Aerosoft A-321/320 project

Hi Mathijs,

This is wonderful ! can't we have close shots of the windows showing the other side of the cabin ? to get the good see thru feeling ?

Thanks

AIR IVOIRE 321

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

OMG mathjis , what are you doing to us!..... we all gonna die, if we dont get this BUS soon!!....what an amazing project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (btw, the sound recording, was it an airberlin or lufthansa cockpit? )

Look amazing can't wait for it i want it now :((((((((((wow i hope ur next project is Airbus A330 and A340

+1 for emphasis (and for hoping wishes can come true).

• Aerosoft

OMG mathjis , what are you doing to us!..... we all gonna die, if we dont get this BUS soon!!....what an amazing project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (btw, the sound recording, was it an airberlin or lufthansa cockpit? )

Air Berlin, that's the standard we are using for this project.

Air Berlin, that's the standard we are using for this project.

As you have a relationship for this project with Air Berlin, will there also be liveries of competitors (e.g. Lufthansa)?

(Because some cockpit options depend on the operator, e.g. the alltitude callouts)

Regards,

Timo

PS: Is it in the beta-stage yet?

• Aerosoft

As you have a relationship for this project with Air Berlin, will there also be liveries of competitors (e.g. Lufthansa)?

(Because some cockpit options depend on the operator, e.g. the alltitude callouts)

Regards,

Timo

PS: Is it in the beta-stage yet?

There are in fact many differences between airlines, but we'll stick to the cockpit we studied, so Air Berlin. Changing the wav files should be easy though.

We are somewhere between alpha and beta at this moment.

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

in my opinion a virtual cabin like this, is nonsense. a frame killer, and you spend no time in it. hope the aersoft bus dont have one.

• Aerosoft

in my opinion a virtual cabin like this, is nonsense. a frame killer, and you spend no time in it. hope the aersoft bus dont have one.

We won't spend a moment on it, lol. We'll stick to the cockpit as that's what flight simming is.

• Upvote 1

I like passenger cabins, but the general FLAW is that they always look dead and unrealistic

without any single passenger. It´s always like a ghost-ship... :unsure:

Imagine how realistic it was with passengers in it...

But i know what most of us will think: waste of polygons and fps...

It´s the same with the VC: It looks always unrealistic if you have no F/O.

But there´s a promising exception on the horizon. Next level simulations

published screenshots of their A380 VC with F/O! (and not even bad modelled!)

I hope the future will bring more virtual human beeings in VC´s and cabins for more realism...

Regards,

Timo

I like passenger cabins, but the general FLAW is that they always look dead and unrealistic

without any single passenger. It´s always like a ghost-ship... unsure.gif

I hope the future will bring more virtual human beeings in VC´s and cabins for more realism...

Regards,

Timo

Airsimmer wants to do this, too. But in another, buyable, package.

• Aerosoft

without any single passenger. It´s always like a ghost-ship... :unsure:

Regards,

Timo

We experimented with humans in the VC for 3 years now. Sometimes it looks more or less okay in screenshots, but in the sim it always fails. The human mind is so tuned to see problems in a human shape that you need to use a whopping lot of polygons to make it reasonable. In fact we never found a way to make it look okay without spending half the allotted polygons on it. Perhaps if we get another 50% more CPU power and some better support for GPU's.

The best so far is A2A with the Piper. They used a model from TurboSquid (correct me if I am wrong). http://www.turbosqui...x.cfm?id=248996 (and yes you can see here naked (now we can be sure everybody will click that link)). But that thing already has over 20.000 polygons. That 1/3 of what FS2004 can show! Possible in a small model as the Piper. Not in a complex model.

Regards,

Timo

While I like the idea, you know that that's opening up a whole new can of worms, right? Can you imagine posts in a thread like this after first screens of a virtual F/O are posted? You'll have poster after poster requesting a female F/O (or male F/O), various differences in appearance, and of course the one or other person who will request having the option in the installer whether or not to install clothes on the F/O ;)

Cheers,

Tibbo

...and less complaining customers experiencing less than 15 fps over the atlantic in 36.000 ft with such features :blink:

But maybe after AFS2012 there might be developed a "Airliner Passenger simulator 2013 (APS 2013)". I would really like to do a 10 hour trip across the atlantic with a virtual entertainment system. A internet browser would come in handy to see whats happening on the flightsim front :D

Finn

Any other news about the systems or the FMGS?

What about the SID/STAR implemantation in to the FSX Flightplanes? Or can we set manually a fix or a Runway extension?

THX!

Stefan