Will Twin Otter Extended be fully supported in P3Dv3 ?

User_34235

• 2 weeks later...

Why not consider a new version of the Twin Otter, let's call it Twin OTTER Extended V2, or Twin Otter Extended Reloded :), with F1 GTN integration and P3D V3 compatibility,

I would pay extra bucks for those 2 features. I think i'm not the only one.

Don't let this bird down, it is one major asset of Aerosoft (maybe it is not, i like to think it is), and P3D V3 is the future of simulation meiner Meinung nach

Why not consider a new version of the Twin Otter, let's call it Twin OTTER Extended V2, or Twin Otter Extended Reloded :), with F1 GTN integration and P3D V3 compatibility,

I would pay extra bucks for those 2 features. I think i'm not the only one.

Don't let this bird down, it is one major asset of Aerosoft (maybe it is not, i like to think it is), and P3D V3 is the future of simulation meiner Meinung nach

Completely I support!!!

In the meantime, did anybody already try running it in v3? Any issues to fix?

F1 GTN integration is not expected however.

Hi

I recently moved to P3D v3 from FSX and updated the Antarctica X scenery to the latest version 1.1, but the DHC-6 that ships with that is not behaving at all. The main problem is that it is unstable in the sense that it behaves as if it has no dihedral angle. The real aircraft is much easier to fly than this :-)

Just out of sheer recklessness, I tried overwriting the ASC.DLL file with the SKIWHEEL one out the TW_Hotfix1-4_Complete to see if it helped, but there was no noticeable improvement.

The AntarcticaX scenery appears to work fine in v3. I have not yet seen any problems.

Regards
Jason

By the way, I fully support what posters are asking for here - an updated or new version of the Otter that works for P3D v3. I would buy this. I've noticed from comments in various simulation forums that a number of FSX users have been keeping a close eye on P3D, and when version 3 was released, decided it was time to move over. So there's a new wave of P3D users looking to migrate their aircraft and scenery, with varying success.

The Antarctica Polar version still needs it´s own hotfix 1-4 update, but none of the hotfixes include flightmodel changes.

I use the Twin Otter (standalone version) myself in P3D V3 with no issues. I only need to test if the Flightrecorder also works as advertised witin P3D V3.

I´m not sure why You sa: "The real aircraft is much easier to fly than this"...

During developement we had a reallife Twin Otter pilot and serveral other experts to check the flightmodel and they found the flightmodel quite accurate.

Does Your statement mean that Your a reallife Twin Otter pilot too , or do You just anticipate the Aerosoft Twin otter not to be accurate because You expected it to behave differently ?

Finn

Hi 

Just to clear up any confusion, although I've only used the Polar version, I think that the Aerosoft Otter is one of the best aircraft available for the platforms of FSX and P3D. It's top notch quality, superbly detailed and I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the flight model when everything is working as it should be.

I was just trying to describe a problem that I have encountered with the behaviour of the Polar version of Otter in Antartica X, in my installation of it on P3D v3. I did not mean to imply anything about the quality of the product. I'm not a real-life Otter pilot but I am real-life GA pilot and one thing I know about Cessna's and Pipers I have flown is that they are inherently stable aircraft. If properly trimmed, you can let go of the controls in calm weather and they fly straight and level. I believe this applies to most fixed winged aircraft, and I can't imagine that the Otter would behave differently. But with my installation, I can't let go of the controls for more than a few seconds. It will start to roll, either left or right. If left too long, it will turn upside and crash. It can't be trimmed. I have also tried removing the joystick, just in case that was the cause, but it doesn't help.

/Jason

Hi

I was playing with P3D again at the weekend, and now I've noticed the problem appear on a couple of other ported aircraft in v3, so it looks like this has nothing to do with the Otter. Apologies.

/Jason

In the meantime, did anybody already try running it in v3? Any issues to fix?

F1 GTN integration is not expected however.

I only have P3Dv3 on a new PC now.

I downloaded a fresh copy of TwinOtter v1.11 and pointed it to P3Dv3 for install = all ok

Quick Test flight = ok.

Setup with FSUIPC = ok

Downloaded the complete HotFix 1-4 = and quick flight = ok.

I did not install Flight Recorder.

I did not downlaod the Twotter Sound package from SimMarket.

Anybody know if the Sound pack is ok to install?

Just installed mine in P3D3, no issues at all, working like it should. Checklist, AP, animations, everything. Great!

REALLY nice to have it on v3, I love this plane!!

Cheers,

Sergio

Hello everyone,

After a long break I have installed a fresh professional P3D v3, installed the ORBX stuff and am looking forward to flying the Twin Otter Extended.

I expect no issues as you guys reported, still I am not sure if to install as is or wait for a formal installer. The reason is I am not sure how the Aerosoft Installer and Launcher will behave, currently there are only FSX products on my PC.

I understand the installer verifies all products, so will it see the P3D Otter? Do I have to uninstall the current plane and reinstall the new one to P3D? Will it conflict whenever the new installer comes out?

Appreciate your advice to help me decide if to wait for a formal release or not.

Thank you

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Moshe,

welcome back, long time no see ;)

First of all forget about the Launcher, as it is meanwhile only optional and products do not longer need it to be activated.

If the Twotter runs well, I see no need to remove it and install it via a maybe upcoming installer, other then explicitly mentioned. Until then simply enjoy it.

Hi Moshe,

welcome back, long time no see ;)

First of all forget about the Launcher, as it is meanwhile only optional and products do not longer need it to be activated.

If the Twotter runs well, I see no need to remove it and install it via a maybe upcoming installer, other then explicitly mentioned. Until then simply enjoy it.

Thanks a lot, Otto, great meeting you again.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but a -400 series won't happen. It would basically be a completly new airplane seeing the completly different cockpit.

On 11/10/2015, 3:42:47, Emanuel Hagen said:

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but a -400 series won't happen. It would basically be a completly new airplane seeing the completly different cockpit.

Awww...it's okay fellas...thank you for making the Twin Otter series...can't wait for the other aircrafts to be release. Keep up the good work~!

#PrayForFrance

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the Otter today because it says it's P3D compatible. I'm running V3, Windows 10.  While the plane seems to fly okay, and looks okay, I get an error log after closing P3D.  It's comprised of 13 errors, a few are GaugeName Prop Beta, some sound.cfg errors etc. A few mention "verify the correct version of SimConnect is installed". Anyone know how to fix this?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

the Twin Otter Extended is not yet P3Dv3 compatible. Just v1 and v2. From the product page:

System requirements:
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack or Gold Edition) or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V2
Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8 (all fully updated) (64 bit version highly recommended)
3.0 GHz processor (Dual Core processor or equivalent system recommended)
2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
Mouse with mouse wheel  (please note the controller and mouse with mouse wheel are absolutely needed)
3D Graphics Card with minimal 512 MB (2 GB recommended)
Control unit (joystick) with throttle and rudder control
Download-Size: 450 MB 
Installations-Size: 1.8 GB

You can completely ignore those error messages. LM has tightened the format rules for XML files, but reads older files still flawless. If you don't want to see those error messages every time you exit P3D you can disable then in the General Options (Content Error Logging, Scenario Error Logging).

Archived