Soooo......any news?

Raptor05121

The absence of regularly official statements about this topic it’s quite concerning and clearly shows no commitment nor loyalty towards its consumers.

The aircraft totally broke after SU 5, that’s 9 SU’s ago and not even a simple official tiny fix for the absent autopilot.

• Upvote 3

Serious question: do you really think than this non-stop immature whining in the thread will make devs work quicker on the updates? 

Hans said there will be update, then there will be an update. If you want instant gratification, pick a different hobby. Or better yet, start your own flightsim software company.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, S P said:

Serious question: do you really think than this non-stop immature whining in the thread will make devs work quicker on the updates? 

Hans said there will be update, then there will be an update. If you want instant gratification, pick a different hobby. Or better yet, start your own flightsim software company.

I don't think anyone would purchase an Aerosoft product expecting "instant" (or any other kind of gratification) with regard to updates.   Slamming paying customers with legitimate complaints isn't going to get you anywhere, except a possible job offer to replace the last mouthpiece who quit a while back.    It's sad, the CRJ was the first airliner I purchased when I got back into simming.   Despite it's list of issues, it was a pretty decent jet and it gave me many hours of enjoyment until other products came along which totally eclipsed it.   If only it's developers had put a token amount of time into addressing some of it's shortcomings, I'd probably still be flying it and I think the outlook of the community would be much more understanding.   But alas....

For me, the hope is prospective new customers see this CRJ update issue as not an isolated incident and ultimately they choose to not spend their money on products from this company moving forward. Unfortunately people, myself included, don't always do sufficient due dilligence before purchasing. I'm quite surprised this thread and others like it are still up on AS forums. You would think this is bad publicity and they would want to rein it in. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/8/2024 at 10:17 AM, S P said:

Most of the comments are not whining, they are asking for a status and providing clear timelines of when they started encountering issues, and its been confirmed for 6+ months now that an update was being worked on. For some of these issues, it would be worth while for the developer to try and push some incremental tests or fixes, beta releases maybe. 

But if everyone is silent, does that help the developer improve the product? The forum is here for that exact reason, and clearly you and Aerosoft cant handle it. 

• Upvote 4

My suspicion still stands: I believe that Aerosoft is a prime developer for MSFS 2024 with the CRJ, and an NDA is prohibiting them from talking about it.

7 hours ago, austrian niki said:

Last A330 Update has been over a month ago…

i dont believe it is an  nda preventing them sharing imho they threw in the towel !! Simware or Dave tell me different. warm regards steve the old fart

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, amahran said:

My suspicion still stands: I believe that Aerosoft is a prime developer for MSFS 2024 with the CRJ, and an NDA is prohibiting them from talking about it.

Not a chance, lol.

On 1/11/2024 at 7:32 AM, austrian niki said:

Last A330 Update has been over a month ago…

Hmmm, indeed, really makes you think. It's almost as if this month of December had some significance in the Western calendar for the last couple of millennia... 

While I can't understand the aggressive tone or exaggerations in some of the comments one can read all over the internet, I understand the basic rationale behind it: Aerosoft has fallen very silent in the course of the last year. The A330 seemed pretty close to release, now we get occasional status updates on the new product page, but not the slightest inkling whether the project is close to completion or not. Mathijs Kok left the company, which seems to emphasize that things are not how they used to be at Aerosoft. The CRJ hasn't gotten an update in a long time - and I understand Hans Hartmann's rationale behind it, especially since he was busy with the ATR, but still I can understand customers who would like to see some progress instead of getting "abandonware vibes". Oslo will certainly be another great scenery from Jo Erlend Sund, but completion is also taking a lot of time while there have been other versions on the market for a long time. Then there was the confusion and also mess around the Twin Otter. And heck, it has even been many months since I have been last offered any update for my existing Aerosoft purchases within Aerosoft One.

In total, it has been a long time since Aerosoft reminded us of its role as an important player in the flightsim scene. I get it that Aerosoft and its developers or its partners work on their major projects and those projects take time (and apparently more time than originally expected by large parts of the community or maybe even the developers themselves?). Yes, Aerosoft has released new products also in 2023, but somehow there is never anything that has the "wow" factor or is at least a major landmark, just like the release of the first modern high-fidelity long-haul aircraft for MSFS would be.

So it is very unfortunate, in my view, that Aerosoft is currently cumulating delays and "pieces of silence" (for the lack of a better word) instead of still reminding us that they are still a present force in the world of flight simulation. I hope that 2024 will change something for the better, but 2023 really wasn't the best year for Aerosoft or those who still expect something from this company.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FWAviation said:

While I can't understand the aggressive tone or exaggerations in some of the comments one can read all over the internet, I understand the basic rationale behind it: Aerosoft has fallen very silent in the course of the last year. The A330 seemed pretty close to release, now we get occasional status updates on the new product page, but not the slightest inkling whether the project is close to completion or not. Mathijs Kok left the company, which seems to emphasize that things are not how they used to be at Aerosoft. The CRJ hasn't gotten an update in a long time - and I understand Hans Hartmann's rationale behind it, especially since he was busy with the ATR, but still I can understand customers who would like to see some progress instead of getting "abandonware vibes". Oslo will certainly be another great scenery from Jo Erlend Sund, but completion is also taking a lot of time while there have been other versions on the market for a long time. Then there was the confusion and also mess around the Twin Otter. And heck, it has even been many months since I have been last offered any update for my existing Aerosoft purchases within Aerosoft One.

