the time to fly the Airbus , I just paint it ( although I have a feeling that that is going to change ) .

I also noticed that no one voted your post ( ie agreed with you ) , so I started the ball rolling .

John Glanville

After uploading repaints here for 3 years , the attitude of some of the forum members is hard to believe at times .

They should realise that every single person who uploads files ( of whatever kind ) are doing so by working in their FREE time and at no cost to the members here . If , for any reason they don't like what they download , again at no cost to themselves , they should just remove it and get on with their lives . Also a simple thank you as a form of feedback costs nothing but goes a long way for the uploader .

I haven't downloaded your voicepacks because I hardly have the time to fly the Airbus , I just paint it ( although I have a feeling that that is going to change ) .

I also noticed that no one voted your post ( ie agreed with you ) , so I started the ball rolling .

John Glanville

Hi John,

I appreciate your repaints but I think it all boils down to one word: passion.

There will always be that 15% of people who don't like things, troll around, but why let those people get to you? I mean, if you enjoy painting and sharing, why bother with such people? Besides, that very 15% is likely to he be the same 15% for every other member/developer.

I can tell you from personal experience here, that only 5% of the people like AND say a thank you. There will always be silent people who enjoy the repaints, or other work that other members do. And that silent majority is personally what keeps me going (of course together with the vocal 5% appreciative ones).

John Glanville

Many thanks for your support John - it's truly appreciated.

The current aim is to focus on the existing British Captain's Pack, and Irish Ground Crew, and hopefully record a new F/O pack of the same standard in the near future.

There won't be any more North American Packs from me, not for any emotive or upset reasosn, but purely because there was so little interest in the pack when I released it. That's not people having a go at me personally, it's just indicitive of a lack of general interest from the North American audience. (all flying Boeing's I guess...... :lol:).

Cheers.

Hi Dave

I'm probably one of the silent majority who enjoy and use many of the addons, mods etc produced by you and others and rarely say thank you.

So a big thank you to you and other developers for your time and effort you put in to bringing us all these extras!! :excellenttext_s:

Loved the British captain pack but must own up to going back to the lady f/o :)

Anyway when you starting on a Radar Contact voice pack?? :lol:

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan. :)

I don't blame you for going back to the lady F/O, Jason was a little hardcore! :lol: ..... but I am producing a new F/O pack, of the same quality of the Captain pack, to go with the Captain and Ground Crew packs. ;) (and the GSX Ground Crew Pack, for those that use GSX).

Unfortunately I don't own Radar Contact so I'm afraid I can't do that one!

• 4 weeks later...
Greetings Q_Flyer
Before I apologize for my bad ingles.I´m personally admire people who do things selflessly (is you). I can not fault his voice package mainly because I understand little English and even less to tell if it is American or English. So I can only cheer him and to get on with the good work.
Greetings from Canary Islands

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Ismael :) That is a really kind comment.

And I am on my way to Spain tomorow (although the Balearics, not the Canaries this time), so please keep the sunshine out for me!

============

Gracias Ismael! .... Eres muy generoso con sus palabras. Yo vengo a Espana manana (pero Baleares), para mantener el sol! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Q_Flyer,

The English voice pack was great.

If you want help putting together an Australian voice pack I would be happy to help you in either the Captain or FO role.

I would just need some guidance as to what programs you need to make the files and happy to email them too you as required.

Cheers.

William.

Archived