Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Really starting to look forward to this one now. Seems like something almost from the future: a good Airbus addon for FS! I'm quite interested on how performance will tun out. I will have to wait and see, i guess ;)

• Upvote 1

It looks very good. The autoland function does this mean the Airbus can land by itself? I am not so experienced so that is a great help for me to land the plane.

I have again a question about the difference between beta and the release candidate. You are testing the Airbus in differentt scenarios because it is in the beta stadium, but what are going to test in the RC? After a couple of answers on my last post I still don't see the difference.

Thanks again,

Peter

Yes, this means the airbus can land itself. Of course you'll have to learn to use the autopilot controls to do this but it's relatively straight forward, and you'll have to practice intercepting the localiser at the right time. That means being at the correct distance, altitude, speed and heading to intercept.

A few variables to get right, but practice makes perfect. Don't expect the autoland to perform miracles and recover you from a poorly configured approach; it won't, and nor should it ;)

This is a really nice addon to fly.

Chris

• Upvote 1

Yes, this means the airbus can land itself. Of course you'll have to learn to use the autopilot controls to do this but it's relatively straight forward, and you'll have to practice intercepting the localiser at the right time. That means being at the correct distance, altitude, speed and heading to intercept.

A few variables to get right, but practice makes perfect. Don't expect the autoland to perform miracles and recover you from a poorly configured approach; it won't, and nor should it

This is a really nice addon to fly.

Chris

Hey Chris,

Quick one if you can answer. What works for me landing-wise is FSX ATC will guide me to an ILS intercept usually 18-25 miles out depending on airport and I intercept the ILS as per their instructions. While crossing ILS loc I press the default APP hold lock on the 737 default panel and there she goes glids right in. Works 99.9 for me I usually disengage right over the runway and manually land the thing. Can the bus do this sort of thing as fed by ATC instructions? No problem with a few extra buttons or steps, but asking mainly on the basis of ATC instructions to intercept the localiser and whola APP hold and I'm there. Lazy ass that I am! I'm too busy looking at the window!!laugh.gif

Simon

Hi Simon.

Yes, indeed the default ATC will do the job fine. I prefer to use VoxATC as it gives better vectors.

The principal operation of the autoland is similar to the default. You have a LOC mode and a APPR mode. Once the glideslope is indicating descent you need to be on APPR mode with the autopilot in dual mode; that is AP1 & AP2 engaged.

Then you can sit back and enjoy the view until the autopilot calls you a 'Retard' for being so lazy ;)

Throttles to idle, it lands itself. Job done.

You can always disengage AP if you decide to land yourself :)

Airbus X isn't restrictive, so I think it will suit many of the different ways simmers like to fly.

Chris

Then you can sit back and enjoy the view until the autopilot calls you a 'Retard' for being so lazy ;)

LOL

I've been flying GA's for a few years now, but I am really looking forward to taking a big bird like this one into the skies. I loved the Airbus I had for FS2004 and even though I have flown other big ones after that, also in FSX, somehow the Airbus is my kind of plane...!

Hi Simon.

Yes, indeed the default ATC will do the job fine. I prefer to use VoxATC as it gives better vectors.

The principal operation of the autoland is similar to the default. You have a LOC mode and a APPR mode. Once the glideslope is indicating descent you need to be on APPR mode with the autopilot in dual mode; that is AP1 & AP2 engaged.

Then you can sit back and enjoy the view until the autopilot calls you a 'Retard' for being so lazy wink.gif

Throttles to idle, it lands itself. Job done.

You can always disengage AP if you decide to land yourself smile.gif

Airbus X isn't restrictive, so I think it will suit many of the different ways simmers like to fly.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Cool. Looking forward to the wake-up 'retard' que lol on touch-down. At least I know I'm there. Qeez what a great pilot I'd be lol!

Ok, should be able to figure it out with out too much trouble; I hope! Thanks for that!

Last question to you or someone who knows, Sorry to pester!

Most of my flights lately, I will start with an fsx atc-guided GPS flight from a previous flight plan I created using the generic FSX planner. I will get to crusie via ATC vectors etc and then cxl the flight plan as I am unable to do minor heading changes that ATC suggests as I busy doing someting else round the house. I will then near the destination on my own accord and then re-load the flight plan while still in the air and continue on with the ATC vectors until arrival. All works well for me using the defualt 737. Quess my question is, can I re-load a flight plan whlist in the air with this aircraft as I have done with the defualt 737. I use the generic default flight planner and defualt ATC.

Hope that makes sense. I know not the most realistic set of conditions; but hey thats the joy of simulators! lolwacko.gif I would have flunked flight school!

Simon

Is there a nice Flare on it with Autoland? Some other products sometimes have a slight problem with that.

That is so much based on individual computers and parameters and fps etc etc to get a perfect autoland flare in my experience. Even my system which is mid to high end, if autopilot is not doing a good job due to bad weather tons of ai etc etc at FSDT JFK or LAX maybe hammering the computers ability to do the perfect flare. I will disengage and flare the thing myself. Its as easy as 1-2-3 at that point in the game. Who knows though; maybe have reached the magic bullet.

