Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

best argue ever...thx...you miss the point if you still donĀ“t get it

LOl what ever, if you don't want to buy it then thats fine, most of the people here who are following the progress of the Airbus are more than fine with the systems depth implemented here, you don't need SID/STARs to fly at VATSIM and most simmers who will use this Airbus won't know what SID/STARs are, thats the whole point in making this AIRBUS, it was written into the agenda right at the beginning it really is that simple.

• Upvote 2

Guest vibraman

LOl what ever, if you don't want to buy it then thats fine, most of the people here who are following the progress of the Airbus are more than fine with the systems depth implemented here, you don't need SID/STARs to fly at VATSIM and most simmers who will use this Airbus won't know what SID/STARs are, thats the whole point in making this AIRBUS, it was written into the agenda right at the beginning it really is that simple.

most people who wonĀ“t buy it will not buy it because it has no sid and stars and if it was written in the agenda from begin on then it was simply not the best descion. sure you can fly without sid and stars and system depth on vatsim or ivao but itĀ“s nice to do it to some people (you still donĀ“t get it'?) i said it early in a other post:i WILL buy that plane and i hope itĀ“s released soon but still i donĀ“t get why people get aggressive or ban or mark down people who bring good arguments for something. if more people would critisize and tell argues to make the plane better instead of writing on 30 pages how beautiful that plane looks (and it looks beautiful though, sure) we all would get more for our money.

• Upvote 1

most people who wonĀ“t buy it will not buy it because it has no sid and stars and if it was written in the agenda from begin on then it was simply not the best descion. sure you can fly without sid and stars and system depth on vatsim or ivao but itĀ“s nice to do it to some people (you still donĀ“t get it'?) i said it early in a other post:i WILL buy that plane and i hope itĀ“s released soon but still i donĀ“t get why people get aggressive or ban or mark down people who bring good arguments for something. if more people would critisize and tell argues to make the plane better instead of writing on 30 pages how beautiful that plane looks (and looks beautiful though, sure) we all would get more for our money.

Sorry, but have you even followed this dev since start??

It will get nav updates from Navigraph = you got waypoints for sids and stars.

The MCDU will be there, but not fully complex, you will enter waypoints your self under the F-Plan page, but you wont be able to insert sids and stars.

But you can still insert the waypoints for the sids and stars, and then you decent your own..

Also if you can't do anything else than complaing, could you please shut your mouth and keep this tread free for flaming and complaining??

• Upvote 3

Guest vibraman

Sorry, but have you even followed this dev since start??

It will get nav updates from Navigraph = you got waypoints for sids and stars.

The MCDU will be there, but not fully complex, you will enter waypoints your self under the F-Plan page, but you wont be able to insert sids and stars.

But you can still insert the waypoints for the sids and stars, and then you decent your own..

Also if you can't do anything else than complaing, could you please shut your mouth and keep this tread free for flaming and complaining??

for what navigraph updates if not for sid and stars???? for pulling out a table on the pilots seat?

i donĀ“t flame, i argue this seems to be something you donĀ“t get maybe because you donĀ“t know.

this exactly what i mean... i argue and people like you get agrresive and tell me to shut my mouth.

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

most people who wonĀ“t buy it will not buy it because it has no sid and stars and if it was written in the agenda from begin on then it was simply not the best descion. sure you can fly without sid and stars and system depth on vatsim or ivao but itĀ“s nice to do it to some people (you still donĀ“t get it'?) i said it early in a other post:i WILL buy that plane and i hope itĀ“s released soon but still i donĀ“t get why people get aggressive or ban or mark down people who bring good arguments for something. if more people would critisize and tell argues to make the plane better instead of writing on 30 pages how beautiful that plane looks (and looks beautiful though, sure) we all would get more for our money.

Here's another thought on why some posts generate so much emotion. I believe that most (tho' not all) get marked down because of one of three things:

1. The poster is asking for something that was stated early on was not planned for inclusion because it didn't fit the interests of the well defined target market. No matter what one thinks of Aerosoft, they know the market; that is, what sells, what has a limited market and what doesn't sell.
  2. The subject has been previously discussed, the poster responds by insulting Aerosoft's business decisions (and this is a forum provided a some cost to Aerosoft), then names and insults start flying. In fairness, the insults don't always get started by the dissenting poster.
  3. Posters ask what seem to be reasonable questions, except that the question is so reasonable it was either answered in the initial post by Mathijs or asked and answered several times previously. It's much too late in the development cycle to add anything substantial as a feature.
I hope this can all get back to a discussion on the merits as Airbus X is designed, updates and screenshots by the hardworking beta testers. Like you, I too hope it's released soon, and I'm willing to wait for a great product a bit later than one that needs a quick patch a fortnight after release.

