Aerosoft A-321/320 project

• Aerosoft

This is the first time I have posted on this forum but the VC cockpit - which is wonderful - seems to have two loc buttons - shouldn't the right one be appr? Or am I missing something?

Richard Pain

Welcome Richard! Could be a texture not yet have been replaced, don't worry.

• Aerosoft

just curious, but i know that the captain sim 757 was and is fs2004 compatible, and it pretty well of the charts graphic-wise, so what exactly makes the cockpit so much more complex?

(im an fsx user but im just curious on what kinds of things are going to be more taxing on systems) B) and lookin forward to the release. so far there isn't an airbus model that meets my graphic standards ;)

Any FS2004 model is limited by the limits of the compiler. You simply can not make any model that is larger then 64 thousand (and change) polygons. We were hitting our heads on that limit as early as 1995. Any new thing added meant that we had to simplify or remove something else. In FSX we don't even know the limit. We only know that we can keep on adding details until your hardware can't handle it. But we done aircraft with 350.000 polygons (so as much details as five FS2004 aircraft together) without problems. Now this does not mean it will look better, it only means it could look better. It's still all in the artist that has to do the modeling.

• Aerosoft

what about the sound?! TSS??? :rolleyes:

Part of the sounds might be bought from TSS indeed, but we are adding around 200 additional sounds that are controlled by our own modules and not by FSX. Every button will have a click for sure.

• Aerosoft

i hope we´ll have a new experience with the sound, hopefully it will sound like you were sitting in a real aircraft

Sure about that?

I mean customers always want to hear flaps and main gears while in a real aircraft they are very hard (if at all) heard in the cockpit. See realism is for us a combination between what is real and what customers expect to get.

• Aerosoft

Hello Finn,

ingenious screenshots! - Congrats!

When can we expect the first screenshots of the ND?

And furthermore: the panel looks very three-dimensional because of

the amount of 3D-elements and slight shadows. Great work!

(But i noticed that the shadow of the gear-lever always stays in the

"up"-position. Is there a way to "link" this shadow with the real

lever-position?

Sorry if this is nit-picking or if this is part of the "work in progress".)

Maybe it´s an option for your aerosoft 2012 sim to have shadows depending

on the light-source.

Regards,

Timo

Dynamic shadowing in the VC is possible in FSX, but it is partly buggy and for sure eats us a huge amount of fps for a effect we think is not ideal. So we are not yet sure if we will use it or not.

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

yes, u cant match aerosoft with airsimmer. airsimmer is a non-serious company (IMO,not of ANYONE else), just to make money, the sell people a 30%, or 40% finished aircraft, which you CANT upgrade!.. well, looking forward to the AEROSOFT AIRBUS X, really really cant wait for the final date! hope mathjis you can help us come through the time with some screens, vids :D;) etc. ..without this beauty! you guys make a great job!

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

Sure about that?

I mean customers always want to hear flaps and main gears while in a real aircraft they are very hard (if at all) heard in the cockpit. See realism is for us a combination between what is real and what customers expect to get.

yes i think a good mix between realsim and "fsx-realsim" is a good solution ....are there already any plans about the liveries which will be included?

Airsimmers asked us (by means of a legal letter from their legal department no less!) not to compare their Airbus with our Airbus. Not even when I seriously applaud what they done in modeling within the 1994 limitations of FS2004 (great stuff), not even when asked by users. You make up your own mind with that info. See the images here.

Now how do I get that smug grin from my face?

Mathijs, I am convinced even if I could not see the comparison shots from AS...... what other reason could have pushed them to ask you to remove these.. ? he he he ..... WE CAN'T WAIT ! (not the world cup, the Aerosoft Airbus X !!!)

Hello everyone , i am new here, i from france (Paris)

First, happy new year to everyone, wish you the best.

I'm just want to know an estimate date for the release of the aerosoft airbus..

thanks you for your futur answers.

best regards Akram

Mathijs, what about getting two fly's in one smack?

1) I guess that _for_ Aerosoft to do the best possible stand alone simulator, atleast doing one advanced airliner would give experience that could strengthen the AS2012 project?

2) Since I guess alot of us who are interested in advanced airline simulators, are not going to buy an add-on from a bunch of ****ers. There could be a marked for an expansion of your initial airbus, and perhaps a marked for personal satisfaction? I would gladly pay 100$ extra for an advanced version, as well as printed documentation and a nice airbus joystick to go with it. Am I alone?

• Aerosoft

yes i think a good mix between realsim and "fsx-realsim" is a good solution ....are there already any plans about the liveries which will be included?

No but let's discuss that in a different topic.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=31387

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, what about getting two fly's in one smack?

1) I guess that _for_ Aerosoft to do the best possible stand alone simulator, atleast doing one advanced airliner would give experience that could strengthen the AS2012 project?

2) Since I guess alot of us who are interested in advanced airline simulators, are not going to buy an add-on from a bunch of ****ers. There could be a marked for an expansion of your initial airbus, and perhaps a marked for personal satisfaction? I would gladly pay 100$ extra for an advanced version, as well as printed documentation and a nice airbus joystick to go with it. Am I alone?

Four flies in fact! This model will be used for FSX, AS3, a professional project we can't talk about and when time comes for AFS2012. It is fully ready for the superb DX11 options we indent to use in that sim.

And a spin off from the professional project could be a more complex FSX version. We'll see.

• Aerosoft

Hello everyone , i am new here, i from france (Paris)

First, happy new year to everyone, wish you the best.

I'm just want to know an estimate date for the release of the aerosoft airbus..

thanks you for your futur answers.

best regards Akram

End Feb or March.

• Aerosoft

The bird is now back from the paint shop. That means all details of the textures are now added. What's still missing is a additional layer of speculars (what makes it reflect and shine) and a layer of dirt that will make it look more realistic. Those will be added tomorrow.

We also got the modeling of the engines, as part of the flight model, completed. I can just say that it's pretty amazing. We really used a lot of data so there is not a lot of interpretation from FSX needed something that often leads to smallish issues. I don't say that a lot (I hate it when people say how realistic something in FS is), but some of this is just spot on.

post-43-126280165043_thumb.jpg

post-43-126280165879_thumb.jpg

post-43-126280166568_thumb.jpg

post-43-126280167431_thumb.jpg

post-43-126280168173_thumb.jpg

post-43-126280168951_thumb.jpg

Guest AngelsAndAirwaves

always a pleasure those screens, and yes add some dirt, and WOW , just amazing look! very good job gentelman!

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G !!! with the dirt layer, it's gonna be the best aircraft ever created for FSX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LONG LIVE AEROSOFT !

Greg, Paris

Guest inbrekers1
It is fully ready for the superb DX11 options we indent to use in that sim.

I didn't even now anything like DX11 was already being made. I'm sure that the guys from Aerosoft will make it look superb in both FSX as ASF2012.

Ok tks for reply , another question, how many differents liveries with the aircraft? and what ?

best regards Akram

thanks you for your amasing job