I've been following this project with much anticipation. The detail looks un comparable, not skipping any detail. Will there be any follow up add ons including the A320 double bogey, blended winglets as well as the A318 and A319 perhaps as downloads to the owners of the original product.

Anyway if I may make a request for some screenshots/videos

One of the landing lights from the exterior as well as other night time effects. And another of the aircraft landing showing the effect of the landing gear and if any the bounce given.

Much appreciated... Thanks

I've been following this project with much anticipation. The detail looks un comparable, not skipping any detail. Will there be any follow up add ons including the A320 double bogey, blended winglets as well as the A318 and A319 perhaps as downloads to the owners of the original product.

Anyway if I may make a request for some screenshots/videos

One of the landing lights from the exterior as well as other night time effects. And another of the aircraft landing showing the effect of the landing gear and if any the bounce given.

Much appreciated... Thanks

Hi.

Check out my video here:

And here are a few night screenshots:

https://files.me.com/cbdone/wdgek8

https://files.me.com/cbdone/5s9fam

https://files.me.com/cbdone/zw6zcf

https://files.me.com/cbdone/owhlea

Chris

Since things are nearly wrapped up, would someone confirm the following:

Top of climb and top of descent depicted on ND?

VNAV descent (managed mode), albeit a simplified version, is that included as well?

Curt

Since things are nearly wrapped up, would someone confirm the following:

Top of climb and top of descent depicted on ND?

VNAV descent (managed mode), albeit a simplified version, is that included as well?

Curt

The ND is still being finished off, so I can't confirm if top of climb/decent indications will be included.

The will only be a simplified vnav function I.e managed climb and managed decent. You won't be able to do a profile in the MCDU.

Chris

man I wish you guys would do a more Advanced version...it looks so good, I'm hard core though and I'll have to pass. Good work though I'm sure it will sell a hell of a lot

Well as Mathijs has said, an advanced version hasn't been ruled out.

Out of interest, what is it about this version that puts you off?

Chris

man I wish you guys would do a more Advanced version...it looks so good, I'm hard core though and I'll have to pass. Good work though I'm sure it will sell a hell of a lot

Well i uderstand you 100% i also want realisem insted of a half, i think it is a bit diserpointing market because since aerosoft started this aircraft, a lot of other designers from other companys starts to build the same aircraft whit som other good things or nearly some of the same, like justflight in the next week or so it seems to releas airbus 320 for fsx to as far as i know, also a simple version like aerosoft. And 1 more after flightsimlabs finished the concorde they have anounsed that there next project would be the airbus series starting whit airbus 320 but i think that is what we have to wait for if it should be advanced aircraft as it would include sid stars, and more complex thing haven been reading all of it but think it is what you are looking for. but i the main time i think i get this Aerosoft airbus, as it looks nice visual just need the last part of advanced.

If Aerosoft think there's a market for the advanced version then they will probably make the advanced 'addon' to the Airbus X.

The Just Flight 320 I think is going to be simpler than the Airbus X from what I gather, I've pre-ordered it anyway, and will more than likely get the Airbus X too, so I'd be able to make a proper comparison when I have both addons. If you want a 'PMDG Style' version, then you're better off waiting for the Flightsim Labs or Airsimmer Advanced ones, though there's currently no release timetable for either of those.

I have again a question about the difference between beta and the release candidate. You are testing the Airbus in differentt scenarios because it is in the beta stadium, but what are going to test in the RC? After a couple of answers on my last post I still don't see the difference.

Thanks again,

Peter

A beta version is considered to be a work in progress i.e. it is at least partially working and the beta testing involves finding problems with both the things are supposed to be finished, as well as pointing out what still needs to be done. As the project progresses through many different beta version (Airbus X is now on 19), the beta testers will also recheck to try and find any new faults that may get introduced.

The release candidate (RC) is also tested by the beta team and as the name suggests, it is the final build of the complete project and in the developers opinon, ready for release. That rarely happens of course, but at this point, release is only going to be delayed by some very serious bug that may have developed in final packaging of the product files.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for uploading these. Still a shame about the lack of shine of the paintwork! Paintwork still looks very dull. I wonder if something can be done to add a bit of shine to these liveries. Aircraft paint always have a shine, Airbus X seem to lack that part.

Regards

D

• Upvote 1

I agree with the shine but either way the textures are stunning.

With the "Advanced" version surely that would be too much for even the most experienced "Simmer". By Advanced you mean having all the systems of the aircraft functional and working as per the real thing. BUT in the real world this work load is carried out by a crew of two. Therefore would it not just be too much work? I think the current version with the described features available should be enough to be actively involved in the workings of the aircraft without exceeding your work limit.

Peeps, don't mark him down for asking if he can convert it....

And to (try) to answer your question. I haven't tried it in Fs9, only in FSX (as we speak) but I don't think it is possible. I don't think fs9 can handle it, and I am not even talking about the techniques used, or the complications with flightmodel and FMC...

• Upvote 2