blush.gif

• Upvote 5

Guest vibraman

Here's another thought on why some posts generate so much emotion. I believe that most (tho' not all) get marked down because of one of three things:

1. The poster is asking for something that was stated early on was not planned for inclusion because it didn't fit the interests of the well defined target market. No matter what one thinks of Aerosoft, they know the market; that is, what sells, what has a limited market and what doesn't sell.
  2. The subject has been previously discussed, the poster responds by insulting Aerosoft's business decisions (and this is a forum provided a some cost to Aerosoft), then names and insults start flying. In fairness, the insults don't always get started by the dissenting poster.
  3. Posters ask what seem to be reasonable questions, except that the question is so reasonable it was either answered in the initial post by Mathijs or asked and answered several times previously. It's much too late in the development cycle to add anything substantial as a feature.
blush.gif

take the wing fley guys. pesonally i donĀ“t care about wing flex. but if it would have wing flex without dropping to bad frames i would say: hey cool it even got wing flex. aerosoft says they did not implement it because it does hit the frames.thatĀ“s an argue and itĀ“s ok for me. even though i think to myself, well maybe they should find a solution to implement wing fley without bad frames.

but what do people do with this guy? they flame him. it doesenĀ“t matter how often before it was asked about that issue. this forum is made for asking questions if someone is too lazy to read all pages where it is said how now nice the plane looks and how great aerosoft is i can understand this.

most people would get fired immdeatly in their jobs if they state something to be finished 5 months ago and did not finish their work until today...just a thing to think over...no matter how hard the poor developers work on something.

• Upvote 1

most people who wonĀ“t buy it will not buy it because it has no sid and stars and if it was written in the agenda from begin on then it was simply not the best descion. sure you can fly without sid and stars and system depth on vatsim or ivao but itĀ“s nice to do it to some people (you still donĀ“t get it'?) i said it early in a other post:i WILL buy that plane and i hope itĀ“s released soon but still i donĀ“t get why people get aggressive or ban or mark down people who bring good arguments for something. if more people would critisize and tell argues to make the plane better instead of writing on 30 pages how beautiful that plane looks (and it looks beautiful though, sure) we all would get more for our money.

I agree with you (and I think its been a better discussion this evening). This is the place to bring a good argument for something to be included, so that Aerosoft can take note. It's too late now for this version, but perhaps 'if' they do an advanced now is the time to say what you'd like to see.

People only really get cautioned or marked down when they get aggressive, or repeatedly make their point. You can't always get what you want, sometimes you have to accept the decisions that have been made (rightly or wrongly).

I also think that perhaps too much has been said about this how beautiful Airbus X is, and I think that this has led to the assumption that it's really basic. Personally, I'd put it as Intermediate.

Navigraph is used so you can input your flight plan directly into the MCDU (not basic). Automatic selection of SIDs/STARs isn't included, but on all my Beta flights I've been inputting them directly into the MCDU along with my flight plan waypoints. I can edit those points (not basic). I can load the FSX flight plan directly in, or a FS Commander flight plan with the SID/STAR points included (thanks to Navigraph being included the MCDU understands the flight plan); so here you have the basic option too.

Dark and Cold (plus several alternate states are included, just like the PMDG) - this isn't basic. You have the option of going through the proper pre-flight procedures to get the power on, get the fuel pumps on, get the bleed air on so that you can start the engines by pressing/clicking the buttons/switches in the correct sequence.

In the MCDU it calculates your zfw (basic) but you must enter the fuel weight (intermediate). You need to align the IRS (basic). Vspeeds are calcualted for you (basic). You can enter the FLEX temp (not basic) and takeoff config.

The autopilot has managed mode and select mode, although VNAV is basic it's way better than any of the default aircraft. The throttle module simulates the different stages of flight i.e. TOGA/FLX/MCT/CLB/THR LVR. There is also an autoland capability modelled so that landing can be made easy.

The pages of the Lower ECAM automatically switch to the relevant page i.e. Engines on engine start, Fuel etc. You can see the change in cabin pressure as you decend, so that you can keep your passengers comfortable.

