Trondheim-Vaernes X released

Shaun Fletcher

It's been a while since new Scandianvian airports were released, but we got a very nice one for you now. Trondheim-Vaernes X is a scenery of the third largest Norwegian airport. The single runway stretches into the fjord and weather conditions can make this a very difficult airport to use. Though detail is great all over the airport it is relatively friendly on framerates, something you will appreciate as you come in on a dark evening with some crosswind and some snow. There are full seasonal textures (we love the snow) and of course it is AES compatible. Check out the great screenshots and note the 14.95 Euro price. You can't go wrong with this one.

....and of course it is AES (with 2.06 or higher) compatible.

Links: [Product Page]

Tags: FSX Trondheim Vaernes X

aero_trond_02.jpg

aero_trond_31.jpg

aero_trond_25.jpg

aero_trond_24.jpg

aero_trond_06.jpg

More Screenshots

• Upvote 1

Hello,

First of all I thank you for doing Trondheim. Norway is a beautiful place in FSX and is sadly lacking in scenery enhancements. Other than Bergen X this is the only airport add-on that I am aware of.

I have noticed some issues with the "Trondheim X" scenery. After following the suggested edits in the manual as to scenery settings in FSX, I am still seeing a lot of nasty errors around the Airport.

There are mesh elevation issues in the land close to the airport and in the "river" water, where "water cliffs" are showing up. There are also land and water class "shorelines" issues in the fjord.

Some shorelines are up in the trees and at the water's edge there are just straight cuts of land with no shoreline at all.

I do not want to sound critical, but it almost seems the airport and it's ground textures were just dropped onto the default scenery without any attempt at blending. I really like the airport, but feel

that it needs a lot of touch-up.

Sorry if I sound overly critical, but this is just does not fit with typical Aerosoft quality.

Regards,

Dana

Hello Dana,

Can you please attach some screenshots of the areas you mean with the c-ordinates showing in FSX (Shift+Z) helps to know exactly where you re.

Hi Shaun, I have a Webshots Folder that I have placed 8 images of the areas which I am refering to. The images are 1920 x 1200, so after clicking on each image be sure to click on the magnifier glass to see the image full size.

http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/576499973Cosggn

Hello Old Crow,

Some of the pictures you posted the problems aren't glaring as there is no description along with them which leaves the viewer having to search for the problem.

Others are obvious. As for water elevation sometimes this can happen when you have a change in altitude, but I will mention these issues in the Weekly Support Report.

Can Aerosoft or the developer be convinced please port this over so we can use it in FS9 too? I live in Trondheim and AES-service at my doorstep would be awesome,since i already using ENVA as my base. An please dont give me any "it is bad economic"-bull#####.... What you want is what you can is a good old norwegian saying...

• Upvote 1

question

are the runway lines suppose to be Yellow?

I ask as ICAO standards are for all runway markings to be white and taxiway markings to be Yellow. It was really odd to see this in yellow rather than the usual white markings.

• Developer

question

are the runway lines suppose to be Yellow?

I ask as ICAO standards are for all runway markings to be white and taxiway markings to be Yellow. It was really odd to see this in yellow rather than the usual white markings.

Hi

Here in Norway the runway markings are yellow, this to make the markings more distinguishable from the snow.. (We've got a lot of it up herelaugh.gif )

BTW, working on a patch to fix the issues mentioned by Dana , if you have anymore faults or questions, please send me a pm and I'll have a look at them.smile.gif

Well lets hope they dont go for a pee outside the control tower, might get mistaken for :lol:

Hi

Here in Norway the runway markings are yellow, this to make the markings more distinguishable from the snow.. (We've got a lot of it up here:lol: )

BTW, working on a patch to fix the issues mentioned by Dana , if you have anymore faults or questions, please send me a pm and I'll have a look at them.smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I went to load up the scenery, so I did the city search (Trondheim) for the airport, and it gave me two choices:

1-ENVA- which is the one I used.

2-ENV1- which included (Do NOT use).

All worked well with no issues whatsoever, (I obviously went with option 1) but I wondered if this was done by the designer, and if so why as this is the first time I see something like this?

Thanks.

Nice work Aersoft on this Airport!wink.gif Love the look of the "Stone" on the approach runway! BTW--the "jetways" really look "static but all I could see that would move with AES? are the bellows that seal against the plane?unsure.gif

• 1 month later...

Staff,

Thank you for updating this already outstanding product to v1.01. I hope to install it shortly and try it out after my system(s) mid-life upgrades are complete; so, I'll get back to you if needed.

Danke! biggrin.gif

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi most of my issues have been fixed with the patch... the only issue I have is that it seems the scenery Fence likes to follow me around. I've tried all sorts of aircraft and it's the same problem. It gets worse when I try to line up for takeoff.. the fence ends up in the middle of the runway down a thousand feet or so.

VATSIM Trondheim Event

Hello.

I just bought Trondheim from Aerosoft Shop(20% disc) biggrin.gif and i found some issue at my fsx

Just have a look at the pictures.sad.gif

So here is list of my addons:

FSX Acceleration

FSGlobal 2010

GEX 1.02

UTEX 1.14

Trondheim 1.01

BTW:AS far as i know (i think) it could be FSGlobal 2010 issue-same like Madeira.

trondbug.th.jpg

2010421213012572.th.png

• Developer

Hi, have you set the mesh settings to the appropriate setting as described in the manual?

Mesh complexity to 100 

Mesh resolution to 10 m

Yes.I was trying Mesh 10 and 5 and same problem.As I said it could be FSGlobal issue.

OK its my fail :Dblush.gif

I install all addons at diferent Hard Drive and i forgot to copy folders Effects and Scenery to FSX folder.

Everythink is fine right now.

Cheers.

I bought the package the other day, i took my first flight last night. I am so far pleased with the product, but for some reason i saw a vehicle from the default scenery parked by the end jetway towards runway 9. Why is that there and how can i delete it.

• 3 weeks later...

Shaun: I did a fresh install with version 1.01. Seems a portion of the scenery wasn't installed properly. But everything seems fine now.

I have the same problem here with lines not connecting.

• Aerosoft

I have the same problem here with lines not connecting.

Is that in DX10 or DX9? And what graphics card?

These problems are almost always caused by the graphics card placing the textures incorrect and the developer got very limited control on that.

• Aerosoft

I bought the package the other day, i took my first flight last night. I am so far pleased with the product, but for some reason i saw a vehicle from the default scenery parked by the end jetway towards runway 9. Why is that there and how can i delete it.

Could you show us an image of that? I do know the scenery uses some of the default objects so it could very well be normal. You can control this via the Traffic/Airport Vehicle setting in FSX.