Comparison with Airbus by Wilco Publishing

ArnoldVDH

Hi Guys.

I fully understand if this is a topic I may not be allowed to discuss here. So please shut the topic if I offend here.

I have both versions from Wilco for the Airbus and would like to know how their product (version 1 of course) compares to this release by Aerosoft.

If the consensus is the release by Aerosoft is the better product please let me know why so I can spend some money.

Many thanks and kind regards as always.

Arnold.

I have not used my Wilco series 1 Airbus in a long time as its very buggy and combined with a low quality vc and bad lighting and texture issues is why I don't use it.

The Aerosoft Airbus has all the visual candy you could want and with a decent amount of systems modeled and I find it very good on the fps.... what more could I ask for. Version 1.10 is epic :-)

On my N7

Hi,

IMO, the Aerosoft product is a fully featured quality product, with excellent system modelling, and great visual appeal, including great night lighting, though it is on/off, but considerably better than Wilco / FT very poor night lighting. The frame rates are very good, and it has an excellent and interactive spoken Captain / CoPilot system (similar to concept to Call, but much, much more detailed and far better).

There seem to be an infinite number of AXE liveries too. The flight model is exceptionally stable; you simply point the AXE, and it absolutely stays put. It has a great fuel planner, and route editor (non Aerosoft). The only (minor) issue is inconsistent v-speeds, but with TPC.EXE (freeware, search Google) you can check and revise speeds to suit your given conditions.

A very important consideration is Aerosoft 's future plans, specifically that A318/319 versions will be released later in 2013, with updated systems including weather and ground radars, and that these systems will be ported to the A329/321. Also, the forum here is very active indeed, and that is a key issue, not just for support but for help from knowledgable simmers and also as a knowledge base.

I had a brief but happily short-lived excursion to the BBS, but I've broken away from that, and now I am now firmly back to a more civilised, professional, courteous, and substantial Aerosoft arena. Please consider this last piece of information wisely.

Good luck, but really you have a choice of a single front runner.

Fabio

I have used Wilco Airbus Evolution vol 2. To me only good things about Wilco compared to AAX are the weather radar and the frame rate friendly design (but the graphics are not good as AAX.) So you won't regret if you select AAX and not Wilco.

I in your case would choose the Airbus by Aerosoft. The reasons for that are: Much more advanced graphics, much better FBW and flight dynamics and finally the one feature the Wilco has which the Aerosoft one does not have yet, the weather radar, will be added when the A318/319 Version of the Airbus X will be released and will be added to the A320/321 too.

I in your case would choose the Airbus by Aerosoft. The reasons for that are: Much more advanced graphics, much better FBW and flight dynamics and finally the one feature the Wilco has which the Aerosoft one does not have yet, the weather radar, will be added when the A318/319 Version of the Airbus X will be released and will be added to the A320/321 too.

And terrain radar will be added too which Wilco don't have.

• Aerosoft

I have used Wilco Airbus Evolution vol 2. To me only good things about Wilco compared to AAX are the weather radar and the frame rate friendly design (but the graphics are not good as AAX.) So you won't regret if you select AAX and not Wilco.

Okay, you set the thunderstorm scenario in FSX, then try to find the storms using the weather radar. After that tell me if you like the weather radar.

Okay, you set the thunderstorm scenario in FSX, then try to find the storms using the weather radar. After that tell me if you like the weather radar.

100% right, Wilco's weather radar is fake...

In FSX we can't have a 100% real weather radar...

Oh no, not the FSX WX radar argument again! ;-)

Personally, I'd rather have something than nothing; it's all a simulation anyway, even the rain, the clouds, the cb's, the turbulence, the navaids, the scenery, the hills...

If you don't want It, switch it off; if you want it, switch it on. Mine is on, and that's my choice.

There now, what an easy solution to this sim schism.

Oh no, not the FSX WX radar argument again! ;-)

Personally, I'd rather have something than nothing; it's all a simulation anyway, even the rain, the clouds, the cb's, the turbulence, the navaids, the scenery, the hills...

If you don't want It, switch it off; if you want it, switch it on. Mine is on, and that's my choice.

There now, what an easy solution to this sim schism.

This is not an pro/contra argumentation about the WX radar, it was just to clarify that it does not work correctly though it is implemented in the Wilco and will be implemented in the AAX.

I suggest you do not take our advice but read the reviews. Most say that our version is the best Airbus to date. Of course there is a few years between the two so you would expect that.

Ok OK you win. I heard many times that this weather radar is not practically simulated correctly. Having something is better than having nothing. and flying with it is fun although it is useless. So still I give point to the Wilco for adding weather radar. Hope you won't get angry with me Mathijs.

Hi Guys.

I fully understand if this is a topic I may not be allowed to discuss here. So please shut the topic if I offend here.

I have both versions from Wilco for the Airbus and would like to know how their product (version 1 of course) compares to this release by Aerosoft.

If the consensus is the release by Aerosoft is the better product please let me know why so I can spend some money.

Many thanks and kind regards as always.

Arnold.

With version 1.1 of the AAX there is, IMO, very little left to say in favour of the Wilco/FT busses: W/FT have coded the MCDU to a greater degree and depth than in the AAX, but that doesn't change my overall decision:

With the copilot/spoken checklists, the graphics, the wide-screen support, pre-defined panel states, user-defined panel state-saving, included RAAS, future enhancements as free updates (wx radar, terrain on ND), it was an easy decision for me to finally 'ground' my W/FT busses.

If you want an Airbus that's better than the AAX you'll have to wait for the one by FSL - but it's much more fun if you can fly the AAX while you're waiting!!!

Ok OK you win. I heard many times that this weather radar is not practically simulated correctly. Having something is better than having nothing. and flying with it is fun although it is useless. So still I give point to the Wilco for adding weather radar. Hope you won't get angry with me Mathijs.