A TOD point and TCAS is being implemented on the ND (not basic).

This isn't a definitive list, put perhaps more has needed to be said about the systems. I think Aerosoft have got this quite right, I was dubious when I started the Beta testing that it would be too basic, but I think they've given a good balance. Options so that people can have the aircraft set up and ready to go, and more intermediate options were you can set the majority of parameters yourself.

I like complex addons, and I don't in anyway feel restricted by this addon. Of course some people would like to see even more complexity, but that's fair enough.

Perhaps to make the discussions on the forum a little more constructive. Why not tell Aerosoft what you would like to see implemented in an advanced version, and to what depth?

Chris

• Upvote 4

Guys Im happy to see everything peacful again. I think that wing flex would be wonderful if it could be somehow included in the model. It would be much more realistic. Even if there is a drop of frames, what are we looking at 2-3 frames? There should be two models one with wingflex and one without, than I think everyone would be happy. I dont think many people would mind to wait a little more just so you could add winglex. I dont agree with people having to live with your decisions. Controversial details should be broughten up to the customers.

Well said. It is too late in the day for anything to be added to this version, but certainly enough people have felt strongly about wing flex and SIDs/STARs, so maybe they'll make it onto the advanced version if it goes ahead.

The above features have been mentioned numerous times. What other features would you want to see on the advanced version?

Chris

• Upvote 1

Well said. It is too late in the day for anything to be added to this version, but certainly enough people have felt strongly about wing flex and SIDs/STARs, so maybe they'll make it onto the advanced version if it goes ahead.

The above features have been mentioned numerous times. What other features would you want to see on the advanced version?

Chris

I'd love to see the ECAM messages in an advanced edition, i.e. during engine failure these messages tell you what to do checklist-wise. Also the MCDU should show every page (without ACARS - stuff)

• Upvote 2

I'd love to see the ECAM messages in an advanced edition, i.e. during engine failure these messages tell you what to do checklist-wise. Also the MCDU should show every page (without ACARS - stuff)

Ok, that's interesting. The Upper ECAM does give some messages like, the pre-takeoff checklist and pre-landing checklist. It tells you if you're out of trim before takeoff, if there is icing conditions. It also tells you if certain systems are off, that should be on. It also displays the cautionary warnings.

I will have to give an engine failure a go (even though it's not simulated as part of Airbus X) just to see what messages come up.

Chris

I think it would be awesome to hear how the current bus flies when someone gets a second. Just my opinion, but feel like discussing features of the proposed advanced model now when all hands are on deck to get the basic bird flying and get the issues sorted on the current bus maybe a little counter productive? Unless it brings some much needed closure on certain things that thought were dealt with. Just my two cents.

• Upvote 1

FO capability please. I like the right seat, I am not ready for the left seat just yet!

Regards

D

Yeah, I wouldn't have thought that would be too difficult to implement. I use Ezdock, so I should be able to do that anyway. I'll if I can grab a couple of shots from the right seat :)

Chris

most people would get fired immdeatly in their jobs if they state something to be finished 5 months ago and did not finish their work until today...just a thing to think over...no matter how hard the poor developers work on something.

Real world does not work like that my friend. You have no idea of their devoplement priorities as a company. People like you who really piss me off. Yes, I am a little upset this is taking longer than they said. Do you see me nagging and going on about to anyone (well maybe my girlfriend) lol. Yes you made your point about stars and SIDS and have brought it up now numerous times as well as your annoyance with the delay. Please just be happy we are getting a great new plane to fly which someone is willing to spend sometime and do a good job for us. Cool?

• Upvote 7

Yeah, I wouldn't have thought that would be too difficult to implement. I use Ezdock, so I should be able to do that anyway. I'll if I can grab a couple of shots from the right seat :)

Chris

Cheers Chris, I use Ezdock too, is the FO FGMC enabled on the Airbus X or is it only static at the moment?

Regards

D

Cheers Chris, I use Ezdock too, is the FO FGMC enabled on the Airbus X or is it only static at the moment?

Regards

D

Unfortunately the Co-pilot specific controls are static at the moment. If you're using Track IR it isn't too hard to reach the left hand side. Still, maybe this is something for the advanced version.

Here's a screenshot from the right hand side anyway.

https://files.me.com/cbdone/35531g

Chris

if you hire someone to fix your shower and that guy tells you: oh we got some unexpected problems it will take 5 months...you tell him: ah ok you guys really work hard no problem,i go and take my showers in lake for the next 5 months?

