Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Nicholas Hansen said:

Hi mathijs , just wondering how is the progress going along so far? :) 

Ups and downs, not as fast as we all like but I think that is to be expected with a first project of this magnitude for MSFS from this team. It really is a lot more complex then the CRJ was! 

It is also super frustrating at times when we try to get something done that does not work. For example today we wasted a heck of a lot of time on a light function that just does not do what we expect it to do. Just dropped a message to PDMG as I think they have the same issue. There are in the cockpit alone 16 lights. And Airbus has spread the controls over every possible panel. 

• Like 5

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Okay, we have some extra time for liveries so I will take suggestions for the next 48 hours. Keep in mind we do the RR variant first.

We have now Eurowings, Swiss, Lufthansa and VirginAtlantic and BA liveries. Seriously suggested now are TAP, SAS, Cathay Pacific and Air Canada.

We need big carriers in our important customer locations.

Maybe the Original Airbus livery or the Qatar Airways livery

• Aerosoft
29 minutes ago, Pilotamg said:

I hope that pmdg will help you find a solution to this problem, I'm crossing my fingers for you, on Prepar3d you have encountered so many problems?

Oh yes, in P3D we at least as many problems. And we had to find work around there as well if asking Lockheed did not help (Lockheed was certainly up to P3D v3 extremely open and helpful). 

• Like 1

Liveries I would like to suggest (not all as too much work maybe):

Turkish Airlines

Air China

Air Transat

Etihad (A6-AFA maybe?) 

WOW

American (I know they only had -200 with RR)

• Aerosoft
18 minutes ago, Dutch_fsx_Pilot said:

Does that make dutch people only able to fly KLM? :( 

Lol. 

The issue is that we need to cater to our customers.  I looked at customers who's data (we do not collect a lot so I could only go for Omani email addresses) indicates they are from Oman and I could not find a single Omani customer using that. None.  Now ask me for customers close the Frankfurt airport... See what I mean?

Customer buy what they know. They buy the aircraft they went on vacation in and the airports they been at.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Lol. 

The issue is that we need to cater to our customers.  I looked at customers who's data (we do not collect a lot so I could only go for Omani email addresses) indicates they are from Oman and I could not find a single Omani customer using that. None.  Now ask me for customers close the Frankfurt airport... See what I mean?

Customer buy what they know. They buy the aircraft they went on vacation in and the airports they been at.

But what if i wanna fly Oman Air? 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Okay, we have some extra time for liveries so I will take suggestions for the next 48 hours. Keep in mind we do the RR variant first.

We have now Eurowings, Swiss, Lufthansa and VirginAtlantic and BA liveries. Seriously suggested now are TAP, SAS, Cathay Pacific and Air Canada.

We need big carriers in our important customer locations.

I'd say Finnair although they use GE CF6 for their A330.

35 minutes ago, imasnob said:

But what if i wanna fly Oman Air? 

Then you just wait for a repaint on the forums… it’s not that difficult 

• Upvote 1

As the two above said ^ People shouldn't be getting disheartened if their livery isn't added by Aerosoft, look at how many liveries are available for PMDG's family on flightsim.to, I'm sure your livery will be added within the first few days there :)

The liveries being requested here by Mathijs are just simply liveries that will be added right away upon downloading