Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Hey everyone.

As the RC is beeing tested, is somebody able / allowed to post a short video clip of the engine start from within the cockpit? I just want to know if the sound is without any lags and stutter during engine start. That would be awesome!

Is that possible?

cheers

Mat

Hello Everyone.

I was wondering if the following liveries would be availible after release:

SWISS A320/1 and FINNAIR A320/1 (if possible please post a picture of both airline either 320 or 321)

Another thing was do I Have to follow an engine start sequence or could I just simply press whatever button I have assigned to start the engine.

The last thing I wanted to know is if there would be wingflex.

Thanks!

Re-paint forum is right here for the Airbus - http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=31387

No wingflex (mentioned in earlier posts)

Hey everyone.

As the RC is beeing tested, is somebody able / allowed to post a short video clip of the engine start from within the cockpit? I just want to know if the sound is without any lags and stutter during engine start. That would be awesome!

Is that possible?

cheers

Mat

We're not quite at RC stage yet. I'll be putting together another video towards release :)

Chris

There will be no wingflex even on the finished model?

No it won't as the A320/1 has very little wing flex that it is not worth the performance impact of modelling it.

Additionally, the Airbus X is being developed from the pilots perspective i.e. the cockpit, where he/she is not (easily) going to be able to see the wings flexing.

Wing flex is really only noticeable in FSX on large aircraft.

Chris

• Upvote 1

There will be no wingflex even on the finished model?

No it wont.

The pilot does not see the wings while inflight, and the wingflex on A32X's is so little.

This airplne is made for simulated the pilots job, not sitting in a wing-view whole flight.

• Upvote 1

No wing flex!!!! That's crazy. I thought all the great advances that FSX offers were being used? Surely wing flex would be one of them. I think that it is a must have. If that's true then I will not be buying it which is a real shame as I have been looking forward to this. Without wing flex you may aswell be flying a brick!!wacko.gifmad.gifblink.gifohmy.gif

No it wont.

The pilot does not see the wings while inflight, and the wingflex on A32X's is so little.

This airplne is made for simulated the pilots job, not sitting in a wing-view whole flight.

The wing flex depends on the aircraft weight and with a heavy load there is a flex to the wing. No the pilot does not see the wing but it adds to the realism when viewing the aircraft in spot mode to see the wings flex and view the scenery you are flying over. If your comment is true you may aswell not model an aircraft at all, just the cockpit!!!!

Without wing flex you may aswell be flying a brick!!wacko.gifmad.gifblink.gifohmy.gif

So, the lack a small vertical deviation in the wings is going to be a deal breaker for you?

If you're only interested in watching the aircraft, I'm sure there are numerous videos on the web.

Airbus X is for people that want to fly the A320/1.

Chris

• Upvote 3

No wing flex!!!! That's crazy.

..and I noticed that the wheels stay round when it's on the ground too, that's really terrible. I want to be able to deflate my tires when I land on a soft runway or loose sand.

I bet you can't flush the toilets either, what kind of airliner is this?

And why doesn't the stewardess come by with complimentary drinks when I'm in cabin view?

How does anyone expect me to buy this?

Seriously, the wingflex thing has been discussed at length earlier, and if that is the dealbreaker for you......sad, really, being scared of a bus (what kind of name is that anyway?)

• Upvote 5

Who said I am only interested in watching the aircraft? If I do a flight from say Frankfurt to Heathrow and only look from the cockpit all flight there would be no point in me having bought and installed the VFR Germany series cos you would not be able to appreciate the amazing scenery you are flying over! It is not just a small deviation to the wing, it all adds to the realism of the whole flying experience. So what are you going to do on say a 2-3hr flight.... stare into space and go goggled eyed at staring at the PFD's. Come on get real. This was fanfaired as the most realistic Airbus on the market, well it has fallen at the first hurdle in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

..and I noticed that the wheels stay round when it's on the ground too, that's really terrible. I want to be able to deflate my tires when I land on a soft runway or loose sand.

I bet you can't flush the toilets either, what kind of airliner is this?

And why doesn't the stewardess come by with complimentary drinks when I'm in cabin view?

How does anyone expect me to buy this?

Seriously, the wingflex thing has been discussed at length earlier, and if that is the dealbreaker for you......sad, really, being scared of a bus (what kind of name is that anyway?)

