skitchie98

MCDU Options Greyed Out and St. Elmos Fire

Hi guys- I launched the airbus and it started up ready to fly with the St. Elmo's Fire going ham on the windshield. I figured, alright, I'll just set it to Cold & Dark and it'll get sorted, but in the secret MCDU the Doors, Ground Services, and Aircraft State options are all greyed out. I tried installing SimConnect since that was what fixed it in the FSX version but alas, nothing. Any help is appreciated!

If the options are not available it means the conditions are not set.  Engines off and Braket set?

We're aware of both problems, they were first reported by the Beta Team this morning with the new installer.  We're looking at this, and will report back as soon as we can.

Yep, confirmed engines are off and parking brakes set, still nothing. I can put in fuel/pax though, and the St. Elmo's Fire is still rampant across the windshield.

Ok, I have to run some errands so I won't be able to check in until later in the day. But thank you guys for trying to help, can't wait to fly it around!!

Just to make sure... what's the weather engine and what's the weather? Is there any thunder around that could trigger the St-Elmo's Fire?

Negative, just Active Sky Next, and the weather is simply overcast, no thunder is in the forecast.

Okay, thanks for that. It's being looked into. We have seen this in our test but never been able to track it down. If there are other people who see it please report here.

vor 14 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Okay, thanks for that. It's being looked into. We have seen this in our test but never been able to track it down. If there are other people who see it please report here.

Same for me! St-Elmo's Fire going wild on the windshield. MCDU-Options greyed out and no sound in cockpit except engines.

I can make a video if this would help.

Not needed. We're trying to find out why this happens for a few customers now. Must be something that these systems have in common.

G'day! I experience the same issue. No matter if Active Sky Next is enabled or not. The MCDU Screen Options are greyed out and the new Elmo's Fire Effect is going rampage with clear weather set.

Okay, so we have 7 people now who reported this. Frank is looking at this issue right now.

• Upvote 1

... 8 people 

and no reaction of the aileron and elevator (sidestick and the cross on the PFD are moving)

Hi I just noticed on the spec sheet that it is for 4.3.I am running 4.2 is that the problem?

That could very well be. It is absolutely not compatible with 4.2.

I have the problem on the V4.3

Thanx Mathijs Will update to 4.3 and keep you informed

I  have the forked lightening or St Elmo effect on 4.3.  Just from inside the cockpit, not visible outside.

2 minutes ago, nextgeneric said:

Add me to the list of users having this issue. Running P3D version 4.1.

image.png

• Like 1

Just updated to 4.3. Works as intended. I am sorry for the trouble, I'll make sure to not have a brain freeze the next time.

• Upvote 3