Aerosoft A-321/320 project

Any other news about the systems or the FMGS?

What about the SID/STAR implemantation in to the FSX Flightplanes? Or can we set manually a fix or a Runway extension?

THX!

Stefan

SID/STARS can be added to FSX flightplans with flightplanners like FSBUILD or FS Commander.

Finn

SID/STARS can be added to FSX flightplans with flightplanners like FSBUILD or FS Commander.

Finn

Yes Finn, I know about that. I use Vtroute to build up Routes. So if you remenber the good old df734 days, there was an option to set a extention point for the selceted runway if you don´t use a star.

Stefan

Shots look really good. ;)

Seriously can't wait for this, it's really the right sort of difficulty for me. Like I can't even Captain Sim planes, but I like to have something challenging.

Keep up the good work. :)

Can I ask a very important question? Sorry if this has been discussed before but I was wondering how functional the FMS is.. s it very close to the real aircraft?

It's not a high-end fms simulation, if that's what you mean. It has simplified functionality. Go through the posts and you'll see various statements about the depth of systems simulation. The Aerosoft version of the A320 is not aimed at people willing to spend several evenings (or weeks if you're new to flying heavy metal) digging though manuals and system schematics.

I for one, did not anticipate buying this (because I do like to go in depth with the systems), but the last batch of screenshots Matthijs posted, leaves me in doubt. It does look extremely good..... :wub:

• Aerosoft

what about AIRAC support?? is there a chance to update the fms?!

Not in this version (we might consider a more advanced version later). This really is a product directly positioned between the default aircraft and the very high end that need hundreds of pages for the manual. The reason is simple, that's where the market is these days!

• Aerosoft

It will be an "Basic Edition" and an "Advanced Edition" ?

If you like to call it that, perhaps. If we get enough demand for a more complex version (something we doubt at this moment, do not be fooled by forums, we need 100 sales for any post asking for a more complex version) we might do it. We'll see. For now we only got ideas about that, no plans.

• Aerosoft

more pic plzzzzzzzzzzzz

How about a video?

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=download&do=confirm_download&id=296

Shows the animations and the sounds of the VC. All very much beta.

• Upvote 2

Looking pretty nice. Let's see if I'll get that even though it's too light for me. However I was a little disappointed with the overhead textures. I read that it's a beta but are those overhead textures final?

• Aerosoft

Looking pretty nice. Let's see if I'll get that even though it's too light for me. However I was a little disappointed with the overhead textures. I read that it's a beta but are those overhead textures final?

More or less final. And we checked them last week on a laptop in the cockpit of a Bus. Looked pretty good to us. Keep in mind that a screen does not even get close to the realistic contrast of a cockpit at 30.000 feet in sunlight. The average screen puts out about 10% of the light it would need to do to be realistic. the overhead has got the radiance it would have if you looked at it for a few minutes. So no matter what, you'll have to compromise.

But if the brightness of the overhead is keeping you from buying a product you set some very high standards, not sure if we can match what you expect. And dare I say, seeing your banner, you must have been mighty disappointed with a recent aircraft you flown. Though the latest patch did solve a lot of things and I actually enjoyed flying the Airsimmers bus in FS2004 last weekend! Darned hope the guys at Airsimmers do not send me another legal letter because I complimented them as before.

• Upvote 2

More or less final. And we checked them last week on a laptop in the cockpit of a Bus. Looked pretty good to us. Keep in mind that a screen does not even get close to the realistic contrast of a cockpit at 30.000 feet in sunlight. The average screen puts out about 10% of the light it would need to do to be realistic. the overhead has got the radiance it would have if you looked at it for a few minutes. So no matter what, you'll have to compromise.

But if the brightness of the overhead is keeping you from buying a product you set some very high standards, not sure if we can match what you expect. And dare I say, seeing your banner, you must have been mighty disappointed with a recent aircraft you flown. Though the latest patch did solve a lot of things and I actually enjoyed flying the Airsimmers bus in FS2004 last weekend! Darned hope the guys at Airsimmers do not send me another legal letter because I complimented them as before.

Hi!

As a member of the ET I can't comment...

However I wasn't comparing it to the AirSimmer at all. FS9 and FSX are so different but I was rather comparing it to the FSX versions of PMDG JS41, MD11 and CS 757 and 767... I'm sure though that the poor video quality do change my impression of the overhead panel and everything else seemed really good. Loved the pedestal btw. I'll make up my mind whether to buy it once it is released and when I have seen some screen shots from users. The screenshots usually look better and customers don't edit them or use to much time capturing them. I really doubt that the overhead wouldn't be up to my standards. It's more the systems that I care about but if the price is right I'd say you got a customer.

P.S.

I wasn't THAT disappointed with the overhead. :)