Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, mikewhiskey said:

The hard question is, how do you decide what’s worth your time and what’s not?

In principle we only cover SOP on an aircraft with as modern systems as possible (so no outdated systems), nothing that is not 'standard' There are some gray area and there is overlap with professional projects that require far more system depth, but we have been doing this for the last 10 years and feel very happy in this regime and in the price range we are in. Other companies do things different, that is the beauty of having a choice.  Many people like it, some do not and they should not buy the product.  Never understood why somebody would post in a preview topic that you do not like the product they have not yet seen, lol. 

I make those decisions based on my experience with customers and in a discussion with people who advise me. Many of those professional pilots. There might be some give and take but in the last 5 years there has been very little change in what we do. Biggest changes have always been making the system up to date. I always use this analogy, there are a lot of systems and MCDU pages that will only popup when two engines fail in flight. Believe me, very complex to program, after all this is not a 737 where systems are far less integrated.  And these is only one documented incident when those system acted, that was the Hudson landing. In around 20.00.000 hours of total flight hours for the A320 series.  So if somebody simulates all of that (correctly) it would simulate an event that happens once every 20 million hours.  Most flights are aborted because of passenger problems and an amazing amount are cut short because of odors on the flight deck. I would like to simulate those things as they are what pilots encounter. The last 330 flight I was on was aborted when there was only one working toilet left and we had another 4 hours to go. I was seated close to the remaining toilet and appreciated that decision.  

All discussions on pricing are rather without reason as even I do not know what we will ask. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, n!ke said:

So the A330 will cost 17,50$?
PMDGs 737-600 cost 35$
Fair Enough

DC6 - $69.99

737-800 - $74.99

737-700 - $74.99

737-600 - $34.99

Plus tax as all those prices without VAT when you have to pay that. And as a friend of PMDG, worth every penny. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Hi!

Something I liked with the Aerosoft Airbuses for P3d was to get automatic calculations for example blockfuel and V-speeds in the MCDU easy by clicking the corresponding key. And it was also easy to get the flight plan automatically inside the MCDU. Will that kind of helpfull functions be available in this new A330? It makes it far quicker to get up in the air.

Best regards Jan

vor 2 Stunden schrieb ktomais:

The initial 737 package that established the technology was the 737-700 (I believe $70), so probably you should be considering half of that.

Nope, you only need the 737-600 for 35$. 

• Like 1

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

DC6 - $69.99

737-800 - $74.99

737-700 - $74.99

737-600 - $34.99

Plus tax as all those prices without VAT when you have to pay that. And as a friend of PMDG, worth every penny. 

So 17,50$ plus tax? 

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

DC6 - $69.99

737-800 - $74.99

737-700 - $74.99

737-600 - $34.99

it's expensive as even at Pmdg we count on you Mathijs would make it cheaper  the a330 lol 😁

• Upvote 2

Assuming that the Twin Otter is around €36, and the CRJ is around €50, I'm going to give the price of the A330 around €55/60. As Mathijs stated, there is no set price for this aircraft but this would make the most sense, even if it's a bit more than this.

I wouldn't mind paying this, as I'm craving it for long haul in MSFS. Can't wait for the bird to fly this year!

• Like 1

U realy think it will cost €55-60? Then I expect an almost FENIX quality...

But we will see. I will definitely not spend more than 30€ for this quality, which I have already seen.

The Quality in the Preview Screenshots is far down then MSFS Standard and I am not alone in this opinion.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, n!ke said:

U realy think it will cost €55-60? Then I expect an almost FENIX quality...

But we will see. I will definitely not spend more than 30€ for this quality, which I have already seen.

The Quality in the Preview Screenshots is far down then MSFS Standard and I am not alone in this opinion.

There's a biiiiiiiiig difference which you're not realising. The images are not the final product, it is an unreleased product :)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

vor 9 Minuten schrieb TomReborn:

There's a biiiiiiiiig difference which you're not realising. The images are not the final product, it is an unreleased product :)

That is why I wrote "we will see" ;)

1 hour ago, TomReborn said:

Well Fenix and pmdg released images and videos long before their release and there wasn't any significant changes. The aerosoft a330 should be cheaper than the fenix as it will be far less in depth.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I don't think any amount of discussion in here about the price point will have any influence on the company's decision...  Personally, I'll wait and see rather than speculate against other company's products

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

I don't care about the price, I am 68 yr old retired but I will pay whatever is asked. I had the P3D version, and I loved it but now in MSFS. I only hope that that there is a Volume  6 included this time. 

JeffG

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Please login to display this image.

Aaaaaabsolutely beautiful!! How long on average does it take for the painters to create one livery, so in this case, the TAP livery?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

wow so beautiful I prepare my flight Paris Orly -faro 😁I noticed a detail but the lighting will be led?

Mathijs few question regarding the MSFS version.

- You mentioned that you re-worked all the sounds, on the P3D version the ambiance of avionics and packs was missing and the clicking sounds on the MCDU, Overhead and etc. was not realistic.

- Is it possible to put Radial Fix from the F/O's MCDU?

- One more thing which I remember that when you disconnected the A/P with AP I & AP II on, the "disconnect sound and the Downgrade sound (triple click)" was playing at the same time. Actually it should be coming with a little difference time wise.

How are these things on the MSFS version? Looking forward to fly with this beauty, keep up this beautiful work!

• Upvote 1