Aerosoft A-321/320 project

Hi,

really looks amazing! Now I don't know whether I should buy the Airsimmer one the Aerosoft one...Anyways;

Can we see some Pictures of the VC Gauges? How "smooth" are they going to be (I mean the FPS of the gauges)? Are they going to be adjustable?

Is it also possible to make a some kind of Dirty Cockpit glasses on the Gauges? You know what I am saying? Just like posky did in their 777.

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about getting basic A320 from Airsimmer as it will take long time to get the advanced version.

Now I discover this beautiful project and for sure I will buy it when it's ready but I need to know just one thing.

I look for aircraft as real as possible and I fly Maddog because of its realism. (regarding systems and dynamics)

Could you please tell me what things won't include this aircraft for being a "basic" and not "advanced" add on?

I think that you told about being between PMDG and default planes but I would like to know, apart from weather radar, what won't be simulated here.

Maybe it's already said but will it include extensive operational manual?

Thanks a lot and congratulations for your incredible almost real project.

Xiropillo

As soon as we have that livery, not even sure if we'll include it at this moment.

Well why not? Are Italian more important than Austrian ones? Just kidding :P, but it would be a real pleasure for us Austrian's to get this livery :)

• Aerosoft

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about getting basic A320 from Airsimmer as it will take long time to get the advanced version.

Now I discover this beautiful project and for sure I will buy it when it's ready but I need to know just one thing.

I look for aircraft as real as possible and I fly Maddog because of its realism. (regarding systems and dynamics)

Could you please tell me what things won't include this aircraft for being a "basic" and not "advanced" add on?

I think that you told about being between PMDG and default planes but I would like to know, apart from weather radar, what won't be simulated here.

Maybe it's already said but will it include extensive operational manual?

Thanks a lot and congratulations for your incredible almost real project.

Xiropillo

We have no fully decided on that. For sure we not simulate things the way Airsimmers wants to do their complex version as that commercial market is way too small for us. The Maddog is also too complicated fore a mass market that we envision for this project.

• Aerosoft

really looks amazing! Now I don't know whether I should buy the Airsimmer one the Aerosoft one...Anyways;

Well the two projects have not a lot in common, their is FS2004 and focussed on the deep systems, ours is FSX, more aimed towards immersion in the VC and more aimed at a casual user that does not want to study 1000 pages of manual before he can use the systems. So it should not be hard to decide which one suits you best.

Alitalia

Mathijs,

This is wonderful..

Just 2 last remarks from my side on the texture :

- the 2 yellow rings on the wings don't look well integrated in the aircrfat design.... maybe applying a dirt layer would arrange that... just an idea... Right now they look like they have been copy/paste in Microsoft paint.

- the litlle antennas at the extremity of the winglets should be slightly longer or sharper because in reality, these look a little bit better

These are just details but with such a wonderfull achievmemt from the Aerosoft team, that would really "finish" the product.

Thank you

Checkmate, Mathijs! Guess you are right. The exterior model of the Aerosoft Bus looks more compromising!

BTW: Would somebody of the Aerosoft team mind, giving us a list as regards the features of this Aerosoft Airbus X project?

As far as I know this Airbus does not have a FMC, does it? Did the Aerosoft reconsider this point? ;) The FMC would be apprectiated actually...

Checkmate, Mathijs! Guess you are right. The exterior model of the Aerosoft Bus looks more compromising!

BTW: Would somebody of the Aerosoft team mind, giving us a list as regards the features of this Aerosoft Airbus X project?

As far as I know this Airbus does not have a FMC, does it? Did the Aerosoft reconsider this point? ;) The FMC would be apprectiated actually...

Yes, I agree. I have to say that the lack of info on the FMC front is denting my excitement. The Wilco FMC is more than enough for me, don't need anymore than that, if this add-on was to have the same FMC features I would definately buy it, but without a FMC I'm afraid I won't, I'd rather use the Wilco with all its limitations. (Airsimmers is just not an option for me, the lack of time compression is a big no-no for me.... I like doing full flights, and I don't want to watch paint dry at cruise altitude!)

It will be less dramatic on FPS then the PMDG models. And the A320 is planned to be included (as noted already).

