New Heathrow screenshots

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developer

Hi,

to say it more precise: Aerosoft/Sim-wings LHR will be released for BOTH Fs versions (FS9 AND FSX) at the same time. Of course this are two different versions due to the difference between both simulators.

Just need a little bit more time to release it to get more deeply into the new FSX features.

Thorsten Loth (sim-wings)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Can you at least consider releasing FS9 Version??

Last spoke to Flightstore, and they now claim that whilst awaiting compatibilty for FSX, it could be up to Sept 2007 before the products released. No disrespect to FSX users, but its a long time for FS9 users to wait.

Yes. Whilst I understand it's generally good business sense for developers to move onto FSX, there are still a lot of people who use FS9. So why not do the same thing you did for the Budapest scenery and release an FSX version later when the time is right? That wasn't such a disaster was it?

• Aerosoft
Yes. Whilst I understand it's generally good business sense for developers to move onto FSX, there are still a lot of people who use FS9. So why not do the same thing you did for the Budapest scenery and release an FSX version later when the time is right? That wasn't such a disaster was it?

No, it certainly was (is) not as sales are very solid and customers are very happy. The difference is in the matter of how we control projects.

Andras Kozma (the main developer of Budapest) is an independent developer but he and I have worked together for close to a decade and I (being part of Aerosoft) have a working relationship where he allows me to determine to a great degree what should be done and when it should be done. In return I don't mess or bitch about his files, lol. That is why we call call the products done by Andras 'Aerosoft Internal' projects.

Other developers (or dev teams) for example like the German Airport guys or SimWings 'use' Aerosoft as a publishing firm, they create and we market and sell their products. They are good friends and we share a lot of beers, but we got less control over them ands that is a good thing.

I hope this explains things a bit. Of course you are free to talk to them directly and I will certainly point them to this message.

• 2 months later...

Guys, just to give you all an update, I last spoke to Flightstores and they now say to me that the developers have now said that the release of Mega Heathrow will be 1st July 2007 at the earliest or possible even towards Oct 2007.

Shame that they couldn't just release the FS9 version in the meanwhile.

• 2 months later...

Hmm. About the same time as UK2000 release their Heathrow Xtreme package then. As they say, just like buses here in London - you wait for ages, then two come along at the same time!

M. :)

• Developer
"Shame that they couldn't just release the FS9 version in the meanwhile"

Hear hear!

Even the FS9 version is not at a releaseable state. It's not a small airport.

• 1 month later...
Hmm. About the same time as UK2000 release their Heathrow Xtreme package then. As they say, just like buses here in London - you wait for ages, then two come along at the same time!

M. :)

One difference between the Simwings Heathrow and UK2000 Heathrow.

Simwings will have AES and thats why i will get that version instead of UK2000 :) Thats the deciding factor for me, at least

Guest Souday

One difference between the Simwings Heathrow and UK2000 Heathrow.

Simwings will have AES and thats why i will get that version instead of UK2000 :) Thats the deciding factor for me, at least

Ditto. I love Gary's sceneries, but his lack of willingness to include AES and the reasons for it have defiantly pushed me away from his version of EGLL.

Also I love the 'cleaness' of SimWings airports. It's hard to explain but just look at the colours of the shots on the SimWings website.

Can't wait!

And I'm also slightly ######ed off that many designers are holding back to release both versions at the same time and that its is 99.999% of the time the FSX version that is causing the delays.

• 2 weeks later...

Acording to Flightstore they say it is now going to be possibly mid November 2007, the same time probaly as Uk2000 scenery, for some strange reason these devlopers are hesitating to release it before thier competitors, if this goes on, it will probaly be another year or until the new Flight Sim is out.