Heraklion X preview (product released, topic closed)

Heraklion is a very old airport if I'm not mistaken, one of the oldest in Greece. It's initial construction dates back to the 1950s ;)

Great fact that we will have such an amazing representation!

Wow that looks amazing!!!!!!

Im looking forward to getting some charters done!! The runway and surface looks fantastic great work, I cant wait for the final product

You do know this won't be possible in FS9?

Are you starting again KLM737 i know that FS9 has his limitations and i can live with that end of discusion.

Also RESPECT the people who stil use Fs9 and dont barsing the FS9 users everybody is free to chouse the FS version witch suits him/her best.

• Upvote 2

Thanks guys!

We are now finished with ground work, and are progressing at a good pace ;)

We also just now received another ton of detailed reference material acquired on-site, which means a lot of work for us, and a lot of detail for you :)

• Upvote 2

Nice one Emilos,

Keep up the good work.

Just out of curiosity, will you be doing LGSA Chania after you finished Iraklion? Sorry, i know you are hard at it with Iraklion, i am just curious.

Regards

Nice one Emilos,

Keep up the good work.

Just out of curiosity, will you be doing LGSA Chania after you finished Iraklion? Sorry, i know you are hard at it with Iraklion, i am just curious.

Regards

It is a very interesting destination, that's sure, but honestly there are no plans for it at the moment.

OK Thanks for your reply,

I have your Corfu X, i'll be having your Iraklion, and its pretty safe to say i'll buy and fly to any destination you guys produce for FSX!

(Fingers crossed for Chania!)

Regards

I'm loving these greek airports ...i have flew egcc-lgir many times , and its a great visual approach into 27.. I hope you carry on making great greek sceneries as there are so many islands to choose from...my choice woiuld be skiathos or mykonos next, the reason being these are classed as "dangerous airports" for obvious reasons !!!

anyway its fantastic news for heraklion , keep up the great work

• Upvote 3

Dear Emilios ,

Please , can you help me and , perhaps , other flightsimmers too ?

You have created a very beautiful scenery with CorfuX. And I'm looking forward to your new Iraklion-project.

But , concerning CorfuX , I crash all the time during the landing. Even with the PMDG NGX. Due the fact I'm working with my keyboard.

Not pleasant. And I wish to enjoy a lot more of your scenery with a perfect landing.

Therefore my request.

Is it possible to create an extra optional file with an ILS for CorfuX (RWY36) and Iraklion (RWY ?) ? As a kind of an option/tool ?

Yes , I know , the real airports don't have an ILS-system , but for my FSX its gonna be a great help.

I'm looking forward to your answer.

Many thanks in advance.

Yours sincerely ,

Tom.

Hi Tom,

I'm not certain if you make a joke here or not.

In case you are not, well, I can't look in your wallet, but a very simple joystick is very cheap these days.

It gives a lot more fun to fly. And you can do a manual approach.

Even better is a yoke and throttle. (saitek or something like that.)

But that is not cheap anymore. For a saitek yoke and throttle you pay about 100 euro's. But a joystick is there already for 20/30.

Regards

Eric

Hi Tom,

I'm not certain if you make a joke here or not.

In case you are not, well, I can't look in your wallet, but a very simple joystick is very cheap these days.

It gives a lot more fun to fly. And you can do a manual approach.

Even better is a yoke and throttle. (saitek or something like that.)

But that is not cheap anymore. For a saitek yoke and throttle you pay about 100 euro's. But a joystick is there already for 20/30.

Regards

Eric

Hi Eric ,

Nope , I'm not joking. I stiil fly with my keyboard (not the easiest way). But someone has create an ILS for me for the Corfu approach. So , I can enjoy that scenery too.

You are correct with a joystick. But I prefer a B737-yoke. Not very cheap.

At this moment I'm in a divorce after 19 years of marriage. Not the most pleasant time in my life.

I believe you can imagine that I have to wait to spend some money on my sim.

Kindest regards ,

Tom.

Thanks guys!

We are now finished with ground work, and are progressing at a good pace ;)

We also just now received another ton of detailed reference material acquired on-site, which means a lot of work for us, and a lot of detail for you :)

superb news!!! Just me being nosey here, when you say on-site did you actually travel to LGIR? I am really looking forward to this scenery flew many times there out of Glasgow and in my favourite aircraft, 757 :D

Looking forward to shuttling many virtual tourists to Heraklion this summer!!

• Upvote 1

superb news!!! Just me being nosey here, when you say on-site did you actually travel to LGIR? I am really looking forward to this scenery flew many times there out of Glasgow and in my favourite aircraft, 757 :D

Looking forward to shuttling many virtual tourists to Heraklion this summer!!

If you want to make an airport replica there is no better, and enjoyable, way to get accurate detailed material than to actually go there.

In this case however, we have excellent local support with special access to this airport ;)

If you want to make an airport replica there is no better, and enjoyable, way to get accurate detailed material than to actually go there.

In this case however, we have excellent local support with special access to this airport ;)

That surprises me, they are usually quite strict when I'm there... Then again the people in Crete are some of the friendliest I've met in my travels. Thanks for all your hard work, its greatly appreciated :D

• Upvote 2