In total, it has been a long time since Aerosoft reminded us of its role as an important player in the flightsim scene. I get it that Aerosoft and its developers or its partners work on their major projects and those projects take time (and apparently more time than originally expected by large parts of the community or maybe even the developers themselves?). Yes, Aerosoft has released new products also in 2023, but somehow there is never anything that has the "wow" factor or is at least a major landmark, just like the release of the first modern high-fidelity long-haul aircraft for MSFS would be.

So it is very unfortunate, in my view, that Aerosoft is currently cumulating delays and "pieces of silence" (for the lack of a better word) instead of still reminding us that they are still a present force in the world of flight simulation. I hope that 2024 will change something for the better, but 2023 really wasn't the best year for Aerosoft or those who still expect something from this company.

Oslo is an entire year behind the previously stated schedule by Jo...an entire year! If I were a year late in my profession, I would be fired. And it's not about delivering a unfinished product, it's about giving customers accurate timelines.

1 hour ago, FrankGehry said:

And it's not about delivering an unfinished product, it's about giving customers accurate timelines.

It’s not about accurate timelines imho, it’s about a sign of life that things are moving. A teaser, a description of the update, a dev update of some kind, some indication of a heartbeat that actual progress is being made is all most people want. 

DCS does a really good job at this by continually showing progress updates even if they’re not polished, but it shows Eagle Dynamics is actively making progress. As a result, everyone is continually engaged. If ED just updated DCS once every few months and provided no update or idea of what they’re working on, you could imagine the DCS community would be sour and unenthusiastic.

7 hours ago, amahran said:

DCS does a really good job at this by continually showing progress updates even if they’re not polished, but it shows Eagle Dynamics is actively making progress.

And the developer for the CRJ had specifically said, and I quote: "I'm not a friend of creating hypes or posting WIP screenshots every other day."

On 1/13/2024 at 11:18 AM, amahran said:

It’s not about accurate timelines imho, it’s about a sign of life that things are moving. A teaser, a description of the update, a dev update of some kind, some indication of a heartbeat that actual progress is being made is all most people want. 

DCS does a really good job at this by continually showing progress updates even if they’re not polished, but it shows Eagle Dynamics is actively making progress. As a result, everyone is continually engaged. If ED just updated DCS once every few months and provided no update or idea of what they’re working on, you could imagine the DCS community would be sour and unenthusiastic.

I think the inaccurate timelines are encouraged by the lack of progress on their projects. If they want to appear as though they have some exciting add-ons coming out soon, they may tell us that something is 'months away' or 'coming soon' when, in fact, it is still a year or more away.

Nobody is expecting a feature length blog with hype and a thesis about every detail 3 times a week. But I'm sorry, the current state and the current statement from the developer just doesn't cut it. It has been almost 2 years since the last update of the CRJ, it is way behind on everything and has broken features due to Sim Updates. And I dont know the developer Hans, and have no reason to trust his word "I'm working on it, trust me" when there's simply nothing to show for it at all after all this time. The fact that this airplane is still being sold in its current state baffles me, as does the defending of this kind of attitude towards customers. All I'm saying is that it doesn't hurt to sit down once a month or something and write a short post about what is being worked on, maybe share a screenshot and some planned things that still remains to be done. Show that something has been done, and it is being actively worked on. Total radio silence just makes it seem shady and gives no reason to trust that it is anything but abandonware. If the product management is so understaffed that it really takes years to complete a single update, then it is perhaps time to pull it from the market until it is done. 

• Like 11

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Lars K. Rønes:

Nobody is expecting a feature length blog with hype and a thesis about every detail 3 times a week. But I'm sorry, the current state and the current statement from the developer just doesn't cut it. It has been almost 2 years since the last update of the CRJ, it is way behind on everything and has broken features due to Sim Updates. And I dont know the developer Hans, and have no reason to trust his word "I'm working on it, trust me" when there's simply nothing to show for it at all after all this time. The fact that this airplane is still being sold in its current state baffles me, as does the defending of this kind of attitude towards customers. All I'm saying is that it doesn't hurt to sit down once a month or something and write a short post about what is being worked on, maybe share a screenshot and some planned things that still remains to be done. Show that something has been done, and it is being actively worked on. Total radio silence just makes it seem shady and gives no reason to trust that it is anything but abandonware. If the product management is so understaffed that it really takes years to complete a single update, then it is perhaps time to pull it from the market until it is done. 

Aerosoft is just mocking their customers at this point…

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mikkel said:

The ATR got a new update before the weekend.

And A330 got postponed until the MSFS2024 release. So bring your torches and pitchforks and screams how Aerosoft is letting everyone down. 

First of all, I don't think anyone are customers of the A330 for MSFS. So no one are entitled to anything in that regard.

Secondly, Hans Hartmann is as far as I know not involved in the A330 project, he is however involved with the ATR, and since that plane just got updated, I'm hoping for some news regarding the CRJ, as I would guess he and his team will have some time for that product now?

Like I said: I’m fully convinced that Aerosoft is a prime developer for Microsoft for MSFS2024, and this delay just cements my conviction.

And back to the CRJ, I would not be surprised if the same will happen here.

2 hours ago, amahran said:

Like I said: I’m fully convinced that Aerosoft is a prime developer for Microsoft for MSFS2024...

But we have not heard any news from Microsoft on MSFS2024 for MONTHS!! At this point, MSFS2024 is nothing but abandonware! 

18 minutes ago, S P said:

But we have not heard any news from Microsoft on MSFS2024 for MONTHS!! At this point, MSFS2024 is nothing but abandonware! 

Is this an attempt of sarcastic humor towards people who would like their CRJ to work? 

• Upvote 2