Varanasi preview (released, topic closed)

• Aerosoft

Okay, so YOU might now know Varanasi (I'll be honest, I did not) but it is a very important and big city in India. It's history is richer then most European countries together. But it is in India and as such out of the way for many of our customers.

And still we will soon release a high end scenery for the main airport of Varanasi. Just as we done with Yekaterinburg and other projects we feel it is very important to expand, to add more scenery to the world in FSX that is not in Western Europe. We see a big increase in paying customers from India (and other countries close to that) so when Andras Kozma showed us the images we jumped at the chance. Andras knows the airport very well as he travels there a lot (see here why, he really is pretty famous there). He is also notoriously modest and will ask me to remove the link. I will then counter with a list of very famous people he performed with and win the argument. He knows this airport, he spend a whole load of time there and he does know how it should look in FS. It's a project I a proud to show the first images off as I know this will be a labor of love and not something done for money.

It is very much work in progress, you will notice the whole ground is not yet inserted, but the objects and loving attention to detail already shows.

post-43-0-25649500-1343227839_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-75897600-1343227847_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-81886600-1343227854_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-74226500-1343227860_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-32935800-1343227866_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-88840500-1343227871_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-76696500-1343227875_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-51028700-1343227882_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-56568000-1343227889_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-23360300-1343227895_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-83030400-1343227900_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-18959700-1343227905_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-06602000-1343227910_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-60066100-1343227914_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-26733300-1343227918_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-02781500-1343227922_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-45006200-1343227925_thumb.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cptawsom

Very interesting, on a suprising, little-known destination.

I have to admit, that the only cities in India I knew, were Delhi, Mumbai and Calcutta.

PS: And I do try to keep up with my geography, whenever possible, since my high-school years.

• Aerosoft

Very interesting, on a suprising, little-known destination.

I have to admit, that the only cities in India I knew, were Delhi, Mumbai and Calcutta.

PS: And I do try to keep up with my geography, whenever possible, since my high-school years.

Ain't it strange we do not even know the name of cities like this, cities with 3,500.000 million souls? China is full of them. And we better know about them as they are going to be important. China is building 100 new major airports at this moment. France is building zero, Germany is building one (and not doing too well), UK is building none.

Maybe the reason for that is that Europe is already paved with large airports, while until recently China and India weren't. Those cities are big indeed, but most of it's citizens live in poorness and will most likely never fly so there's no need for large airports. At least, until now that was the situation. But as these countries are economically developing and becoming less poor, there's going to be need for larger airports.

Most of Europe's large airports have been built in the sixties and seventies, when Europe was undergoing a large economic growth. The same thing now happens in India and China.

Great!!!! I actually traveled there many years ago, but that was on the roof of a bus with a backpack in tow instead of flying in. Great to hear that Andras has taken this one on! Ravi Shankar, was born in Varanasi - wonder if the choice to model the airport was influenced by that, or just the fact that Andras spent so much time there... Any way - will be buying for sure - really looking forward to the 'Andras Kozma' treatment to the surrounding area - it is an amazing spot!

Will it come for FS2004, too?

It would be a nice destination from Dehli Imaginesim

When you enter this forum "Previews" you can see in the name of the topic, for which versions each product will be developed.

Yes, it will be for FS2004.

Since I don't know the Airport or the City - it does really interest me to fly there with FSX. The question is, is this Airport suitable for Long Haul Aircrafts like the 747, MD-11, 767, 777?

Would be a great addition to my Sceneries, since I haven'T any in this region to date. :-)

Yes, you'll be able to land there with the big stuff.

... but it might become quite a tight issue to get out there again for example with a 744 at MTOW. According to the available publications for VIBN the take-off distance is less than 2.500 m which means you will make it hardly over the surrounding fence!

• Aerosoft

... but it might become quite a tight issue to get out there again for example with a 744 at MTOW. According to the available publications for VIBN the take-off distance is less than 2.500 m which means you will make it hardly over the surrounding fence!

Only at 264 meters, that helps.

But it will be hot there rather often, that hurts

Which means I can get a fully loaded 767 from LOWW to VIBN and land there, and for the leg back I have to be only lightly loaded on Fuel and take a Stop to fly back - which is ok for me, as long as I am able to go there :-)

count me in on this one :-)

Which means I can get a fully loaded 767 from LOWW to VIBN and land there, and for the leg back I have to be only lightly loaded on Fuel and take a Stop to fly back - which is ok for me, as long as I am able to go there :-) [ ... ]

Exactly - OPKC looks like a suitable option - roughly 2,5 hours flying time for your 767 and it offers two nice RWYs with sufficient take-off distance even for long distance flights. Don' t ask me for the present fuel prices though :) .

Vara...what?? Varanasi? -Okay, why not, if you say it is an important City. I'm not worried about the quality of the final product, it will be perfect as always, but I'm worried that never built airports like YSSY Sydney for example never will be developed by aerosoft, even if it is known worldwide, popular world wide, and missing in the FS world for ages!

YSSY has already been done by another developer. It's good to see Aerosoft bringing in original projects, expanding our horizons.

Chris

Awesome! Now, if only Thai creations would port their Katmandu to FSX ..then I can fly from Varnasi to Thai Creations Bhutan and then to Katmandu. Then jump into the Twin Otter and fly to Lukla and sightsee everest and return to Katmandu ..where the airliner would have been refueled and kept ready for a slightly longer journey ..either to the east like Kai Tak or to the west like in Athens thence to Frankfurt and thence to EHAM and thence to UK.

:)

I am glad he is able to get snapshots. India is also paranoid about taking photographs. A few years ago, they sent a memo saying, you can take photographs.... I took some of Bangalore, Aerial and some of the new airport.. more general photography than for addon buildings. Not sure if they have restricted photography at the airport.

Thai creations is is doing Mumbai I believe. Mangalore (not Bangalore) probably would be more interesting since its a difficult aiport to land I believe (there has been few accidents there). But something close to Katmandu is the best. N.Delhi is just boring..the geography around N.Delhi is just staid...and uninteresting.

• 1 month later...

Oh well, I once saw a pretty heavy Thai 744 taking off from runway 30 in Copenhagen, its around 2500 meter. It was NOT a comforting sight! But its possible. not at MTOW of course :)

• Aerosoft

Is this a inhouse deveopled scenery

Would be nice to see the Indian scenery`s of Goa and Kerala

It is done by Andras Kozma, so even though he does not work in our offices we do consider this an internal development.

And just today we had meetings with Indian distributors, so who knows what will happen!

Archived