Why do you feel it's necessary to turn the discussion personal, sorry if I hurt your feelings. Any other aircraft being released for FSX has a wing flex it's a basic part of the overall experience. And no I don't want a stewardess walking down the aisle, I do enough of that at work already! And as for my profile name what's it to you? What's your pic all about, some kind a broke back mountain wanna be.... grow up!!

• Deputy Sheriffs
This was fanfaired as the most realistic Airbus on the market,

Can you give me the source for this statement?

Any other aircraft being released for FSX has a wing flex

So, you own all addon aircrafts for FSX? ;) Or can you at least name them?

• Upvote 4

No wing flex!!!! That's crazy. I thought all the great advances that FSX offers were being used? Surely wing flex would be one of them. I think that it is a must have. If that's true then I will not be buying it which is a real shame as I have been looking forward to this. Without wing flex you may aswell be flying a brick!!wacko.gifmad.gifblink.gifohmy.gif

Honestly, the wingspan on the 320 is not long enough to notice any flex. We surely can't see it from the flight deck. You would have to be standing in front of the wing to be able to catch it and this product is focused on PF workload not plane spotting.

Regards

D

• Upvote 5

YOU GUYS WANT 45$ FOR A PLANE THAT DOES NOT EVEN HAVE WINGFLEX? IS THIS A JOKE OR WHAT? GET REAL YOU GUYS WHO CARES ITS GOT ALL THESE SYSTEMS IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE WHAT ALMOST ALL DEFAULT FSX AIRCRAFT HAVE. WOW I AM SO SHOCKED THIS IS CRAZY

You can look at this video of a 320 on final up to landing at LFMN and you will notice only a tiny amount of flex, also taking into account LFMN is usually a windy approach. I get your point about the flex being a really nice extra feature but I think the masses would rather gain the few FPS and stability other the flex. Remember Airbus X focuses on PF workload.

Regards

D

• Upvote 2

YOU GUYS WANT 45$ FOR A PLANE THAT DOES NOT EVEN HAVE WINGFLEX? IS THIS A JOKE OR WHAT? GET REAL YOU GUYS WHO CARES ITS GOT ALL THESE SYSTEMS IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE WHAT ALMOST ALL DEFAULT FSX AIRCRAFT HAVE. WOW I AM SO SHOCKED THIS IS CRAZY

This has been discussed many times by Mathijs, you can search through the thread.

Bob

Finnair, they have made it clear they wont allready,

you have allready made this stern demand in the project airbus forum very sternly, these are all people who work very hard just to make a model for you, and you join up not to compliment the work but to almost order them to do it,

it very hard to at wingflex to an already made model like this, you would know this if you had ever modeled a plane but, no.

I apologise if i am being rude to you but they are working very hard and well, there isnt much more to it.

-tom

• Upvote 3

If I'm not mistaken then you can hook in a rope from the overwing emergency exits.

So that you have something to hold on if you are leaving the aircraft this way. Something like a handrail.

But for the A321 there is normally no need of them because he has no overwing exit.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Th yellow hooks on the wings is for emergency liferifts when landing in water, so the rifts dont float away from the aircraft,

all aircraft much be fit with emergency exit over the wing's, aircraft's mushed be fitt with minuim of 3 emergency exit 1 front and rear 1 over the wings

colin

• Upvote 1

whats the latest with the release date?

i know it has been delayed significantly.

with the delay, is there also any update on the more advanced systems version matias?

• Upvote 1

whats the latest with the release date?

i know it has been delayed significantly.

with the delay, is there also any update on the more advanced systems version matias?

Good question, i thought maybe with the delay they may do some more FMGC stuff, like Progress, better Managed VNAV etc.

• Upvote 3

Th yellow hooks on the wings is for emergency liferifts when landing in water, so the rifts dont float away from the aircraft,

all aircraft much be fit with emergency exit over the wing's, aircraft's mushed be fitt with minuim of 3 emergency exit 1 front and rear 1 over the wings

colin

Well not 100% corect as some only needs 1, 2 or more, her is a bit from the law regulations now im not sayeing the type of exits just passengers for a size of Airbus 320-321. 110 - 139 should minimum have 3 exits and 140 - 179 should have 4 exits but 321 have 2 in front 2 in fron of the wings 2 behind the wings and finaly 2 in the back. because you dont realy have to know the minimums but know that all passengers and crew should be abel whit only 50% of the exits in use, at night be abel to get out whit in 90 sec or les that is the rulle.

just law stuff :-)