There are wx radar implementations ... and there are wx radar implementations:

- Take the stand-alone gauge from RealityXP, for example: They give you a wx radar you can work with - and the faked "wx " returns change in a way consistent with your radar settings.

- Take the W/FT implementation, for a different example: The gauge is from RealityXP, too, but it's locked in its functions, resulting in a radar tilt tied to your aircraft pitch - this way it's completely useless and doesn't make any sense at all.

With version 1.1 of the AAX there is, IMO, very little left to say in favour of the Wilco/FT busses: W/FT have coded the MCDU to a greater degree and depth than in the AAX, but that doesn't change my overall decision:

With the copilot/spoken checklists, the graphics, the wide-screen support, pre-defined panel states, user-defined panel state-saving, included RAAS, future enhancements as free updates (wx radar, terrain on ND), it was an easy decision for me to finally 'ground' my W/FT busses.

If you want an Airbus that's better than the AAX you'll have to wait for the one by FSL - but it's much more fun if you can fly the AAX while you're waiting!!!

wide screen support only applies to 2D panels, which the aerosoft bus does not provide. so you can't really say that. using the wilco VC will also be fine in wide screen.

and using the popup MCDU on the AAX it does not have the right proportions on a widescreen monitor. it is stretched and looks too wide. resizing results in a corrupted display on it.

regardless, dump the wilco bus and get this. even without the AAX when I was stupid enough to buy the whole wilco 320/330/340 evolution combo pack at once it only took me 3 or 4 test flights to figure that they are more frustrating than fun and give up on this addition to failed attempts of an Airbus simulation. well, they are remotely fun until you get in the air when it turns into pure frustration.

the AAX is not perfect but it is a lot of fun and a joy to fly. just make sure you own a joystick ;)

Sorry, I had the 'clone views' (F9 - F12) in mind which serve as substitutes to classic 2D panels.

And resizing of the MCDU seems to depend on the individual system: There is no corruption noticable on my system.

Anyway, the message to the OP seems to be clear ... :glare_s:

Hello Arnold,

I also have Wilcos Busses on my PC. I used them very often, on my very normal System. I also own the Ifly 737, and this Aircraft was my favorite compared with Wilco 320.

After the release of Aerosoft A320 X Extended, it changed completly. This is what i call a perfect flightbehavier. Its smooth for handflying due to the Perfect FBW, its perfect at the approach, the MCDU is much more better ( deeper in the systems). The Development guys are doing a Perfect Job to fullfill all Customer wishes, the Support is the best between Greenland and Antartica.

I rebuilded my Saitek Throttle to fit for an Airbus. I sold my CH flightsim yoke, and buyed a new Joystick. I am, what I never would believe, Airbus adiccted.

If I could and would know how, I would love to build a complete homecockpit for this Airbus. I am looking forward for Bryans Voice Version of FS2Crew for the Bus, and i am looking to buy a vrinsight Airbus style FCU.

So you know the "Käfer" from VW (Volkswagen)? You can not compare it with the new VW Beetle ;)

Hello Arnold,

I also have Wilcos Busses on my PC. I used them very often, on my very normal System. I also own the Ifly 737, and this Aircraft was my favorite compared with Wilco 320.

After the release of Aerosoft A320 X Extended, it changed completly. This is what i call a perfect flightbehavier. Its smooth for handflying due to the Perfect FBW, its perfect at the approach, the MCDU is much more better ( deeper in the systems). The Development guys are doing a Perfect Job to fullfill all Customer wishes, the Support is the best between Greenland and Antartica.

I rebuilded my Saitek Throttle to fit for an Airbus. I sold my CH flightsim yoke, and buyed a new Joystick. I am, what I never would believe, Airbus adiccted.

If I could and would know how, I would love to build a complete homecockpit for this Airbus. I am looking forward for Bryans Voice Version of FS2Crew for the Bus, and i am looking to buy a vrinsight Airbus style FCU.

So you know the "Käfer" from VW (Volkswagen)? You can not compare it with the new VW Beetle ;)

Really good points. +1.

Hi

It's not really fair to make comparisons for this product because there is actually nothing in common but the name. Wilco's Airbus is the easiest pro product out there. All it takes is a couple of minutes and you're good to go which is why I used it mainly when flying online with friends so as not to take time in preparations.

The Aerosoft project is a completely different philosophy. They really care to bring the best to you, and they do. They tell you they are going to give you something, and they give you something better. This is a rich project because the developers are doing an amazing job and the support team is really one of a kind, never have I experienced such kind and professional support with immediate action for all issues. And of course the members. They always have great suggestions and solutions.

But the most important, get inside the Bus, listen, feel and fly away....you will LOVE it.

Thanks Aerosoft.

Jead

Indeed a comparasion with Wilco can be done, but there are several years between. That we will have in mind. I also think Wilco is in the past for theese products

It is more fairly to compare with BBS (formly Phoenix Simulation in the good days). I was a big fan of Phoenix, they made very high quality products in theese days. BBS is an attempt to come back to todays market.

I think they have done pretty well with their Airbus for FSX/P3D both 318/319/320/321 and 330. A320 is only at serial 0.70 and is under development and so is 330. It have a quite better V/S manage than AAX but the BBS version is stil a little bit sluggish and unstable. Otherwise there is not that big difference between theese two quality software.

Regrds

I was a fan of PSS, too, but I can't comment on BBS.

So you would say there is no big difference between BBS and the AAX in terms of

- graphics,

- sound,

- copilot, flight crew,

- checklists (spoken),

- RAAS?

Even viewing BBS from a distance I'm inclined to say that the AAX does have an edge over the BBS planes ...

Archived