Well, then hire Aerosoft... Or more specific; the team that develops it. Then you are right to demand the deadline be met, and trust me Aerosoft will comply. That's why the project was on hold for a bit in the first place.

Sure you can criticize. As much as you want. But my problem with some of the criticism is that it is unfounded. You have no idea of the process, the unexpected setbacks or anything else that might cross beta stage...

And of course the pics are also used to get everyone enthusiastic or "hot" as you put it. nothing wrong with that. But Aerosoft doesn't deliberately set a date just to make you interested. As you see by the complaints; that won't work anyway. It is an expected date, not a hard date. It asks for some flexibility from the forum users side.

• Upvote 3

they said april (or i die) now itĀ“s mid august...sorry but itĀ“s that simple.not my fault

No one says it is your fault.. But you act like Aerosoft took your money and ran.. It's not like you paid for this to be finished in April. So relax, wait for it to be finished (which will be soon) so you can enjoy a good product.

In the meanwhile rest assured people are working hard to get the last issues sorted.

The way i see it, Airsimmer, worked on a release deadline, they release, and bad a320 in my view model, i dont have it, this is just through screenshots and youtube, forgive me if im wrong, i appreceate the work.

but the a320 was FULL of bug which made it unpopular and critisized,

If you want

a good external model

smooth control surfaces

HD - High quality Virtual Cockpit with many advanced systems

which-------AEROSOFT is making, and working very hard to make for YOU (im talking generaly - not directly)

us asking for a deadline is cheeky considering the years of work on this product.

So the way i would end this whole dispute on

wing-flex- which though we WANT it, it now CANT BE DONE, unless you want to wait till next summer

Release date will be in a few months or so - SO SIT TIGHT

And just support them, this is their part time job, THEY HAVE LIVES TOO.

"The best things in life are worth waiting for."

Thanks--Tom B.Fernandez

• Upvote 4

i dont understand why it is so hard for people to understand one simple fact

in real life the a32x wings have a negligible wingflex- to be realistic it would be moving 1 pixel max up or down.....

• Upvote 1

Hi Mathijs .It doesnā€™t matter what these people say, they will buy the AIRBUS as there is almost no AIRBUS currently in the market which can even match the Aerosoft AIRBUS X standards. Not only this AIRBUS looks good but it will be advanced soon after the release. About the wing flex, if on the real AIRBUS A320 there is almost no wing flex what is the point in simulating it here.

Anyways Mathijs can you please tell us about what is being currently being done and when can we see the RC?

I wish the entire aerosoft team all the best and thank them for giving us this great looking AIRBUS.

Sameer R Mankame

Guys all this talk about wing fix, if someone finds a video from the cabin looking out viewing a good amount of flex then maybe id say something, but all the videos iv watch you can barely see anything!!!

The way i see it, Airsimmer, worked on a release deadline, they release, and bad a320 in my view model, i dont have it, this is just through screenshots and youtube, forgive me if im wrong, i appreceate the work.

but the a320 was FULL of bug which made it unpopular and critisized,

If you want

a good external model

smooth control surfaces

HD - High quality Virtual Cockpit with many advanced systems

which-------AEROSOFT is making, and working very hard to make for YOU (im talking generaly - not directly)

us asking for a deadline is cheeky considering the years of work on this product.

So the way i would end this whole dispute on

wing-flex- which though we WANT it, it now CANT BE DONE, unless you want to wait till next summer

Release date will be in a few months or so - SO SIT TIGHT

And just support them, this is their part time job, THEY HAVE LIVES TOO.

"The best things in life are worth waiting for."

Thanks--Tom B.Fernandez

Well said....

I have bought the airsimmer Airbus ...its a beauty...but thats all it is..because there are indeed to many bugs in it...

So, for now this Airbus X looks good and i know Aerosoft, so i think it will be flyable as Functional as well, sure i like a plane with depth, but as the airsimmers airbus, if its not funktioning or flyable due to bugs and CTD's than even the depths has no meaning...

Awaiting for this nice piece of work, respect guys!

Best Regards,

Ray

i dont understand why it is so hard for people to understand one simple fact

in real life the a32x wings have a negligible wingflex- to be realistic it would be moving 1 pixel max up or down.....

+1 I agree. If this were a boeing 737 ngx those wings move quite a bit; but in the airbus a320 series, not noticeable really to warrant it. Would rather the extra coding horsepower be put on something else.