Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

• Aerosoft

Is it confirmed and final that no wingflex will be available? According to some earlier posts, it seems so... Very sad. Such a high quality, such a promising addon missing out this featue... I thought I will soon be buying a dream airplane, nearly pre-ordered, but if it's confirmed that no wingflex will be simulated I rather miss out this Airbus and wait for another airplane. I hope it's not true, and wingflex will be included!

Zsolt

Lol, the topic that refuses to die.

So you refuse to buy an aircraft that has no wing flex, obviously without actually understanding it's a very minor movement compared to other aircraft. We could have just said it was included and nobody would ever have seen it was not. Next time you take off in a high end, expensive add-on aircraft look to your right. See the empty seat. Note how totally unrealistic it is to take-off in a airliner without a co-pilot. But obviously that is not something that stops you from buying an add-on while a few centimeters of wing tip movement bothers you. Without offense, I am sorry we can't make you happy, but I got very little understanding for this.

Want to smile? A Airbus friend of mine is checking something. He thinks the tip of the vertical tail of the A380 is allowed to move more in relation to the cockpit then the wingtips of the A320 related to the wing root. It's one of the plastic bits and rather flexible.

• Upvote 5

Lol, the topic that refuses to die.

So you refuse to buy an aircraft that has no wing flex, obviously without actually understanding it's a very minor movement compared to other aircraft. We could have just said it was included and nobody would ever have seen it was not. .

Yep, please just say it is included, and it might stop some of the whining! laugh.gif

• Aerosoft

I am so OVER wingflex....

Anyways, on to the next topic,

Question to the Beta Testers or Mathijis; does the thing climb well? FSX aircraft, at least the POSKY and default 737, seem to climb like a missle at least through 15,000. Does the A 320 reflect a more realistic speed from 180 knots through 250 knots etc etc through altitude? Do cllimb thrust settings work if aplic. at a normal rate of climb and speeds? So far my experince with at least the default planes in FSX has not been good in respect to climb out realism etc. Have you guys made any changes to the model to help simulate a realistic limb out. Maybe the new thrust .dll that you all created helps with climb outs?

Cheers and AWESOME job to the devoplement team as it relates to keeping the FPS under control and to Mathijis for keeping us informed of it all! GOOD WORK!

Simon

The first times we flew our model we were stunned by the lack of thrust, your observation on the rocket thrust of other aircraft is correct. Now we had a friendly Airbus pilot note down the actual settings (N1, N2, FF etc) during a routine flight and what we got now matches that. The issue is that the only way to get there is to use a rather funny engine model that is very reluctant to go to high N1 settings. This is not unique btw, other add-ons solve this by showing a 'worked on' N1 value. One of the issues that's open.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Sorry, only one Question..

I miss it or is not in the listing of the flight path displayed in EICAS displays? I have not seen any pictures of it here? :blush:

If you mean if the flight plan is shown on the ND, yes it is, of course. The EICAS has nothing to do with the navigation but handles engines etc.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Yep, please just say it is included, and it might stop some of the whining! laugh.gif

Just like some of the failure modes. You know some of the add-on developers (god bless them) add failures that NEVER happened in the real aircraft. Some 737 (and those have flown rather few hours) come to mind. Up to the recent Hudson landing I could say the same for the RAT deployment in an A32x.

• Upvote 2

Is it confirmed and final that no wingflex will be available? According to some earlier posts, it seems so... Very sad. Such a high quality, such a promising addon missing out this featue... I thought I will soon be buying a dream airplane, nearly pre-ordered, but if it's confirmed that no wingflex will be simulated I rather miss out this Airbus and wait for another airplane. I hope it's not true, and wingflex will be included!

Zsolt

Sorry to hear that a feature thats barely visisble - at least if done realistic - will keep You from this product.

But the choise is entirely Yours.

BTW: The Discuss glider has a truly amazing wingflex animation:

http://www.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=11133&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation

Finn

• Upvote 1

Yep, please just say it is included, and it might stop some of the whining! :lol:

LOL Yeah, don't just SAY it is included but add it to the list of features and when the Airbus is released and some wing flex lover says 'I can't see it!' you just say 'Yes, what else did you expect, this is an Airbus 320 after all...!' :lol:

• Upvote 1