[/quote

thank you, and bleh i wasnt even looking at the title saying A-321/320

stupid me haha :P

Good morning all :rolleyes: Now I must admit I don't fully understand the 'time compression thing' because either I have never used it or I have used it and all my aircraft support it! Let me explain, if it's the simulation rate i.e 2x times speed 4x speed etc then I never use it, Its no use for very long haul flights because a lot of information during the flight is lost whether its ATC instructions or simply because the aircraft can lose its track along the flight plan and other things. The method I use (I'm sure a lot of simmers on here know this, but for those who don't-) I use the 'WORLD - MAP' function in the menu bar. If you move the aircraft symbol close along the red flight path line the aircraft will stay 'snapped' to it, move it along the flight path as far as you wish making sure you stay 'snapped' to the red line and stop to where ever you wish to be on the the flight plan. Press ok and FSX will reload to that point in time with all information intact including ATC TIME WEATHER etc. This is the method I use and so if this is whats known as time compression then yes please support it on this Airbus as its very useful although I'm sure its nothing to do with the addon Aircrafts but just a very good feature of FSX. I don't really care for the 'simulation rate' thing because of the reasons I've given above. Anyway Happy Landings! 

Another way to get around the boredom of long haul flights (looking out of the cockpit window for 3 hourzzzzz) What I do when in the quite part of the flight i.e cruising at 30,000 feet at Mach .82) Do a search on google and read up on the destination you are flying to and learn about its culture and geography with a little IMAGINATION, when you land you will feel like you are there, or read up about the airport you intend to land at or even read up about the Airbus and how it works etc. Some may say its sad and fair enough but I find its a great and fun way to learn about the world we live in (I hated Geography at school LOL) and may even make you a better virtual pilot  :rolleyes:  

Good morning all :rolleyes: Now I must admit I don't fully understand the 'time compression thing' because either I have never used it or I have used it and all my aircraft support it! Let me explain, if it's the simulation rate i.e 2x times speed 4x speed etc then I never use it, Its no use for very long haul flights because a lot of information during the flight is lost whether its ATC instructions or simply because the aircraft can lose its track along the flight plan and other things. The method I use (I'm sure a lot of simmers on here know this, but for those who don't-) I use the 'WORLD - MAP' function in the menu bar. If you move the aircraft symbol close along the red flight path line the aircraft will stay 'snapped' to it, move it along the flight path as far as you wish making sure you stay 'snapped' to the red line and stop to where ever you wish to be on the the flight plan. Press ok and FSX will reload to that point in time with all information intact including ATC TIME WEATHER etc. This is the method I use and so if this is whats known as time compression then yes please support it on this Airbus as its very useful although I'm sure its nothing to do with the addon Aircrafts but just a very good feature of FSX. I don't really care for the 'simulation rate' thing because of the reasons I've given above. Anyway Happy Landings!

Well, if you just move the plane across the route, is that reflected in the fuel consumption and the time passed?

Anyway, I guess I speak out of frustration that I can't find a PMDG quality airbus (sadly they themselves don't seem to be saying anything about their airbus project they announced a number of years ago!). I've used their 737 for years which I loved, but I also love the a320 as a passenger, and I would love to have a decent add-on to play with. I would be happy to support this project, I would be happy to pay a lot more than the price mentioned if the final product was pretty close to what PMDG delivers, and I guess that's the point I'd like to make for what is worth.

Well, if you just move the plane across the route, is that reflected in the fuel consumption and the time passed?

Anyway, I guess I speak out of frustration that I can't find a PMDG quality airbus (sadly they themselves don't seem to be saying anything about their airbus project they announced a number of years ago!). I've used their 737 for years which I loved, but I also love the a320 as a passenger, and I would love to have a decent add-on to play with. I would be happy to support this project, I would be happy to pay a lot more than the price mentioned if the final product was pretty close to what PMDG delivers, and I guess that's the point I'd like to make for what is worth.

Yes fuel consumption is accounted for as far as I remember, its a feature of FSX that is often over looked because again it was something that Aces forgot to mention in the so called user manual. All I can say is try it and see, Ive never had any problems using this method and I have a lot of Addon Aircraft! :rolleyes:

I must admit I too felt a little like you did when Aerosoft first mentioned that an Airbus was in Development (There is an earlier thread to this one in the forum board) and there were a few others also. But I must admit I don't have the time anymore to deal with deep system depths such as the PMDG models, I bought there BAe JS4100

Turboprop a little while ago but never flown it! I'm limited to weekend simming these days and that for a couple of hours at the most :mad:. So I came round to the idea that Aerosoft have got it right again. It will still be worth buying though and see how you get on with it I don't think it's too watered down as to not have fun with it no matter what level at simming you are :rolleyes: